Poll: which enchant

windwalk vs mending after block cap for paladin

which is better? and why

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Deleted
    windwalk converts blocks into dodges.

mending heals you for less then a seal of insight proc.

stick with windwalk upping dodge/parry after we ge to ctc is what you do why would you want to lower your dodge chance for 1/3rd of the fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Windwalk, mate.

Windwalk, because mending's heal is insignificant. It would be far better to convert some of those blocks into dodges, than to have a small heal occur randomly and normally when you don't need it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

EDIT: I quoted an edited post ftl...
    Last edited by anthell; 2011-10-12 at 12:13 PM.

Landslide for the deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    .... i take that as a joke
    if you dont like the answer, why ask the question?

the poll result shows you what you obviously dont want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    if you dont like the answer, why ask the question?

the poll result shows you what you obviously dont want to hear.
    he edited his post... he orginally said "landslide for ret". I somehow quoted his edited post o.o...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's shuffle this one on over to the paladin forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    windwalk converts blocks into dodges. mending heals you for less then a seal of insight proc. stick with windwalk upping dodge/parry after we ge to ctc is what you do why would you want to lower your dodge chance for 1/3rd of the fight.
    This.

People have a bad habit of going "Welp, I'm CTC, guess I can stack <insert preferred stat, usually it is stamina> now!". While this is technically true, it isn't necessarily optimal. Blocking an attack means you take less damage, sure, but you are still taking damage. Once you are CTC, consider moving some of that Block into Dodge or Parry, because when you Dodge or Parry an attack, you aren't taking any damage at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    To compound on the benefits of Windwalk, don't forget the movement speed buff as well. As far as I can tell, it stacks with PoJ and the movement speed enchant to boots.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    why not just go landslide for more dps if u dont want more mitigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This.

People have a bad habit of going "Welp, I'm CTC, guess I can stack <insert preferred stat, usually it is stamina> now!". While this is technically true, it isn't necessarily optimal. Blocking an attack means you take less damage, sure, but you are still taking damage. Once you are CTC, consider moving some of that Block into Dodge or Parry, because when you Dodge or Parry an attack, you aren't taking any damage at all.
    Sort of. TDR (or total damage reduction), was a really useful thing to have at the start of cataclysm, when healer mana was considerably more finite than it is right now. Sure move mastery into dodge/parry, but going for a stamina focus via gemming is usually a better option, especially when we're already taking a lot less damage than all other tanks from direct hits.

@OP, Windwalk is the best bet. Despite what I've just said, mending has a terrible procrate (low ppm), and doesn't scale with anything besides +% healing (wings/divinity). This basically means you're going to get 1k health every 10sec or so (if I remember right), vs an enchant which gives movement speed that stacks with everything (exceptionally useful), and an average of 0.86% dodge.

Early in Cata, mending was actually quite nice because it backed up healers when tanks would take more frequent large hits due to lack of CTC. This is no longer the case for 2 reasons. Most raiding tanks (FL geared ones) are able to hit CTC within about 5% or so, meaning they (almost) never take unmitigated hits. This means healers don't usually need that extra little bit to help them out. Secondly, Mending decreases in effective value as healers and tanks get better gear. Since it is a fixed heal value, it will be devalued as you get more and more stam as a percentage of total health. Also, as healer SP increases, Mending will be a smaller and smaller heal compared to their healing spells.

Meanwhile, windwalk will continue to give a percentage increase to dodge which will briefly increase avoidance (fully avoided hits), as a fraction of CTC. While you block less with windwalk active, you will fully avoid more hits, meaning significantly less melee damage for its duration.

Move Speed buff is king even if you forget about the whole Dodges are better then Block thing. I hate Phase 2 Ragneros when you get caught in the exploding platform and have to move 'cause of seeds. So yeah. Windwalk all the way but I'm still a believer of the good enchants only for gear that will be useful for longer then 15 minutes.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Early in Cata, mending was actually quite nice because it backed up healers when tanks would take more frequent large hits due to lack of CTC.
    Mending was only "nice" because of the cost of the enchant. Blade ward is, has, and will be a better enchant.