Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denalian View Post
    Statistics seem faulty to me. These statistics say only 99 characters had killed Heroic Ragnaros by August 9th, while in truth even before August more than 100 characters had killed it (5 guilds).
    Also says that it's only a 2.7mil sample.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdontroll View Post
    normal clears was beginning to flatten out but then the nerf kicked in... it was already easy before the nerf so it just shows how bad the playerbase are at the game
    Or that a large part of the playerbase consider real life more important than the game, and thus have rotating rosters and shorter raid schedules (our raid is 2 hours 15 minutes, 3 times a week). Or maybe that quite a few of the mechanics are brutal when the entire raid has 250ms+ lag times. But that's OK, you go back to being elitist and the rest of us will go back to having fun.

ETA: We were one of those guilds that cleared Ragnaros in the first week post-nerf. It was actually a little irritating, because we were just getting a handle on the mechanics when he got nerfed and suddenly all of Firelands got stupid-easy. Alysrazor was particularly sad, they over-nerfed the fire whirlwinds. On the bright side, we're actually getting to do heroic modes this tier and we think we'll have Shannox down next week.

Tbh Normal should be for the casuals and so nerfing and such if need be is fine but for Heroics.. it should be hard and don't bother with the nerfs and just leave it challenging.. Blizzard wants to allow everyone to see all the content and you can do that with Normal's

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    To be fair many of those characters could be alts that aren't used for raiding.

When the DB is out of maintenance mode tomorrow maybe I can pull together some more stats that will give you an idea of what percent of people that have downed a boss this expansion and played in the last month are able to clear Firelands.
    Even if you focus the statistics down quite a bit I believe this is quite a sad state of affairs. With all the ease of content changes both in the raid game and in the game as a whole, I would have hoped to see at least a much higher number here. In general the knowledge that there is only 2.7million North American WoW player characters is disturbingly against what we are led to believe that are the current subscriber base of the game. If only have of those characters are alts we see a much smaller NA population than expected. Add in the fact that a good number of players now have 2-5 85s (me I have 7) and that dwindles that number more.

If we could see more in depth numbers of not how many people have killed Ragnaros on either difficulty, but how many have killed each boss since the nerfs.

Overall, id like to know how many players have logged in within the last 30 days and killed the majority of Firelands AND how many players who killed some things in firelands 2 months ago, havent logged in in the last 30 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks75 View Post
    Why would you play a game where the sole purpose of and the selling points are to make your character more powerful to take on even more powerful foes?

"Yeah, Blizzard. Hi. Us bads only want to play our character up to a certain point, and then complain and cry on forums, cause we honestly aren't smart enough to figure out simple mechanics of moving our characters left or right during encounters and staying out of fire, so when you make raid encounters, make them appear difficult and scary, but don't actually ya know make them hard, asking us to push four buttons and move left and right is too much and too stressful, and oh make legendaries drop off trash mobs, cause like we pay $15."
    The stats speak louder then any elitist words, and if somebody says some of those toons are alts, then damn obviously less people have actually been in firelands let alone killed a boss then the stats say. sure some people don't give a crap about raiding, these stats though are definitely the worse ever for wow. Blizz truly cares about money, which makes sense as a company who needs to pay employees, not like companies have volunteer/free services in their definition anywhere...

I would expect the next raid patches overall to be much easier for all raid tiers, unless Blizz DGAF. If so...only time will tell what happens to WoW. Elitist should probably get over themselves, but that will never happen now will it?

I completely disagree - the elitist players need content too, it's completely unfair for them to clear it all in a month and then have to wait another 5 months for the next tier. Normal modes could be a little easier than they were (but not as easy as they are now) but the top guilds need heroic mode to be what it is. Even if that means that they have to nerf heroics later.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaraxia View Post
    Or that a large part of the playerbase consider real life more important than the game, and thus have rotating rosters and shorter raid schedules (our raid is 2 hours 15 minutes, 3 times a week). Or maybe that quite a few of the mechanics are brutal when the entire raid has 250ms+ lag times. But that's OK, you go back to being elitist and the rest of us will go back to having fun.

ETA: We were one of those guilds that cleared Ragnaros in the first week post-nerf. It was actually a little irritating, because we were just getting a handle on the mechanics when he got nerfed and suddenly all of Firelands got stupid-easy. Alysrazor was particularly sad, they over-nerfed the fire whirlwinds. On the bright side, we're actually getting to do heroic modes this tier and we think we'll have Shannox down next week.
    Sorry I disagree, casual players playing ~6 hours a week like yours can easily clear normal mode before the nerf. Those that still havn't by then can't really use the excuse "Real life more important", they are simply bad at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Even if you focus the statistics down quite a bit I believe this is quite a sad state of affairs. With all the ease of content changes both in the raid game and in the game as a whole, I would have hoped to see at least a much higher number here. In general the knowledge that there is only 2.7million North American WoW player characters is disturbingly against what we are led to believe that are the current subscriber base of the game. If only have of those characters are alts we see a much smaller NA population than expected. Add in the fact that a good number of players now have 2-5 85s (me I have 7) and that dwindles that number more.

If we could see more in depth numbers of not how many people have killed Ragnaros on either difficulty, but how many have killed each boss since the nerfs.

Overall, id like to know how many players have logged in within the last 30 days and killed the majority of Firelands AND how many players who killed some things in firelands 2 months ago, havent logged in in the last 30 days.
    There are a lot more than 2.7 million level 85 characters. Another 2.6 million are in queue to be processed (combined US and EU) for at least 5 million. That is before the first pass is even done. I would imagine there are are least 6-7 million level 85 characters between the US and EU.

