help choose 60-70 lock leveling spec

hi there,
    I managed to push my toon to outland and I need a bit of help:
    I was affliction throughout vanilla content but I was under the impression things werent dying as fast as they could, so now I am looking for two specs: one for fast pve disposal of mobs and another one for a noob pvp guy (always a pve player but i want to get honor for 70lvl pvp set)

can you help me out? should I stick to affli or is there a better way to do it? (assume full heirloom gear)

thanks for any help

edit: for pve I'm thinking something that will give me burst. with affliction I managed to do nice dps on bosses but most of the time I am killing low hp mobs so I need something that will low through them fast
    Last edited by hlx; 2011-10-16 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Demo for PvE and Affliction for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanvar View Post
    Demo for PvE and Affliction for PvP.
    thanks for that, and how is destro looking in that comparison (pve)?

I have a lock i've been leveling, he's at 65. Bout the same spot, I've been affliction for ever. It's still the best for straight up questing. I actually made a
    destro spec for 5 mans, More dps on trash and i still manage about 1200-1500 on bosses (full BTA gear etc) So it does pretty well.

Demo seems kinda weak at low levels. I know its a great pve spec at 85 and all but at our level theres no meta or felstorm or anything, It's a little bland.

I haven't leveled a lock from 60-70 since it was relevent content, but, to the best of my estimation, there is not a lot of change in the leveling power of the specs.

Affliction is the theortical fastest, being able to dot a bunch of mobs and just keep going. Can be fragile. Lends itself to a skilled player really trying to min/max the leveling experience.

Demonology not only wins in safety, but also extreme soloing. If you want to take out things over your level or elite quests while solo, demonology is easily the strongest. It's quick enough, but slower over all then affliction.

Destruction... yeah... I don't know. Talk to a destuctionist. Historically, it burned individual mobs quickly, but suffered downtimes and in the end worked out to take longer then affliction in total. That says nothing about how satisfying it may be. If you like to burn stuff quick and then sit, hell, it might be your paradise.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    Hi hix, im actualy in the same position as you, i ding'd 67 yesterday and have been switching between all 3 spec's since level 40
    here's what i've noticed about all 3 (by the way im in no way an expert with WL's i just started one a few days ago)

Demo: best spec for dungons i'm normaly top dps even with others 1 level higher than me the AoE is just so good, on bosses (single target) its good dps nothing to complain about, for questing i just dot and move on we can take the hit from a few mobs while we wait for them to die plus (burst) HoG and soulburn soulFire will kill any mob

Aff: In dungons the AoE is ok try to Dot any trash or even a boss up and it dies too quick for you to get any dps out of it i can see where it would be good in FL on 6-10min bosses but while leveling and bosses dieing in <30sec it doesnt do much, questing much the same as Demo dot up move on but no real burst like demo has

Destro: again AoE is fine not as good as demo but no bad either, before you get through your inital start up rotation (bane, soulburn/soulFire immolate, conflagrate, crouption ) the boss is dead again nothing to complain about but nothing great either. Questing i found this alot more single target killing as opposded to the multi dot and move on from the other specs

As you may have guessed from that i'd recommend demo in dungons what ever spec you have will make little difference to how fast you get through thats more up to your group but for soloing questing i think it has the edge

but hay i could be playing completely wrong here lol this is just from my experiance over the past few days and being around the same level you are hope it helps
    Last edited by mmoc2f4ee37ca2; 2011-10-17 at 05:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest you go Demo.

It's very very strong in dungeon trash and decent on bosses. Stuff dies so fast at that level-range that it's honestly not worth it to go Affliction.
    For questing it's pretty much Send Pet -> HoG -> Immolate -> Corruption -> Target next mob, DoTs will finnish off whatever is left on the 1st mob.
    Whenever Felstorm is up just multipull with Corruption and once the mobs get to you Felstorm + Hellfire and they die withing seconds.

I lvld my Warlock pretty recently. I tried both Destro and Demo at 60-70 and found out Demo was the best. Though Destro is quite viable as well. Theres not that much manaproblems and you pretty much own stuff in 2-3 globals.