Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of reminds me of the artifacts in Rift, though it sounds like the character impact is going to be bigger. I will collect as I level, pickup what i missed once Im maxed.

Ahh the rich lore is overwhelming before I even play.

I'll try to find them while I level (as others said), but if I can't .. I'll come back, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think with Datacrons, I'll probably go with the flow of my guild. I'd like there to be a "discovery" feeling... kind of like when we were looking for holocrons in SWG. It's nice to get that nice shock when you stumble upon something cool.

We'll see, though. Depends on the effect that they have.

I'll be picking them up when I can while leveling. Once I reach max level I'll venture out again to try and pick up ones I missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be picking them up after I hit max lvl, and keeping track of the ones that I've aleady collected just by chance so I don't waste my time!
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

I'll snag all of the ones that apply to my SI, because I love free ability boosts

I also think that people will eventually find out where datacrons are on neutral/open world pvp planets and try to fight that spot. Personally I think this is an added bonus on open world pvp planets.
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-10-24 at 01:10 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

The Codex is going to be amazing, it would be nice if there was a released video on the codex too. 100k+ words ...

I sort of wonder how long it took a (team?) group of people to collect that info and incorporate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Codex? What is that exactly? Unless its under DNA, then just PM me where you hear it Karteli. <3

10+ Year Old Account

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Spider-Trolls!! XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    Codex? What is that exactly? Unless its under DNA, then just PM me where you hear it Karteli. <3
    I guess you missed the video explaining it on the first post? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I did ;-; I skim too much, that and a sinus headache makes for fun times.

Please

Don't use non-native English speakers for a video you intend to have a mass audience. Her cadence and lack of sophistication with big words was stilting and choppy, and difficult to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Don't use non-native English speakers for a video you intend to have a mass audience. Her cadence and lack of sophistication with big words was stilting and choppy, and difficult to listen to.
    I thought it sounded unique and exotic. Quite pleasant to listen to. (excellent voice btw)

It's a fan made video, why pick on someone who made the video as part of their hobby?

personally im going to collect them while leveling so I can find them all by 50.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    There are many famous and popular non-native English speakers in the modern world today, both on TV and YouTube. Examples include FPSRussia, who features a strong Russian accent. Not everyone is so hard of hearing, and judgemental, thankfully. The idea that unless you're English you can't (or shouldn't) be able to speak over a video is dated to say the least. I'd also point out that there is no point in the video where her English was not correct or proper. Accents are accents.

Also, thanks Karteli for the kind words <3

Relating to datacrons, Larry Everett of Massively gave a beta review / reveal of TOR, including some information about datacrons, exploration, and how they are found. One location that is talked about is somewhat of a spoiler but gives some insight to what players would be doing. I like the idea.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/the-republic-62-beta-reveals/

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I am quite tempted to treat SWTOR differently than I do WoW. As in:

With WoW, I read up on everything. I find out things beforehand, like what's coming in a new patch or the best place to farm a certain item (or how to get it in the first place). This means there's no surprises for me. I've missed the surprise factor of gaming, not knowing what to expect.

SWTOR... Sure, I've read up on some stuff. I knew what Datacrons were. But am I going to find a guide on where to find them all? I'm thinking I'll try to avoid any sort of guide and just figure it out for myself. I'm not planning on getting into raiding or high end PvP, so I can probably afford to take it at my own pace, exploring all this stuff and figuring it all out for myself.

Hopefully I'll get some of the surprises back that I've missed so dearly in WoW. I mean, I like being a 'master' of WoW, but I have missed that feeling of being completely new and lost in this gigantic world (Universe, even). I hope to get that back in SWTOR.
    I feel similarly to you. I miss the expansiveness that WoW was when I first started. It was huge, and I had no clue what I was gonna find.

I expect to grab the datacrons and what not as I find them, but I don't think I'm going to research them too much. I'm looking forward to exploring the galaxy, learning the lore, and just having fun with the game.

Maybe when I hit level 50, and so do guildies I'll go for endgame content or for some of the more intricate campaigns. But the Datacrons and related are to be found as I come across them, I don't think I'll search them out until I've played for sometime.

BTW, I like the video, nicely done.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they add more stuff like the Datacrons but with less impact on player power and more as collectibles, just like Rifts artifacts. If you get all artifacts in that game, holy shit! Anyway, I have absolutely no problem with Datacrons affecting player power, as long as it's a non-issue getting them all. It will just be one of those "collect all in an hour or two when max level using a guide and then forget about it". That's not collectibles, that's just running around the world getting them all, not by choice since it affects player power and it'll be expected you got them all for high-end raiding guilds. I really wish they add something like the artifacts in Rift. It's an incredible system for vanity.

Loved the video btw, keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Khanjin; 2011-10-31 at 08:05 AM.