I'll see about putting together another set of stats that talks more to player activity and normal raid progression among actual raiders.

5 US guilds? Keep in mind it doesn't count EU guilds, and a lot of the top guilds (Paragon, Method, For the Horde) are EU.

fkn lol @ all the people that have cleared it saying everyone's bads.You cleared it, congrats for being super awesome, now let other less nerdy people have a chance to experience the content.Also go outside to, scrawny phaggots

Deleted
    Honestly, the lack of heroic rag kills are mostly an attendance issue. On my realm 1 guild has killed heroic rag but about 10 are at 6/7. Every single guild is suffering from people quitting or just not showing up. And for heroic rag you need a stable group doing tries for a while.This has a lot to do with people being burned out or simply not having much to do in between raids.Please don't nerf him more though. My group would love to get him down eventually.. when we're not suffering from people on vacation or quitting the game.

Sp maybe 2,400 people out of 2.7 million actually got to see H Rag down? Wow, gg Blizz..

10+ Year Old Account
    So, as it stands, 0.088% of level 85 characters have killed Heroic Ragnaros. And 5.031.814....% of level 85 characters have killed Normal Ragnaros. If only you could make a pass for players that have at least 1/7, or 0/7. I know that's a ridiculous statement and would be mostly pointless, but I'd like to see how many players haven't even downed a boss. Inacessible raids are inaccessible. I'm expecting more nerfs or the Raid Finder being pushed before 4.3, as unlikely as that sounds.

Deleted
    Do tell me, for the love of God. Whats the point of having normal mode if everyone could run "nerfed" heroics? I for one am totally about removing normal and heroic, the game needs to go back to its roots - > TBC. Hard grind, 4 different tiers at the same time, attunement grinds, armor grinds (shadow ress), and remove this nonsense called heroics. Make the bosses semi hard, every last boss should carry a "key" to unlock content for the next tier and be hard as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Karapoyraz View Post
    2376 characters!! FFS That is awfull by all means and shows how retarded blizzard's currrent raiding policy. Give back ICC times at least people were having tons of fun back there!
    ICC was probably the most bland raid, because you were essentially full clearing it for a little less than a year.

And it's still the same case, Heroic Lich King was a much much harder boss than any other in there.

I don't understand why people are complaining that a low number of people have cleared all content, that's always been the case.

The amusing part of the statistics is it's even fewer "people" than you think. I know that Riggnaros (Death Knight Tank, Blood Legion) has at least 2 other toons clearing H Ragnaros every week. There's plenty more just like him that have 2+ characters on their account killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post
    Sorry I disagree, casual players playing ~6 hours a week like yours can easily clear normal mode before the nerf. Those that still havn't by then can't really use the excuse "Real life more important", they are simply bad at this game.

This is so true.

I'm a full time student, I work part time and has a decent social life, albeit I dont sleep that much.

So I get about 7h of WoW per week (2 raid sessions of 3h and around 1h per week of getting my things ready for raiding)

Pre nerfs our guild was working on Normal Mode Ragnaros at a pretty casual speed, on Wed we'd clear all but rag and had sundays exclusively on Rag (nerfs hit at our 4th week of tries)

Since the nerfs we can farm normal FL in about 2h so we did some heroic T11 to get some BiS for our group.

Anyway, we've been doing one new heroic boss per week since that. (raided tonight and we are 3/7 Heroic (Shannox, Ryolith and just got Domo)

We never got past Heroic Halfus in T11 and now we're making a decent-paced progression for a casual raiding guild. I know they nerfed Damage and Health on all encounters, but still the mechanics to follow are the same as they were. With the numbers nerfed we can make a steady progression. So the mechanics aren't that hard.

People are just terrible at this game if they can't dodge Majordomo's cat leap or dispatch Rageface correctly in an Crystal Trap. The whole patch 4.0 'heroic dungeons are too hard qq' proved that the player base sucks. Raids can't get easier than heroic dungeons, that would be pretty dumb eh?

Learning curve is clearly out of proportion, the normal heroics are harder than the Zandalari heroics. The mechanics of the Zandalaari heroics are simplistic by nature. After you gear your character in ZA/ZG and farm out a couple of pieces of valor gear and get you full epic justice gear and step into a raid with only knowledge of mechanics from Zandalaari heroics, you're going to experience alot of trouble(with only 5% of the sample population being able to clear it). Then going from normal to heroic firelands you're looking at a 98% drop in people being able to clear the content(0.08% of the sample population).

MMOs that cater solely to the hardcore faceplant monthly. I'm disappointed Blizzard wasn't able to learn from their mistakes while simultaneously cannibalizing them.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-10-13 at 06:47 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Sp maybe 2,400 people out of 2.7 million actually got to see H Rag down? Wow, gg Blizz..
    Because their intention is to let all players see/kill HM Rag/End bosses. Also to the "I haz a real life," http://www.bls.gov/news.release/atus.nr0.htm read the leisure activities portion, maybe you'll understand what I am getting at.

Either way talking about an end of an end tier boss and comparing #downed is a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2011-10-13 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ffcloud2000 View Post
    Tbh Normal should be for the casuals and so nerfing and such if need be is fine but for Heroics.. it should be hard and don't bother with the nerfs and just leave it challenging.. Blizzard wants to allow everyone to see all the content and you can do that with Normal's
    Have you even noticed that only 0.1% has kill Heroic Ragnaros now? I'd say that heroic then still is hard. Would like to see the statistics for other heroic boss kills. I think it's much lower than you'd expect by the number of complaints about how easy it is on these forums.