Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Citys in The Old Republic?

I understand that there will be Coruscant for the Republic, and Dromund Kaas for the Empire,

But what was the neutral city, somewhere in Hutta? (Sorry guys, my Star Wars lore is TERRIBLE)

So basically, i wan to know the main 'hubs' of the world.

Nar Shadaa is the neutral Hut type underworld city

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    Nar Shadaa is the neutral Hut type underworld city
    'Neutral' is a stretch. Only one area of Nar'Shadaa is a sanctuary, the rest is one big FFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    'Neutral' is a stretch. Only one area of Nar'Shadaa is a sanctuary, the rest is one big FFA.
    Which makes more realistic sense. You can't have both factions in the one city and not expect something to happen. As much as I loved Shattrath, it just was bland because there was no communication with the other faction at all.

Deleted
    Hell yeh can't wait, PvP servers ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    Glorious battle and world PvP will return! It almost makes me want to roll on a PvP server. I'llprobably have a toon on one anyway!
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    World PVP is overrated.

Most of the time it's just ganking. Real world pvp rarely happens.

Anywhoooo... Nar Shadaa should be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    World PVP is overrated.

Most of the time it's just ganking. Real world pvp rarely happens.

In WoW sure, do we have even the slightest clue whether it'll end up this way in TOR? Not yet, from what I've heard there are some rather large PvP areas on level 50 planets where world PvP in definitely encouraged. Hopefully this is the case :P
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    In WoW sure, do we have even the slightest clue whether it'll end up this way in TOR? Not yet, from what I've heard there are some rather large PvP areas on level 50 planets where world PvP in definitely encouraged. Hopefully this is the case :P
    There will all ways be those people who enjoy repeat killing of low lvl characters.

The problem here is that there's bound to be a ginormous sith population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    There will all ways be those people who enjoy repeat killing of low lvl characters.
    Well yeah there's always going to be those kinds of people. To be honest I actually enjoyed leveling through STV on a PvP server (and this was true even in Wrath) running and dodging level 80 killing machines.

But the issue of his I was calling flawed was how he just took how world PvP in WoW is right now and straight transplanted it over to SWTOR. Note his usage of present tense versus future tense. We know world PvP is basically just cheap ganking in WoW at the moment, but we shouldn't assume that it's going to be the exact same way in TOR when it launches.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Deleted
    This one sentence has finally made me excited for swtor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KamekaziKoala View Post
    I understand that there will be Coruscant for the Republic, and Dromund Kaas for the Empire,

But what was the neutral city, somewhere in Hutta? (Sorry guys, my Star Wars lore is TERRIBLE)

So basically, i wan to know the main 'hubs' of the world.
    There is a killer galaxy map on the SWTOR site http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/galaxy-map that will give you an idea of the planets. You can cross reference for famous cities to get an idea, but Im sure it falls under NDA at this time so no one can tell you for sure.

Deleted
    Chill out, well going in depth. Hopefully it will be decent but I aint getting my hopes up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iusaset View Post
    Which makes more realistic sense. You can't have both factions in the one city and not expect something to happen. As much as I loved Shattrath, it just was bland because there was no communication with the other faction at all.
    As we understand it, without breaking NDA, it is very Manaan-like, the way Nar Shadaa is run, that is.

More reasons to roll on pvp servers
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The problem here is that there's bound to be a ginormous sith population.
    I think many people underestimate how many players will be going jedi, just because a poll on a website has the empire in the lead, doesn't mean it'll be true in the game. Most people tend to pick the good guys.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    As we understand it, without breaking NDA, it is very Manaan-like, the way Nar Shadaa is run, that is.
    It's run by a bunch of fish people who can't make up their minds what side they're on? I feel better already.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I think World PvP will do well in this game is that I have heard BW repeadtedly state that they plan on having enticing rewards for all PvP styles which means world PvP is a viable gearing/playing style. You won't feel like you're wasting your time by not participating in bgs.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Most "so called" Bad-asses, and those that wish to be considered so, will be rolling Sith,

Those that opt to avoid all of those people may Republic by default......... ha ha

(is playing Evil that worth it?, it's your call at this stage)

:P