Deleted

Can't remove this cable!

So I'm trying to take out my Optical Drive from my old computer and there's a cable connected to the power supply that I just can't remove. There's no pushy thingys or anything. It's just stuck there. Here's a picture of it. How the hell do I remove this cable?

Give up before you start. It's incompatible with most Sandy Bridge motherboards.

Deleted
    Damnit! Now I have to actually buy a Optical drive.. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Damnit! Now I have to actually buy a Optical drive.. >.>
    It's ok. A DVD-RW drive costs all of €20 these days. Probably even less.

Honestly, I only have 1 optical drive between 4 machines. I just don't need them anymore. Install Windows from a USB stick and just download everything else that I need. Keep backups of the big stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol is that a dell? just curious. and yea just get another $20 drive, or go for a $56 bluray drive.

Do you have an 8 GB memory stick and some patience? 'cause if you do I'd recommend picking up the Windows 7 ISO of your choice and using Microsoft's tool to mount the ISO on the stick.

After that, use the memory stick as boot device and install Windows.

Deleted
    I do have a 16GB USB flash drive and I made a thread because I couldn't make the usb drive bootable and noone could help me.

I do have a 16GB USB flash drive and I made a thread because I couldn't make the usb drive bootable and noone could help me.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd535816.aspx

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

Sorry. I've been unable to respond for like two weeks due to, err, unwilling absence. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    lol is that a dell? just curious. and yea just get another $20 drive, or go for a $56 bluray drive.
    Nope. It's actually a HP from 2004!

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 08:46 PM ----------

My Flash Drive isnt showing up on LIST DISK....

Nope. It's actually a HP from 2004!

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 08:46 PM ----------

My Flash Drive isnt showing up on LIST DISK....
    That's unusual. Mind taking a screenshot when you perform LIST DISK?

Nevermind. Apparently XP's Diskpart utility doesn't recognise flash drives. I'd send you the one from my installation of Windows but it's 64 bit. Any Diskpart from Vista or W7 32 bit should work, if you can get your hands on them. Or you could try it from a friend's computer which has Vista or W7 installed.
    Last edited by redmund; 2011-10-12 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    That's unusual. Mind taking a screenshot when you perform LIST DISK?

Nevermind. Apparently XP's Diskpart utility doesn't recognise flash drives. I'd send you the one from my installation of Windows but it's 64 bit. Any Diskpart from Vista or W7 32 bit should work, if you can get your hands on them. Or you could try it from a friend's computer which has Vista or W7 installed.
    I'm gonna be installing 64 bit on the new computer.

So I'm trying to take out my Optical Drive from my old computer and there's a cable connected to the power supply that I just can't remove. There's no pushy thingys or anything. It's just stuck there. Here's a picture of it. How the hell do I remove this cable?
    Pull like your life depends on it Some shaking helps too.

Can I just say; lol, IDE.

If you do want to remove it, take out the IDE cable first. Then grasp the plug between thumb and forefinger, gripping the tab on each side, and rock the connector gently left and right as you pull it out. Increase force as necessary, just make sure you're well braced so that you don't slip on that old case and slice your arm open or something.

Has happened, isn't pretty when it's razor-sharp steel that's almost serrated.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7