Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Ragnaros 25. "method" tactic, anyone else?

My guild are currently still on heroic ragnaros 25, and even after looking around for quite some time, I've yet to see another guild than method to use the "individual molten elemental" tactic.. I was hoping maybe one of you guys would know of a youtube video, or perhaps your guild is using it, if so, please do contact me, mostly regarding p2 management.

Inner sanctum did something "alike" it.
    Spread people on left/right side of the room. Seeds spawns, everyone runs to middle to get healed up.
    When seeds explode, everyone runs to the OPPOSITE side of the room they came from, thus making the add travel all the way from one end of the platform to the other. Also, they will all end up going through the middle if done correct, meaning you will be able to throw in ground-targetted aoe (DnD, earthquake, traps, shrooms, etc) and on-the-move AOE (howling blast, multi shot) to take down their HP a significant amount before they reach their target.

Quote Originally Posted by Samic View Post
    My guild are currently still on heroic ragnaros 25, and even after looking around for quite some time, I've yet to see another guild than method to use the "individual molten elemental" tactic.. I was hoping maybe one of you guys would know of a youtube video, or perhaps your guild is using it, if so, please do contact me, mostly regarding p2 management.
    Out of curiosity why not do the strat everyone else is doing for seeds? Is your aoe really that lacking even with the nerf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    Out of curiosity why not do the strat everyone else is doing for seeds? Is your aoe really that lacking even with the nerf?
    People moving in a group is REALLY, REALLY HARD SHIT.

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-10-12 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    yup. 4 hunters, two demo locks/spriests, a boomkin, and 2-3 mages, the mages/spriests dropping theirs out of group so they can stand still, and we still don't kill them till we reach the other side, and that's if we manage to do that. also hunters getting scared and disengaging into magma traps. good times.

if you have people running/disengaging into traps with the stack & aoe strat, almost any variation of spreading around the platform will likely result in similar outcome :0 Keep in mind that you will lose some burst doing the spread out strat so people will need to be on their game for dodging world in flames effectively while not stacking seed dmg buff/still having some of them up through it.

edit: If you are able to effectively execute dropping seeds together(without people dying to seeds hitting), I would suggest dropping them in the dead center of the platform(up against rags body) for intial aoe when they spawn, and then spreading around the platform evenly for single targetting.. worked pretty well for our 25m
    Last edited by Docta; 2011-10-11 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    as of progressing on this, even in 10 man, you can expirience lacking AoE. Like of my own group, we've got basicly, 1 Spriest, 1 hunter for the AoE and this doesnt quite cut it.
    So after a few days progress, and kept gettnig killed every time we had to do the seeds, we now have a little "mixed" tactic of the 2. Though the tactic is not viable on 25 man to the same extend.
    But the method tactic is diff. viable. With the correct setup it'll give you quite a bit of extra dps for P3 as well. it's a bit harder to perfect though compared to the other tactic, where it all gets into "stack up. -> Move quickly, in 1 group -> AoE + run -> pray to god that no one dies"
    Even the method tactic could possibly be tweaked a bit, if you have some AoE but not enough to cut the pase. Well... In theory anyway. If you made 2 groups, stacked on each side, moving simultaniously towards the middle, stacking there for some healing, and some AoE. When the adds spawn the gruop moves to the middle, spreading in a fan.

That said, again, it seems to be the harder tactic to perfect of the two. But its plausible. (We use basicly a tactic of what i described, but in 10 man, you can have people just use 1 side to spread, and more room to spread from seeds.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    People moving in a group is REALLY, REALLY HARD SHIT.
    Harder than moving alone.

[21:53:58.727] Living Meteor Meteor Impact Wablakin 133608 (O: 189101, R: 98869)

I'll just leave this here.
    Now, as long as you stay away from me, I stay away from you. Deal?

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-10-12 at 12:51 PM.

[21:53:58.727] Living Meteor Meteor Impact Wablakin 133608 (O: 189101, R: 98869)

Oh wow.

Nice one.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Deleted

Dying instead of killing people with meteor, nice find.
    Last edited by mmoc12f026c685; 2011-10-12 at 09:13 AM.

Not even trolling, but is it really acceptable for people that haven't killed the encounter to be insulting one another?

