Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like the idea of how the crafting system is going to work. It discourages leveling up all the craftings on more than one character, but it also makes it much more convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Artificier and Tailor for me as an elementalist.

DAMN crafting looks awesome! Immersive and stuff! WoW crafting is just "pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, etc".

Crafting looks awesome for Guild Wars 2.For my Warrior Weaponsmith and Armorsmith and for my Elementalist Artificer and Tailor.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Deleted
    Huntsman and Leatherworking for my Ranger. Gonna be soooo awesome! /)^3^(\

Yes, sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's not my fault that it has influenced my life as it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I honestly would rather do the other Crafting skills on the other 7 alts I'll have, and trade between them. Not everyone likes doing it all on one character, it makes it sound tedious and expensive. You have to pay to switch, and it might cost 1000g, which in GW2 terms means "f*cking pricey!" And I hope they keep it pricey! There should be consequences for what you do (at least in GW2) like in real life.

Example: Let's say I inherit a small fortune, around $25,000.00. I currently live in an apartment, and drive one car that's old and clunky, but runs. Do I buy a new car? Put a down payment on a house? Or go blow it like a moron on random junk or gambling? Choices like that can be both good and bad. And I like that reflected in MMOs and other video games.

Edit- In GW1 there was only Gold, and you made 1000g into 1 platinum. Sounds easy right? Well, most things cost lots of platinum, and things like lock-picks (1p500g) broke after a couple tries. So you had to invest in them.
    I lol'ed at a couple of tries. Chest Y U No give me Gold Items! Lockpick! Y U Break on Purple Items!

Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    The last quote in the main post is the most interesting one, at least if we don't get tons of people datamining the hell out of the game. Discovering new recipes is gonna be really cool, and I hope they stealth-patch some in every once in a while.
    This. So much this.

Althou I like reading and seeing some of the game in advance, I SO hope they will keep it from being datamined. It ruins the experience if everything is discovered before release. I like not knowing, I love that fresh feeling of true discovery. How or if they will try to keep it unknown, I do not know

This was also one of the reasons I stopped playing WoW. Already worked out strats for every dung/raid, and every recipe being discovered before patches came out, I mean where is the fun in that? I hope this is something they will be aware of.

OT: Being able to craft stuff way above your own lvl, amazing! I used to hate the lvl cap on WoW profs, I always farmed the hell out of my profs long before reaching the next lvl needed to learn more.

I think this way of doing the profs will actually make what profs you choose count more. Being able to craft items that you actually need while lvling is sweet

Edit(ed); for being sick and incoherent
    Last edited by Armida; 2011-10-12 at 12:01 PM.
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    The last quote in the main post is the most interesting one, at least if we don't get tons of people datamining the hell out of the game. Discovering new recipes is gonna be really cool, and I hope they stealth-patch some in every once in a while.
    Well it's inevitable that the recipes will be on the wiki once they are discovered. Nothing you can do about that really (unless you randomize the ingredients needed every time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting looks so immersive A future with fun crafting.. can't be more happy!