Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Just getting hacked.

First off i just dont know "HOW"

- no malware/software/keylogger shit on my machine
    - no one knowing my pass, no brother/sister/roommate, not too easy to guess

So i just checked my emails, my pass changed, i changed it, looked up arsenal and still had my gear on, logged in and had like 60s 70c.
    Opened a ticket, got kicked out of the game after 3 minutes, got another info email about my password being reset. (i did not do this)
    And now the Account Page is down.

Now its like 13 hours ago they first logged in it seems but still have access to my account....

E: blizzard now blocked everything
    E²: got auth, got stuff, now gonna raid - thanks for refuting my stupid theory
    Last edited by adnre; 2011-10-13 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    That you know of. But instead of posting threads here, get on the phone with Blizzard and figure it out. They'll be the most helpful for you to try and get your account situation right.

Deleted

looked up arsenal

wat

10char

Don't post just to state this.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-10-13 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    wat

10char
    Armory. Next time please use the two brain cells it takes to figure that out.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Call Blizzard customer support directly. It is much faster and more direct than email communication or tickets.

wat

10char
    He means the armory. Don't bother with a post if you need to add "10 char"

wat

10char
    The WoW armory. He was checking his character's gear.

OP: You need to contact Blizzard and let them know that your account is compromised. You need to format your hard drive and reinstall everything. You need to get an authenticator. If you aren't willing to get an authenticator, then you need to stop playing on any computers besides your own and you need to practice safer browsing behaviors.

Good luck.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

- no one knowing my pass, no brother/sister/roommate, not too easy to guess
    They can't just randomly 'hack' your account, it's been compromised in some way. There's either software on your computer that you aren't aware of, you logged into your account on a computer that did have bad software, or you've done something silly like use the same password for WoW that you used for your email. Once they get your email password, it's a short hop, skip and a jump to get into your WoW account and change things.

Get on the horn with Blizzard, buy an authenticator or get the free app, and you'll be fine. Oh, and be a little safer with your computer usage from now on.

Heh, I used to have fun with friend. He was using Firefox and he was saving his password/username ( before battle.net ) so I was changing it for fun, never took anything from account...

So if you are using firefox and saving pass/e-mail perhaps some1 used it to get access or if you are using some P2P progs an you shared folder where FF keeps logs, some1 can just download your log file and use it....

Deleted
    Idd, the only sensible thing to do is to phone Blizz, instead of wasting time here. Also change your e-mail password.

Get on the phone with Blizzard. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. They can and will help you.

Then, get an authenticator. Get the mobile one if you have a smartphone and object to paying money for a keyfob. But honestly, after watching my husband get hacked, $7 felt cheap for the added peace of mind.

wat

10char

Don't post just to state this.
    He was finding out their league position.

The fact you changed your password and they knew it, means ur computer is compromised, phone blizzard, tell them that any activity going on isnt u, find an uninfected computer, and change details to your email, wow and everything else important to you.

I would help you with the next step but I know others will do it for me and im lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    They can't just randomly 'hack' your account, it's been compromised in some way. There's either software on your computer that you aren't aware of, or you've done something silly like use the same password for WoW that you used for your email. Once they get your email password, it's a short hop, skip and a jump to get into your WoW account and change things.

Get on the horn with Blizzard, buy an authenticator or get the free app, and you'll be fine.
    *nods* I was hacked a couple years ago via my email I believe. Not that I used the same password, but they changed the password once they had access to my email (now thinking of it, maybe it was the same at the time...bah, regardless, they definitely had my gmail account info / password since the logs showed folks logged in from China IP addy). Had been meaning too get an authenticator for ages before that. Placed the order that day. Peace of mind was well worth the $6 I spent (well, $12, my wifes account as well). But free App is a good option as well.

Make sure to change your email password now as well. Heck, I even went so far as to create a brand new email account for my WOW account (using one of my open Road Runner slots, but you can use any free email site of course), that way they couldn't even attempt it anymore.

Edit: I also made the changes to all my account info, etc, using my wife's clean computer (didn't find any sort of virus, malware, anything at all on my computer, but ya never know, it could have been missed). And since I didn't find any virus to remove, I just wiped the hard drive clean and started from scratch to be safe. A pain in the behind, but was well worth the peace of mind as well, especially since I do a lot of online banking, etc, and didn't want anything else jeopardized.
    Last edited by crazyb; 2011-10-13 at 03:26 PM.

wat

10char
    wha?

You cant honestly tell me that you did know he ment to say "armory". I love it when people post for no other reason than just being a tool.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I think you'll better results here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/index...ategoryId=4271

if one antivirus program isn't finding it, try using other ones. I'm not well versed in what's out there (I use Kaspersky), but I know of Spybot Search and Destroy. That worked for me back before I went onto Kaspersky (picked up trojans that Avast didn't find).

Is there actually still people out there without Authenticator ? O_o

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    yeah cause if theres nothing on my computer, no one having my pass etc it must be their servers getting hacked why should i pay them for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

yeah cause if theres nothing on my computer, no one having my pass etc it must be their servers getting hacked why should i pay them for that?
    That's such faulty logic, I don't know where to begin. If Blizzard's 'servers were getting hacked' there'd be a mass outcry on their forums and here that everyone's account had been compromised, because they sure as hell wouldn't take just yours. Face it, you screwed up somewhere...now you have to fix it and make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Oh, and if you have a smartphone, the app is free.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a smartphone it is free. If you don't have a smartphone, you can use the dial-in for free. I think they where even giving away real authenticators for a while. There really is no excuse to not have one.

Also, emails get hacked even if you don't have anything on your PC. Use an email for you Bnet that you don't use for ANYTHING else to heighten your security.

because its cheap and will save you a ton of stress and unneeded drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Are there people out there who actually type their passward anyway? I don't have an authenticator, never been hacked. Can't keylog Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.