In all seriousness. Just do the AoE strategy. It's the most effective when it comes down to it. If you lack in dps it has to do with mechanical problems (not pre-casting properly, moving too far from seed spawns being unable to get a global or two off before having to move etc.) rather than simply lack of classes. The boss has been nerfed to the ground. I'd suggest picking a strategy and just sticking with it, and fine tuning it rather than changing each pull.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    yup. 4 hunters, two demo locks/spriests, a boomkin, and 2-3 mages, the mages/spriests dropping theirs out of group so they can stand still, and we still don't kill them till we reach the other side, and that's if we manage to do that. also hunters getting scared and disengaging into magma traps. good times.
    Don't move too far from the seeds. There's no reason to move all the way to the other side. You want to position yourself far enough awayfrom the seeds to mitigate as much as the explosion as possible while still being able to get off one or two globals prior to having to move away from them. I promise you with that much AoE the stack strategy is absolutely do-able. It's just a matter of fine tuning to get the most out of your AoE.
    Last edited by Kakera; 2011-10-12 at 09:26 AM.

Opening with an insult out of nowhere and telling you to leave him alone doesn't usually work
    Add to that, there are multiple reasons why he may have died to begin with, it doesn't necessarily mean "hurp Im tunneling"

Anyways on topic, have you guys been having healing priests mindsear off of pets, resto shamans get a quick shock+Nova off, etc etc?

We are having trouble with aoe output using the paragon strat. I was wondering how much of this is just the setup, from the 18 dps only 8 (1 dk, 1 boomkin, 1 spriest, 3 hunters, 2-3 locks) could effectively aoe. We're playing around a bit with 2 melee dropping the seeds elsewhere and running into the big group to aoe them down as well which helped a little. Should 8-10 dps be able to handle to aoe or do we just need a few more?

We tried the method tactic as well but it didn't seem to work for us.

Deleted
    Most people who fail on the Aoe is becuase they do not move back, they stay and hope the adds die before they get to them.

The key to the aoe tac is to MOVE away from the adds as you aoeuse pets locks who were outside to target your aoe on. Watch paragon video.

All group up >> start runing >> seads spwn >>> stack up >>> priest aoe hunters / locks pet >>pre cast aoe >> adds spawn raid moves back >> DK AMS and HB while running back, everyone moves while demo locks aoe and run back. adds die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Most people who fail on the Aoe is becuase they do not move back, they stay and hope the adds die before they get to them.

The key to the aoe tac is to MOVE away from the adds as you aoeuse pets locks who were outside to target your aoe on. Watch paragon video.

All group up >> start runing >> seads spwn >>> stack up >>> priest aoe hunters / locks pet >>pre cast aoe >> adds spawn raid moves back >> DK AMS and HB while running back, everyone moves while demo locks aoe and run back. adds die.
    Yes, you should just keep practicing the move and AoE tactic. Me and my guild wiped a lot practicing it too, but once it works out it's simply the best strategy there is.

Deleted
    in 10man we 2heal with me (disc priest) and a resto druid. our ranged AoE is an MM hunter / boomy and Spriest and to a limited extent frost DK

what we find invaluable is the resto druid dropping all his mushrooms on the spawn point and i can channel 2 x mind sears in the travel time.

sometimes the best form of defence is offence, by killing them before they hit us we dont have to heal anything up = win

Mod Edit - Infracted
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2016-08-21 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Not even trolling, but is it really acceptable for people that haven't killed the encounter to be insulting one another?

In all seriousness. Just do the AoE strategy. It's the most effective when it comes down to it. If you lack in dps it has to do with mechanical problems (not pre-casting properly, moving too far from seed spawns being unable to get a global or two off before having to move etc.) rather than simply lack of classes. The boss has been nerfed to the ground. I'd suggest picking a strategy and just sticking with it, and fine tuning it rather than changing each pull.

Don't move too far from the seeds. There's no reason to move all the way to the other side. You want to position yourself far enough awayfrom the seeds to mitigate as much as the explosion as possible while still being able to get off one or two globals prior to having to move away from them. I promise you with that much AoE the stack strategy is absolutely do-able. It's just a matter of fine tuning to get the most out of your AoE.
    oh i know, i'm just saying our aoe is that bad. we have to move because they're still alive. i even linked a video of a guild using stack strat killing them without even moving post-nerf and they're like nope, guilds still run. so we go from the right side, to barely left of the middle, aoe, run when they start getting close, and repeat. assuming people didn't die to world in flames or derp when the hammer comes.

Deleted
    I dont know how most guilds are progressing but when we was we found using BL at the pull helped alot, we only got 1 extra trap for p2 but we got to train p2 alot faster with the early BL, as if im right p1-2 is like 3-4mins and with BL its around 3.

The faster you get to p2 to work on it the better, once you get p2 under control save BL for p3. leave an add up in p3 and finish it off when p4 starts.

Make sure your locks spawn their seeds outside and just have them tank the 19 other seeds :P

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Wraith EU Sargeras. Not really individual tactic, but quite close.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...