Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really hope that this doesnt bring affliction to a 'useless' state. It's my favorite spec and I'd hate to see it ditched just because Demo/Destro is a few thousand ahead now. (Assuming this brings a few thousand dps increase to Destro).

destro needs to get like 6k dps of buffs to compete with demo still so don't count your chickens be4 they hatch plus we don't know how gear will scale yet until we see the new BIS lists.

Pretty excited

Messing around with simcraft destro profile's damage profile to match the changes, I get about 7-8% increase - can't wait to see changes properly modelled in simc!

Might be just enough to push each spec into viable range - at least we can hope

Would still like to see some qol changes to affi, and spec based demonsoul, but overall pretty happy with the changes so far for demo/dest .

If I had to choose between fixing the demo-petswap or the possibility of doing progress as destro, I would surely choose the second one
    Lets just hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    I really hope that this doesnt bring affliction to a 'useless' state. It's my favorite spec and I'd hate to see it ditched just because Demo/Destro is a few thousand ahead now. (Assuming this brings a few thousand dps increase to Destro).
    It seems so stupid, Demo gets buffed so it doesn't fall behind, Destro gets buffed because it's allready behind, behind what? Affliction....which because of the buffs to the other 2 is now behind >.<

Stupid way of doing things, why did they not just keep Demo and Affli as the main specs and give Destro the ISF change? that alone would have taken away from the clunky feel of the spec and also increased damage a tiny bit cause of not having to use slow cast SF as often and mobility for the same reason. That would have meant for people that really want to play Destro that they would have had an easier time with it, wouldn't that have been enough, did it need this buff to stay competitive?

Only reasoning I could understand is if Destro was simming fine, but Blizz saw through their data that in-game, while being played, Destro was still lagging behind.

We'll have to wait for sim results to know what's what, but if the early math is correct and Affli is now as far behind as Destro WAS behind, I'm just going to be completely boggled at the blizz logic with nerfs and buffs

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 05:16 AM ----------

PTR started downloading for me, servers up maybe too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ator View Post
    I hate this changes...
    Now all the current "lovers" of affliction and demonology will roll destruction.
    From what I'm reading, they're all going to be close.

It will be a happy happy day if it's declared too close to call, play what you want. Especially for a pure class.

I won't be changing from demo any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright PTR back up, with changes

Found a working damage meter in Tiny DPS and even though it's completely random 5 min dummy bashing, in my Affli reforge, without execute, Destro does seem to be doing better than Affli, even in my rusty and not very good hands. Change to ISF is a blessing though, with some lucky procs you can indeed keep it up much, much easier now. Funny what 5 seconds can do. In the end though, when you DO have to slow cast SF it's still a speed bump, so not sure if I like Destor any better than I did. =/

So my eyeball test is that it's a good change, that may very well be an improvement on Affli damage, not sure about Demo though, couldn't do all three, and Demo reforge is too far off I think, at least Affli and Destro both favour Haste, maybe more after I have slept, cause I'm tired, but also not sleepy, but lacking in concentration too much I think. Keeping a straight priority was hard in even Affli, and I can dream Affli usually.

Currently Aff is at 36,5k dps

Demo at 37,7k dps (live, too hard to napkin math PTR changes)

Doing the raw increase without taking the
    buffed ISF duration into account I get;

Destro 37,1k dps

Can't say if destro will outscale demo in t13 or not.
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-10-14 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    O...M...G, for a laugh go look at the updated 4.3 SIMs on EJ.

Edit: Here, sorry I don't want you to waste any seconds to see this.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Warlock.html

Edit 2: Ok, these numbers aren't from the new build 14849. This is intentionally for giggles.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-10-14 at 04:50 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

That doesn't reflect the most recent round of updates to 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    O...M...G, for a laugh go look at the updated 4.3 SIMs on EJ.

Edit: Here, sorry I don't want you to waste any seconds to see this.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Warlock.html
    Huh? how in the world can that be? I thought this was what Destro was behind before, how can it not have gotten any closer? It seriously seemed to do better on the PTR from what I could see, very very strange

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 06:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    That doesn't reflect the most recent round of updates to 4.3
    Look at the time and date, it seem to be from after the new update, maybe a rare mistake by the guys at SimC?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried getting the edit over before anyone had a chance to reply. Sorry.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    I tried getting the edit over before anyone had a chance to reply. Sorry.
    Oh bah, why would they post such out of date info, I got all thinking I was crazy ( I am, but still, not THAT crazy)

Note to self, look at build model AND date and time next time >.<

It seems so stupid, Demo gets buffed so it doesn't fall behind, Destro gets buffed because it's allready behind, behind what? Affliction....which because of the buffs to the other 2 is now behind >.<
    Demo wasn't buffed per se. It was nerfed pretty hard because of the doomguard fix so other spots had to be buffed so the spec as a whole would remain in balance.

Is PTR up and testing how much Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire, Shadowburn and Incinerate hitting right now?

I'm very conservative and those buff numbers are not really great PVP-wise, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2011-10-14 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Please, use your brains. It's not because they "plan" to buff destro that affliction will sunk into the mud. Affliction was below demo in simc but in T12 content it's ahead all the time (source, use the menu to browse bosses). Simc is patchwerek, real life is real life.

Besides, they made balance changes for demo & desto, that doesn't mean they won't for affliction...

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    All right I'm gonna be the spoiled rich kid brat of the thread and say BOOOOOOOO! F*CK Destro buffs

I bet this means Affli is back to being in last place again like pre 4.1 when tier 11 was pretty much done and I'll have to spec freaking Destro again for 4.3 with Demo off-spec, which means I had a whole glorious 7-ish months to enjoy Affli between gigantic periods of Destro Überness

F. M. L.

WTB E.J. math and SimC results a.s.a.p.
    So you only want to play the spec that's theoretically highest? You should think before you say anything. Buffs to destruction don't magically nerf affliction. Affliction remains unchanged, therefore competitive. Quit whining, you're not forced to do anything you don't like.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-10-14 at 08:40 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Either they didn't change the tooltips or they didn't change Demo mastery at all... Not really noticing a difference from before the new PTR was deployed in damage either... Pretty confused. I was saying immediately after I saw the first Demo buffs, after my guildmates asked me (since I play demo and they thought I would be thrilled): "Jesus, they overshot that big time. Won't be surprised when they dial that back a notch or two", because it was way way overcompensating for fixing triple-dip DG mastery bug.

Anyway, destro is still a clown-spec so probably won't play that until it stops being silly. Between Aff and Demo I think I'll be in the lead for a while yet.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Last I checked Demo didn't get buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Last I checked Demo didn't get buffed.
    ô_õ Well then I guess you're just not paying attention.

Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of 20% and 2.5% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery.
    Original pre build 14849 compensation for fixing Doomguard bug.

They since dialed that down.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.