<Insert Generic Starting up again Rift thread title>

Hi Folks!

As with the majority of the posts I've seen, I am starting up Rift again as a stop gap till Guild Wars 2

I played earlier in the year and was a Necro/Warlock (though didn't really know what I was doing in regards to Souls) and was wondering what class I should consider re-rolling. How is Rogue dps at 50 and in pvp? Trying to find different discussions for each class but it's difficult.
    basically, Just looking for some posts about peoples experiences with the different classes. Cheers, Johi
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, Rogue is the flavour of the month.
    That should say something about their damage, both in pve and pvp.
    Haven't done any high-end pve content, so dunno if they've passed warriors in dps, probably now.
    If you don't know what you want to do i'd say go Cleric, they can basickly do it all to a degree, some they are better at (healing, support healing) , some they are less good at (high-end dps).

Ah yes, FOTM lol. Of course they are :_:. I do kinda feel like something melee and stabby stabby, mainly because I played ranged dps in WoW since pretty much vanilla (minus my DK and pvp warrior)

Ah cleric, can that melee? or is it purely ranged and healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    Ah yes, FOTM lol. Of course they are :_:. I do kinda feel like something melee and stabby stabby, mainly because I played ranged dps in WoW since pretty much vanilla (minus my DK and pvp warrior)

Ah cleric, can that melee? or is it purely ranged and healing?
    Check this out for Cleric dps

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tor-1-5-a.html

or

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ide-1-5-a.html

Thank you sir!

Still thinking rogue though, not because its the FOTM, but because I feel stabby stabby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    Thank you sir!

Still thinking rogue though, not because its the FOTM, but because I feel stabby stabby
    Rogue is good. Much fun, many playstyle options. I'm loving it

I would say, rogues aren't bad, and apparently they aren't up to Warriors standards of DPS yet, but they are catching up (which is causing a lot of warriors to get annoyed)

Note that Rogues best dps atm is pushed out by thier Marksman spec - so ranged. So no stabby.

Every class is very diverse though - Warriors the least, then Mages, Rogues, and Clerics, (in order of least to most diverse). Warriors can do melee dps and tanking, both very well, as well as support from Beastmaster and Warlord specs (if i remember right). Mages can do ranged dps, support healing, main healing (in the same spec though, so it counts as one. Mage healing is way too good at single target healing i think, but hey), and support. Rogues can do melee dps, ranged dps, tanking, support, and support healing (the last two in the same spec though) and Clerics can do melee dps, ranged dps, main healing, support healing (depends how you look at it. Support healing, ie, raid healing, is more distinct from one target healing in this game), and tanking. Not so much pure support.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I've gone assasination/riftstalker/bladedance. Enjoying it thoroughly, though only level 15 currently, kinda reminds me of shadowstep rogue though from wow.

still fun fun, prob have a tanking offspec whenever i unlock a secondary soul tree

Thanks for the input folks <3