Thread: addons.

Deleted

addons.

hey guys!
    will there be addon in swtor ? i mean, if we/i do any quest and i dont really know where to go or who to kill ( going to play BH)
    will there be any addon that helps me ? or is this already implented that it shows on the map where to go ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    hey guys!
    will there be addon in swtor ? i mean, if we/i do any quest and i dont really know where to go or who to kill ( going to play BH)
    will there be any addon that helps me ? or is this already implented that it shows on the map where to go ?
    I'm going to put a civil post here before you get bashed for this by a lot of people.

Bioware is making a massive effort to make story matter in SWTOR. I mean, story is pivotal to the game. You're asking essentially for a way to skip the story and just check the map for your next place to run to which is an insult to the company that are working so hard to complete this game and make it immersive in my opinion. I mean if you don't care about the story, are you seriously just going to play it to get to max level and raid/pvp and miss 90% of the game's content out?

On topic, the in game map shows where you need to go so even if you do skip the story you're not completely screwed.

We had this addon discussion a few days ago and this discussion will be exactly the same.

Some people will come in here crying about how recount ruined WoW and they hate it with a fiery passion for some past grudge they probably have, while other people support the idea.

I am 100% sure that there will be addons post-launch, and I'm sure along with that someone will develop a Questhelper mod, although it wouldn't be really needed since the built-in "helper" is like the one WoW has now.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-11 at 09:50 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

So in wow you can READ where you go, and in here someone actually VOCALLY, ie out loud, tells you where to go and you still need a mod for it? Then I ahave to inform you that an mmo might not be the best game for you :P

Anyway! As the two above me already have said, there is markings on your map already for this inngame so you won't need one

Deleted
    well i think you got my all wrong think i should have post in the thread, following this game since 2008 and LOVE how the story mode is working and i hope its working out well when the game is released im not going to skipp any of the story, my question was, if i get a quest is it shown where i got to go, caus in tbc (when i haveng got questhelper) i had to search it on wowhead or stuff like that, and beeing stuck on lvl 33 caus i had to clue with who to talk to ;p ( example ;p ) but thanks! got the info i needed

Hehe np.

Just bad formulation of your question then i guess

Deleted
    hehe its no problem :"P wasnt really stated to you caus when i wrote it i diddint see your comment but i just ment , that i aint going to be stuck on lets say lvl 27 caus i dont know who lord derp is and where lord derp is xD hehe so it is just shown on the map where i got to go but dont think im a kid who bashes on his key board to fast reach lvl 50 and do endgame;p i want to experience all the story the bounty hunter class has to offer me

Deleted
    I read somewhere, here, that you would be able to talk to your companions too. They would help you with going to the quest locations, or the next quest in your chain. Also people are saying that the levelling process is quite linear, as though you are taking part in a movie instead of an interactive game. While there will be side quests, it should be pretty plain where you go for the current objective, and the next quest is served up to you in a cut scene.

I get the impression that it's very similar to Mass Effect 2, and less like Dragon Age.

Deleted
    In TOR story is most important and if that doesn't interest you that game isn't for you then.
    It is about getting into a tale so in my opinion addons would spoil then fun.

Ok 1st thing, no addons will be aloud in game at first, mayb down the line tho, and 2nd questhelp(i always hated that mod and never used it but used lots of others) wont be needed in it coz the in game map will be more than enough

Deleted
    okee godamn stop ;p i LOVE how swtor will work out, stop posting dumb comments with omg the game isnt for you blablablabla, i just asked if there will be some sort of "quest helper" in game to show where to go next and not running like a mindles zombie stuck in lets say a capital caus i dont know where to go next

Deleted
    SWTOR has already implanted a quest guide and it's too good. There's a good explanatory for understanding what a quest need to be done.

Bioware is making a massive effort to make story matter in SWTOR. I mean, story is pivotal to the game. You're asking essentially for a way to skip the story and just check the map for your next place to run to which is an insult to the company that are working so hard to complete this game and make it immersive in my opinion. I mean if you don't care about the story, are you seriously just going to play it to get to max level and raid/pvp and miss 90% of the game's content out?
    I have to agree that story does matter in the game, but imho nobody can tell me how to play the game. It's a HUGE game with a ton of things to do, so if I want to steamroll the leveling part to reach end game pve, I'm free to do it. If I want RP, so be it. I've played the beta and I hope sometime in the future to implant add-ons. It would help both the players and the developers. Addons can give some solutions in NOT MANDATORY and let the players get what they want and let the devs focusing entirely on more crucial things.

Fighting about addons ruining or not the game is wrong. They are optional so if you want them you can use them, if you hate them then don't. It's like fighting about what to put on top of my bread. Jam or honey?
    Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2011-10-11 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Jam or honey?
    Anyone who doesn't put Jam on their bread is a F***ing idiot. Honey is made by Bees dammit. Strawberries never sting anyone. If you are out playing an innocent game of football and it disappears into a strawberry patch, you don't get a swarm of angry strawberries coming out to get you.

/rant off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Anyone who doesn't put Jam on their bread is a F***ing idiot. Honey is made by Bees dammit. Strawberries never sting anyone. If you are out playing an innocent game of football and it disappears into a strawberry patch, you don't get a swarm of angry strawberries coming out to get you.

/rant off
    /thread...nicely said sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Bioware's vision is for you not to need a mod to help you progress. As far as other mods go I know modding will not be available at launch. Chances are, in my opinion, there will never be mods for this game. Any feature the community deems necessary will be built into the game the way Bioware sees it fitting into their product.

I hope so. Any MMO has yet to make good bags. A bag addon is the one thing I need in an MMO.

Trust me, the way they have things set up you won't need addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't bags in TOR. There is one inventory slot that can be made bigger, and everything in it is seen in one screen. There is a seperate tab for quest items as well. 1:25 shows it for a second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNABCw5338

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    I'm going to put a civil post here before you get bashed for this by a lot of people.

On topic, the in game map shows where you need to go so even if you do skip the story you're not completely screwed.
    some people will. in fact as i recall most people who play games don't finish the campaigns / stories.

sad to us nerds who love the stories, but this is the hand thats dealt to companies now-a-days

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this thread for the same reasons as the damage meter thread. We're all just going to take a timeout from talking about addons for a while.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net