Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of my rage. I want to internet bitchslap people on that thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    All of my rage. I want to internet bitchslap people on that thread...
    Sounds about right! Haha

I could even compare that thread to the Occupy Wallstreet (the whole thing is a sad example). They're declaring that EVERYONE should have EQUAL PAY whether they WORK OR NOT. That concept alone hurts my head. Guy #1 works his ass off for $7.50 an hour. While Guy #2 fattens his own arse on the couch watching sports, and makes the same $7.50 an hour. The whole concept of trying to compare working folk to lazy butts is just stupid and beyond!

It's like comparing apples to spinach. >_<' Same for GW2 vs. SWTOR topics, the whole thing is silly because 1.) they're both not out yet, and 2.) one is conventional while the other is trying to change the scene.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-10-11 at 07:03 PM. Reason: D:

Deleted
    I found this funny:

Yes that's true and those abilities change with every kind of weapon you equip. So you could be a warrior, equip a staff and suddenly your hot bars are full of magic spells.

Sounds like more homogenization to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    I found this funny:

Yes that's true and those abilities change with every kind of weapon you equip. So you could be a warrior, equip a staff and suddenly your hot bars are full of magic spells.

Sounds like more homogenization to me.
    lol It's comments as funny as that that make me want to read the whole thing, but I think I'll just end up getting mad and not have any way to vent at them, so I'll resist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    lol It's comments as funny as that that make me want to read the whole thing, but I think I'll just end up getting mad and not have any way to vent at them, so I'll resist!
    It got even better on the next page.quote from the same guy that said about warriors using staffs in response who said warriors can't.

That's not true. Watch the TotalBiscuit high level Eurogamer footage here:

Part 1:

http://www.cynicalbrit.com/videos/►-...meplay-part-1/

Part 2:

http://www.cynicalbrit.com/videos/►-...meplay-part-2/

There's even a dev explaining it all.

mouse over the links... Its his asura guardian game play I seriously almost wet myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    This does also makes me wonder why Odeezee felt the need to go to the SWTOR forums and ultimately post a link to said forum discussion in the GW2 subforum. What does this accomplish? Was this topic made so GW2 fans could point and laugh at these misguided SWTOR fans for bashing the game, just so the GW2 community can bash on the SWTOR community? I honestly don't see anything good that could come out of this topic. It's just so easy for it to lead to more hostility between the two groups. I'm not exactly saying this was Odeezee's intention to cause trouble, but it can easily be interpreted as such.

Also regardless of intentions whether good or bad, bashing a community for bashing something you like doesn't make you better than them, it's akin to an eye for an eye. You know what they say, an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.
    since you brought it up i will answer your questions. i go to the SWTOR forums to try and find some improvements to the game or maybe something i have missed while researching the game that would make me actually want to buy it. i have fundamental issues with SWTOR as far as how its basic combat mechanics work and the adherence to the trinity style of class/combat structure. i am a gamer so i like games and i was looking forward to playing SWTOR but that was before i started to read more about it. i am not a SW or BW fan but i am a very big MMO fan who is all about maximizing my potential within the game world and being the best at what i do.

linking the thread was to show people what not to do if you want to have a meaningful argument, which i love, and how some people's blind fanaticism can skew people's perceptions to their own detriment, in a medium actually meant for fun and they are just potentially limiting their enjoyment by ignoring the facts available. this is a big problem with the communities today, people just don't want to learn AND understand the facts available to them so they keep spreading misinformation or just blatantly make things up and utilize the "strawman argument" with such vigor and righteousness. if people dislike a game on its own merits then that is fine, we can have a healthy debate about the pros and the cons, it's when people not only disrespect the facts but also disrespect the intelligence of the audience that it becomes and issue with me. and by and large, if people such as yourself see this behavior and let it continue then who can you blame when the animosity starts to set in?

i have tried to politely correct people and i was given a warning by the SWTOR mods, so i have stopped posting as much as i used to as they do not want a meaningful discussion they would just prefer a biased one. i mean look at the fact that they removed the off-topic forums, which to me was a mistake, at least in the off-topic section the discussions could be kept out of the general forum.

and about your bashing comment i disagree, i did not bash the SWTOR community, i just stated facts. just because people do not like facts that counter their particular mindset that does not invalidate the remarks i made. if people do not like one game or another let them express their view as long as it is based on ACTUAL facts that anyone can prove. but what tends to happen all too often is that people hide behind the phrase "in my opinion" but that opinion generally was created in its own little vacuum devoid of any actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I did, and he was an idiot. Just another trying to stir the pot imo.
    i hope the OP you are referring to is the OP of the thread i linked and not me.

