Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    But Troll druids do not, they worship the shadowy and animal Loa gods, which is pretty much the same as a shaman that communes with various elemental spirits. And Taurens while worshipping the moon and such, also worship the Earthmother (though they do that in general)
    I love roleplaying my troll druid, is great talking about the loa.

I don't really see it happening, as all druid classes thus far are those native to Azeroth. While shamans can draw power from Elementals anywhere, druids seem to have a connection with the nature of their own planet (aka Emerald Dream - Azeroth how it would be without interference hence no orcs). Plus why would nature grant druidic powers to the very race that killed Cenarius not all that long ago :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I love roleplaying my troll druid, is great talking about the loa.
    I should really level my druid... Damn you Dragonblight! Soul-sucking wasteland! (... And the rest of Northrend really...)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

How is an orc an abomination of nature? They were about as natural as water on Draenor. The only true abomination of nature would be Forsaken and Worgen honestly.
    Well, playable orcs are demon-corrupted (they're kind of a halfway point between Mag'har and fel orc), which may be what he meant. Or he could be confusing "non-native" with "unnatural" (I've heard people call draenei "unnatural," so it doesn't surprise me that someone would go and say it about orcs).

But...yeah, worgen are the result of nature magic gone horribly awry, and were only able to take the citrus squeezer to that pile of lemons because of druidism.

Cenarius would roll over in his former grave if this ever came to pass.

IDK...Never heard of a bloodthirsty war raging mindless Druid.... Trolls at least have control.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    How? I should not need to describe anything with it. While wow surely have diminished what orcs truly are. There are no doubt. Just look it up. Also try to remember what orc's are doing with nature, they set it on fire and rip it apart, turning into a wasteland like the land race currently live on. Trying to expand doing the very same in the lands of druids. What in Azeroth makes you think nature would side with such a race?

Worgen are nothing, but cursed humans > humans.

Forsaken are undead, sigh.
    Rambling. WoW have not dimished what orcs are, for this is the Warcraft orcs, not generic Warhammer, D&D or Lotr orcs. Yes, what exactly are the orcs doing to nature? Well their shamans are trying to save the world itself.... Turning it into a wasteland? Uhm derp? Durotar and the Barrens was already quite.... desolate prior to their arrival.

And the worgen - are much more than cursed humans. Also, being cursed into a state of ancient, elven lycantrophy - marks you as an abomination. As does being undead. SIGH to you to.

I mean yes they could fit it into lore ( i suppose). It just seems....wierd. lol
    For in game purposes one of the alliance races would need a counterpart. Would they then allow human druids?
    If you want to get technical:

Worgen Druids ARE Human Druids. They separated themselves from the rest of Azeroth and actually developed their own druids, lorewise, before Gilneas was even afflicted with the Worgen curse.

So yes, Human Druids can exist.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascetic View Post
    IDK...Never heard of a bloodthirsty war raging mindless Druid.... Trolls at least have control.
    And so does orcs. Not to mention, orcs aren't cannibals.

Aliens...

BECOMING DRUIDS?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    I don't really see it happening, as all druid classes thus far are those native to Azeroth. While shamans can draw power from Elementals anywhere, druids seem to have a connection with the nature of their own planet (aka Emerald Dream - Azeroth how it would be without interference hence no orcs). Plus why would nature grant druidic powers to the very race that killed Cenarius not all that long ago :P
    Druidism doesn't have anything to do with Cenarius per se, look at the troll druids please. And the Emerald Dream is not only in Azeroth, the lvl 70 druid flight form quest showed that Outland has it to, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

Worgen Druids ARE Human Druids. They separated themselves from the rest of Azeroth and actually developed their own druids, lorewise, before Gilneas was even afflicted with the Worgen curse.

They weren't called druids, they were called like Reapers.
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

They weren't exactly druids though, the Gilneans had so called "Harvest Mages", Mages that had learned a few spells revolving around agriculture, soil and earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascetic View Post
    www.wowpedia.org/savagekin

but yeah, Orcs being druids, not happening.
    Last edited by Khathrok; 2011-10-11 at 01:14 AM.

Druidism doesn't have anything to do with Cenarius per se, look at the troll druids please. And the Emerald Dream is not only in Azeroth, the lvl 70 druid flight form quest showed that Outland has it to, somehow.
    "Druids are keepers of the world who walk the path of nature, following the wisdom of the Ancients and Cenarius, healing and nurturing the world. To a druid, nature is a delicate balance of actions, in which even the smallest imbalance can create storming turmoil from peaceful skies."
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Well, playable orcs are demon-corrupted (they're kind of a halfway point between Mag'har and fel orc), which may be what he meant. Or he could be confusing "non-native" with "unnatural" (I've heard people call draenei "unnatural," so it doesn't surprise me that someone would go and say it about orcs).

But...yeah, worgen are the result of nature magic gone horribly awry, and were only able to take the citrus squeezer to that pile of lemons because of druidism.
    They WERE demon-corrupted. Or rather fel-tainted.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    "Druids are keepers of the world who walk the path of nature, following the wisdom of the Ancients and Cenarius, healing and nurturing the world. To a druid, nature is a delicate balance of actions, in which even the smallest imbalance can create storming turmoil from peaceful skies."
    Ever rolled a troll druid mate? I'm gonna go and say no, they are druids because one of their trainers (the tiger queen one) had a vision of the Raptor Loa being trapped in the Emerald Dream.

Trolls - Animal Loa's
    Tauren - Earth mother/sun
    Night elves - moon/elune
    Worgen - "created/cursed" by night elves, had secret druid sect for the followers of Goldrinn ((great wolf spirit) they could only shape shift into feral wolf forms) they went nuts and ended up hidden away, Arugal poked the bear and woke them up, Gileans went oh crap worgens and scourge again and build/hid behind a great wall, then night elves came back and helped share the other druidic forms to the "Havest Witches" and there you have it. Worgen Druid.

Orc's.. sure they have shamans but as someone pointed out they are more I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE type people instead of zomg I'm going to hop with bunnies people.

I think that is all correct >_>'

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    www.wowpedia.org/feralkin

but yeah, Orcs being druids, not happening.
    Dead link.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Trolls - Animal Loa's
    Tauren - Earth mother/sun
    Night elves - moon/elune
    Worgen - "created/cursed" by night elves, had secret druid sect for the followers of Goldrinn ((great wolf spirit) they could only shape shift into feral wolf forms) they went nuts and ended up hidden away, then night elves came back and helped share the other druidic forms to the "Havest Witches" and there you have it. Worgen Druid.

Orc's.. sure they have shamans but as someone pointed out they are more I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE type people instead of zomg I'm going to hop with bunnies people.

I think that is all correct >_>'
    Best mental picture I've had in years.

Dead link.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:15 AM ----------

Best mental picture I've had in years.
    Yeah i corrected it.