[PVP] Shaman gear heal vs elem

Allright I'll try to be as clear as possible,

I come from a time where spirit was useless for shamans, resto needed mp5 gear and ele needed hit gear ..... Now I come back to the game and spirit is usefull for both.

My shammy just hit 85 a few days ago and gear is starting to come .... I have difficult choices to make.

I would like to be able to switch from spec to spec using the same gear with reforging, my main spec would be Elem and I'll be healing for 2v2.

I know I'll need +-2000 spirit to be a healer, that's too much for an elem but I can reforge .... I need advices from experienced (2000+) shamans who've done this.

What gear should I get ???
    I allready have the spen pen cloack, both rings (spirit and crit) and the spirit neck.
    1/ Full spirit offset with elem S9 ?
    2/ Full spirit offset with heal S9 ?
    3/ Mix heal S9 Elem S9 ?
    3/ Other
    4/ Forget about it this won't work

Hope it's clear thank you for your help... may the spirits be with you.
    Last edited by Rork; 2011-10-11 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Allright I'll try to be as clear as possible,

I come from a time where spirit was useless for shamans, resto needed mp5 gear and ele needed hit gear ..... Now I come back to the game and spirit is usefull for both.

My shammy just hit 85 a few days ago and gear is starting to come .... I have difficult choices to make.

I would like to be able to switch from spec to spec using the same gear with reforging, my main spec would be Elem and I'll be healing for 2v2.

I know I'll need +-2000 spirit to be a healer, that's too much for an elem but I can reforge .... I need advices from experienced (2000+) shamans who've done this.

What gear should I get ???
    I allready have the spen pen cloack, both rings (spirit and crit) and the spirit neck.
    1/ Full spirit offset with elem S9 ?
    2/ Full spirit offset with heal S9 ?
    3/ Mix heal S9 Elem S9 ?
    3/ Other
    4/ Forget about it this won't work

Hope it's clear thank you for your help... may the spirits be with you.
    If you plan on doing both Ele PvP and Resto PvP, start off with the resto set/stats to get conquest (arena points) points with, then work on your Ele set.
    If you're doing Ele PvE and Resto PvP, you just need two different sets. Again, start off with Resto, gear that and then do PvE content as Ele with the resto pvp gear to get started.

You'll have a really hard time with PvP this late into the season, so what you might want to do is just focus on PvE (if you plan on doing Ele PvE) up until Patch 4.3, and then gear for PvP.

If you don't plan on doing any sort of PvE, you just got to deal with dying every single BG in a deep freeze to Ruthless geared mages.

The gearing process for PvP is really stupid.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2011-10-11 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If you plan on doing both Ele PvP and Resto PvP, start off with the resto set/stats to get conquest (arena points) points with, then work on your Ele set.
    If you're doing Ele PvE and Resto PvP, you just need two different sets. Again, start off with Resto, gear that and then do PvE content as Ele with the resto pvp gear to get started.

You'll have a really hard time with PvP this late into the season, so what you might want to do is just focus on PvE (if you plan on doing Ele PvE) up until Patch 4.3, and then gear for PvP.

If you don't plan on doing any sort of PvE, you just got to deal with dying every single BG in a deep freeze to Ruthless geared mages.

The gearing process for PvP is really stupid.
    Thx but this is really not answering my question, I'm talking about stats ELE vs RESTO for PVP, this toon will not set foot in a raid anymore.

(No noob here 2k arenas is S2-S3 with shitty gear, killed Illidian and Archimondus pre nerf, I know the game although it as changed a lot)

Yes I have hard time in BG but it's fun allready, have the crafted 358 pvp gear and trinkkets, I don't stand long when focused, but I can contribute a lot in small BG Ele shammy have quite some tools to annoy the ennemies compared to what it was in BC.

I think resto gear should suffice for elemental while you're starting out. Then when you're done with your resto gear you can start collecting the ele equivalent. As elemental you will be wanting a lot of haste. I have a friend who's resto/ele and plays ele mostly in his resto gear. I think he has 1 point in the spirit to hit talent which gives him around 6% hit in full resto gear. Perhaps you could reforge some of the excess spirit into haste.