Being a fan of both these games is abnormally hard. They are so different that they can hardly be compared, yet that's all people want to do. Why can't people just accept the fact that others like different things, and let it go at that? Why can't TOR use the classic MMO model if they can make it work? Why can't GW2 use their new systems if they can make it work? Why must everything be leaped upon with tooth and nail if it's not in accordance with someone else's personal beliefs?
    personally, as different as these two games are, people can still discuss their respective merits and maybe even learn something they did not know or had not considered. people should not be afraid to have discussions about these two games as it just leads to more ignorance and misinformation in its absence. all games compete, regardless of genre, because the most important commodity is time and as such debating/discussing two games especially in the same genre is very prudent. people not actually researching about the topics at hand then becomes the issue, but to say that because others choose not to educate themselves on the topics and make an informed decision should somehow negate all further discussion, is wrong.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so hard for people to research a game before bashing it? I mean this about both sides. I've seen my fair amount of GW2 fans bashing SWTOR for no good reason. And both bash WoW and WoW bashes both of them. I don't get it. Just shut up and be happy with the game you like.

Deleted
    People, just ignore these posts. They won't listen to you since their opinion has already been formed and they are nonresponsive for info on GW2, just because they want GW2 to suck, so more people will play SWTOR. You can either promote your own game or just write down a competitor. Don't let it get on your nerves and make you rage about it. Just ignore it, and promote GW2 whenever and everywhere you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i hope the OP you are referring to is the OP of the thread i linked and not me.
    Yes, the OP in the link you provided.

Though, I won't lie. I wish you hadn't posted this thread at all. It doesn't serve much purpose other than another opportunity for people to generate hate and fling insults at others. Which was what the bad OP and thread of the link you used was already doing. I could easily start pulling the same type of threads from the GW2 sites, and put them in the TOR forum, and we could all fling poo all over everyone and no one would come out the wiser for any of it. We'd just all be smeared and covered in poo.

This thread is still open because of the semi intelligent talk, but honestly, I don't see that continuing for much longer. I see it as a hate/bashing thread, and nothing more.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-11 at 08:44 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    and about your bashing comment i disagree, i did not bash the SWTOR community, i just stated facts. just because people do not like facts that counter their particular mindset that does not invalidate the remarks i made. if people do not like one game or another let them express their view as long as it is based on ACTUAL facts that anyone can prove. but what tends to happen all too often is that people hide behind the phrase "in my opinion" but that opinion generally was created in its own little vacuum devoid of any actual facts.
    Now I never said you were bashing the SWTOR community. The point I was trying to make is that this topic you have made does open up an avenue for community bashing. My last sentence about not bashing on people because their bashing on you was meant as a general statement and not directed to any one person.

I could easily start pulling the same type of threads from the GW2 sites, and put them in the TOR forum, and we could all fling poo all over everyone and no one would come out the wiser for any of it. We'd just all be smeared and covered in poo.
    You could certainly try, but you won't see anything near the bile, hate and misinformation you see on the SWTOR official forums. That forum seems to attract the dark side!

There are no official Guild Wars 2 forums, but the closest thing is probably Guild Wars 2 Guru. If you look at all the SWTOR threads there, you'll see most are started up as a way to discuss the game, not diss it. Most of the people posting in those threads post constructively and even praise the game, and while you get the odd troublemaker or troll talking shit, any misinformation they spread is corrected by more knowledgeable people. If the thread does get out of hand, the thread is closed, but the posts correcting misinformation are never deleted like they are on the SWTOR forums.

