can i run 25man raids on this system?

hey guys,

can i do smooth 25man raids on the following system, with shadows turned off (dont need them).

Black Edition AM3 AMD Phenom II X4 840, 4x 3.20GHz
    Mainboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
    ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-e 16x Card Direct X 11.0
    4GB RAM PC1333 Kingston
    COOLERMASTER 80+ Powersupply

thank you in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    should be able to easily

Depends on your monitor resolution and what is your definition of smooth.

High settings on 1920x1080 monitor will drop to 5fps during heavy aoe or in adds phases (like on Ragnaros), medium settings or 1680x1050 should be more playable. Just tweak the knobs until you find good tradeoff between speed and effects, and it will be fine.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

1600x900 windowed mode
    multisampling and filtering on 4x
    view distance - good
    shadows - off
    particles - good

everything else on high. that were the settings i would like to play with. smooth for me is 35+ fps

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    everything else on high. that were the settings i would like to play with. smooth for me is 35+ fps
    Will drop to 5-10fps during lots of adds or heavy aoe, but it should be close to the numbers you want otherwise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

okay thanks, but i definitly need a new comp. currently im running wow on an amd athlon 64 3000+ 1,8ghz single core and im on 10-15fps in 25 man -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    okay thanks, but i definitly need a new comp. currently im running wow on an amd athlon 64 3000+ 1,8ghz single core and im on 10-15fps in 25 man -_-
    I assume that is without any adds or something? Coz else it really sounds kinda much with 10-15 fps with an comp that old, but I can ofc be misstaken about that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can run 25s, sure, it won't run great though. I had a 2.5GHz Pentium dual core, 6GB DDR2 RAM, and a 9800 GT GeForce Green Edition from PNY and was still able to raid decently, with some settings turned fairly high up, but it surely made a night and day difference when I replaced the mobo, CPU, RAM, and later on - the GPU.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    I assume that is without any adds or something? Coz else it really sounds kinda much with 10-15 fps with an comp that old, but I can ofc be misstaken about that.
    nope with boss effects and adds im on 10fps. but my graphic settings are low/medium^^ but well 10-15fps is not playable at all

my current setup:
    amd athlon 64 3000+ 1,8ghz single core
    geforce 9600gt
    2GB ram

i guess the new setup will already be a night and day difference to what i got now (hopefully) ^^
    Last edited by Aristocat; 2011-10-11 at 08:15 AM. Reason: setup

Are you looking at a prebuilt computer at the moment? I suggest you look at i3/i5 sandy bridge based build. Going for an AMD build at the moment isn't the smartest idea.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iSythe View Post
    Are you looking at a prebuilt computer at the moment? I suggest you look at i3/i5 sandy bridge based build. Going for an AMD build at the moment isn't the smartest idea.
    ^an i3 Sandybridge will still destroy any AMD Athlon or most Phenom IIs (I may be giving Phenom II more credit than it deserves here) in gaming.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water