Elementium Ingot drops bugged?

I was in BWL earlier farming some transmogging stuff and we got a couple of Elementium Ingots dropping as usual. I won one and a friend of mine won the other. Neither got them in their bags though so we went back to find the body and loot. No such luck, they didn't exist at all. Odd we both thought but kept on going.

Afterwards I made a GM ticket about it, hoping to get it that way and this is the answer that I got:

I have never heard about that before so that is why I ask you guys, is this GM right or did he just go with a quick excuse so he wouldn't have to do anything?
    As far as I know every technician in BWL has a chance to drop an ingot.

It's always been like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes this is intentional. See it like this, if they didn't have it like so then you could wait for soft reset to farm the goblins indefinetly. There are around 62 goblins normally in the instance which is why they set that number. If you did it from a new save then yes, it is a bug.

I got all the ingots I needed in 2 weeks of doing BWL. 5 the first week, 5 the second week. It's not like it's *that* inconvenient, it just means you can't make a legendary in one week, which is probably as it should be.

No, this was the first and only run. Waiting for my friend to make his ticket and see if that helps. It's only an ingot so it's no big deal, just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    My two friends and I, run this every week for transmog gear as well. The past 3 runs have given us 6 ingots, 2 of which never made it into my bags, and it's happened twice. When I opened a ticket I told them about it, and they've sent me any ingots that were'nt rewarded, so you may have just gotten a lazy GM haha. I also included a screenshot of the winning roll, but it wasn't followed by the "Madriel recieves Elementium Ingot", idk if that helped my cause or not though.

This happens to me every week. I 2-man the zone with a pally friend. Every single time, I've had my ingots granted to me by opening a GM ticket and telling them that I rolled on the item, but it did not appear in my bags after I won. Brand new instance. (Setting the loot on free-for-all will eliminate the issue.)

By the way. It is not even possible to soft reset and continue farming these goblins. Once you kill them, they're gone for good. So the GM was probably feeding you a complete line of BS. I've had this bug happen within the first ~40 goblins killed in the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madriel View Post
    My two friends and I, run this every week for transmog gear as well. The past 3 runs have given us 6 ingots, 2 of which never made it into my bags, and it's happened twice. When I opened a ticket I told them about it, and they've sent me any ingots that were'nt rewarded, so you may have just gotten a lazy GM haha. I also included a screenshot of the winning roll, but it wasn't followed by the "Madriel recieves Elementium Ingot", idk if that helped my cause or not though.
    Yeah that happened to me before (too many times to count) and reported the issue. Got the ingots restored, but still not fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

The ingots are bugged for me in a different way. I've run it on two toons every week for the past 7 weeks and none have dropped ;-;

i had a friend yell at me for like 30mins once about how i rolled on the ore he needed and it never showed up in my bag and "it wouldnt have happened if you just passed"

either way i ticketed a GM and he mailed me it

i did not add any screenshots

I have all the mats ready for like 4-5 years :P BLIZZ GIVE ME BINDINGS PLEASE!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    I have all the mats ready for like 4-5 years :P BLIZZ GIVE ME BINDINGS PLEASE!! :P
    ive had 6 geddon, 0 garr when i actually tried farming them

before i cared about them, back in wotlk my 5-6 man rep farm group got 6 bindings in 4 weeks (2 runs where both dropped)
    Last edited by Cow; 2011-10-13 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Try getting them now, on my server at least the bindings are currently dropping every other run. In one week, we got two Eye of Sulfuras, four bindings, three glaives and one Thori'dal. And it has continued, legendaries drop like mad right now.

but u cant transmog.. Items into legendary items.. and u cant transmong legendary into items.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    but u cant transmog.. Items into legendary items.. and u cant transmong legendary into items.
    This has nothing to do with the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I do not see how that has to do with anything but it's good that you inform people of this so those who does not know about it will.

This happens to me occasionally, Every time I've contacted a GM they've given it to me, Although I've had completely useless GM's aplenty in the past... make another ticket, and hope for a new GM

Quote Originally Posted by Madriel View Post
    Assuming he was posting this about trying to build the legendary to transmog.. instead of just BWL gear.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.