Here's the only one I've seen recently:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...lic-t2284.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Some are like that, but I've definately seen others that were not as constructive or nice. =)

My point is, I wouldn't go and find them to post them here so people can rag on "those idiots". I'd leave those idiots to their thing in their place and not worry about them.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the OP in the link you provided.

Though, I won't lie. I wish you hadn't posted this thread at all. It doesn't serve much purpose other than another opportunity for people to generate hate and fling insults at others. Which was what the bad OP and thread of the link you used was already doing. I could easily start pulling the same type of threads from the GW2 sites, and put them in the TOR forum, and we could all fling poo all over everyone and no one would come out the wiser for any of it. We'd just all be smeared and covered in poo.

This thread is still open because of the semi intelligent talk, but honestly, I don't see that continuing for much longer. I see it as a hate/bashing thread, and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Now I never said you were bashing the SWTOR community. The point I was trying to make is that this topic you have made does open up an avenue for community bashing. My last sentence about not bashing on people because their bashing on you was meant as a general statement and not directed to any one person.
    i understand that topics like this are charged in that they can create partisan rhetoric, but this is why a post like this is great on these boards in particular; this is a GW2 sub-forum on a WoW site along side a SWTOR sub-forum. if we cannot have constructive debates here then where can we go for them? seriously where? instead of us "just" wanting to buck the trend of ignorance fueled rhetoric, let's actually do it. yes there may be some mud slinging here and there but by and large most people's posts have not been outlandish, most just expressed their anger over the blatant lies expressed on the SWTOR boards.

i am currently playing GW right now to fill up my HoM (16/30) atm and i am still subbed to Aion (though i have not logged on in almost 2 months) and i want to be able to play SWTOR because as a gamer why should i miss out on a potentially good game? i just can't seem to find anything i like enough to buy it let alone pre-order. so for me, personally, a different perspective on the game is always welcomed. like i said before i am not a SW fan (i like watching good movies regardless of genre and the new ones were poorly written and badly acted and the old ones were "ok") and i am not a BW fan (tried ME and it put me to sleep so i uninstalled) so i need more than brand recognition to sway me. and since SWTOR is coming out before GW2 it would be great for me to get into it, i just find it hard to motivate myself to :/
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Human nature is scary.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, mostly is was just the blatant stupidity that got me about GW2. They have the internet at their fingertips, and yet choose to stay ignorant I suppose. Me on the other hand, I looked at both games, and a few others coming out. None so far have appealed to me but GW2 because of their open-approach with GW2 and MMOs.

I don't understand bashing for ethier game , I will play GW2 over TOR when it GW2 releases. But I was lucky enough to get into beta the last weekend and try it out. I made a Sith warrior and gameplay yes like WoW , but the questing like pickingup/returning quest and going into the whole stor mode thing is amazing it made me want to actually buy the game. first time made a sith warrior to level 10 making him a badass , then tried it again picking all the "good" options and it was a blast i think I will make the worlds first good sith haha =D

GW2 obviously will be what I brag about to my friends but I will play SWTOR as a single player RPG because thayt was the only thing I found really fun about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I could even compare that thread to the Occupy Wallstreet (the whole thing is a sad example). They're declaring that EVERYONE should have EQUAL PAY whether they WORK OR NOT.
    That is NOT the goal of Occupy Wallstreet. That's just as ignorant and uniformed as the dribble in the thread the OP linked.
    Last edited by MalazanFan; 2011-10-12 at 12:25 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a very good reason to "bash" SW:TOR!
    In my, very personal, opinion the expanded Star Wars Universe before A New Hope is stupid! Lucas ruined the great! (Well, not really surprising).
    A side from that the game looks fantastic. Even if I can see some of the more "gogogogogogogo" population of some MMOs to have problems when you after a boss, before loot have to get through a five step fully voiced conversation.
    Still, how people often act on internet forums is sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just want to inject some awesome into something that could go sour. Just remember they are games and made to be fun to certain audiences. Not for you? Fine. Just move on.

This one is *slightly* NSFW just for the vocabulary, nothing terrible, but you know how work places are.

http://youtu.be/0la5DBtOVNI