Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was going to do some PTR testing this afternoon but the PTR client has decided to not load my character list.

Just so I understand correctly, that would mean there is a Demo nerf missing? (potentially)

These results indeed put mastery ever so slightly ahead of crit for Destro, as a scale factor.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    Just so I understand correctly, that would mean there is a Demo nerf missing? (potentially)

These results indeed put mastery ever so slightly ahead of crit for Destro, as a scale factor.
    Seems more is missing than just a possible Demo nerf.

Also: still paling in comparison to haste, though you probably want that info for what to reforge OUT of not in, so I get that you want to know.

I'm breathing a little easier now with this I can live with these numbers, with some minor shifts people have talked about that would put things even closer.
    This could be an amazing patch in our class balance. This could potentially mean bring the spec you love/need according to fight, and I'm now more curious about what spec will do well in what fight, as to what exactly the further sims will be

As a quick reminder with the new 4.3 (14849) sim results, the BiS profile for Affliction was updated to include H-VPLC whereas the BiS Destro profile has yet to have it's trinkets updated. So it's safe to say Aff/Destro specs are closer than they appear in the links above.

I swear if demo and destro dont get some dispel protection for immolate I'm going to be pissed. So far tho, I'm liking the changes for demo and destro. I doubt aff will see too much in the way of buffs as its the only viable spec for arena and its pretty strong in pve too.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    I swear if demo and destro dont get some dispel protection for immolate I'm going to be pissed. So far tho, I'm liking the changes for demo and destro. I doubt aff will see too much in the way of buffs as its the only viable spec for arena and its pretty strong in pve too.

it isn't needed for demo while immolate does nice damage for demo it's not required for anything else

destro on the other hand does need it the and i really can't see why they don't add it
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

ok, so destro still the worst spec. great job blizzard.

Ok i am confused as fudge (no potty mouth here). So the numbers i have right here http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Warlock.html. Demo:38619 Affliction: 36476 Destruction: 36463. so if i am to understand, some form of the demo nerf has not gone into effect yet and the burning embers buff has not gone into effect either. Or am i wrong? can some smarty smart pants come clarify what's happening? If these numbers are correct all i have to say is wow... doesnt get more balanced than that between destro/affliction (pve wise). 14 dps difference.

Edit: another thing that I know wasnt accounted for was tier 13 4 set bonus, which heavily favors destro from my understanding.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    so if it doesn't surpass the current two it's bad? with current changes they are closer together output wise thus making all 3 viable.

4.3 isn't even out yet. With that kind of snappy attitude you shouldn't expect Blizz to do anything for you at all.

Deleted
    OK guys, it's now up to date ! So Destro is better than Affliction , they are really close , that's quite good !
    go check :simulationcraft (can't post link until few post )

Also, arent those Patchwerk simulations, meaning no Havoc? That would push it up a fair bit on multitarget fights, if there are any of those in Dragon Soul.

Deleted
    I Think Destro will never be better than Aff on multi target Boss , it will be close in two target fight i guess, but not if more ! And this guys Jainzar doesn't have seen the last numbers :
    Demo : 38651
    Destr : 36980
    Afflic : 36517

Quote Originally Posted by Arthe View Post
    I Think Destro will never be better than Aff on multi target Boss , it will be close in two target fight i guess, but not if more ! And this guys Jainzar doesn't have seen the last numbers :
    Demo : 38651
    Destr : 36980
    Afflic : 36517
    If these are accurate this is good news! We have 3 competitive specs, extremely close to eachother, which we can rotate to our pleasure. Good times indeed
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    If these are accurate this is good news! We have 3 competitive specs, extremely close to eachother, which we can rotate to our pleasure. Good times indeed
    Demo being 1,5 - 2k in front of the 2 other speccs are not competetive, atleast not in my book. Between 200 dps of each other would be competetive.
    Despite me love destro the most I will stay demo : - (

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Demo being 1,5 - 2k in front of the 2 other speccs are not competetive, atleast not in my book. Between 200 dps of each other would be competetive.
    Despite me love destro the most I will stay demo : - (
    You have to take into account that Demo is heavily reliant on Doomguard (yes, even after the fix)*, plus gets punished the most from all 3 specs for not being able to be in melee range. So in reality (apart from Patchwerk fights), the gap between the three is gonna be much smaller.

*by this I mean mainly the ability to line up all procs for it perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    You have to take into account that Demo is heavily reliant on Doomguard (yes, even after the fix)*, plus gets punished the most from all 3 specs for not being able to be in melee range. So in reality (apart from Patchwerk fights), the gap between the three is gonna be much smaller.

*by this I mean mainly the ability to line up all procs for it perfectly
    And we also have to take into consideration that the shorter the fight is the better Demo is.
    And if the fight is just around 7 minutes duration Demo will also be a lot better due to being able to use a 2nd doomguard

Deleted
    :<<< I do not want Demo to be better than the other two like this. I would have to play it to compete with the bloody mages and I'd really rather not

I hope they even these out by the time patch comes to life. Or nerf the mages, pf

Deleted
    Yor'sahj looks like a nice fight for Destro, since you have the boss in the middle and you spend most of the fight killing other things, and there is movement.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    it isn't needed for demo while immolate does nice damage for demo it's not required for anything else

destro on the other hand does need it the and i really can't see why they don't add it
    You are very very wrong. Demo is highly reliant on immolate. First off, immolate is demo's best dot. If you have ever played demo in arena you would know how highly reliant on casted spells it is and with the amount of interrupts, silences, lockouts, stuns, cc's in this game dot damage and felguard end up doing a significant amount of your damage when trained (which is like all the time as you are zerg target #1 with only having portal on a relatively long cd you have absolutely no other ability to get away and the fact that meta forces you into melee range). Also there is a demo ability called "molten core" and your main nuke in incinerate is buffed by the pressence of immolate just like destro. Not to mention the talent points wasted and possibly glyphs you might use to buff immolate. Its not like immolate is an instant casted dot that you can just easily throw right back up. Saying immolate protection for demo "isn't needed" is a very poorly thought out statement imo.

PS Either dispel protection, or make immolate instant (maybe nerf the instant damage portion and buff the dot portion).

PS PS Glyph of Incinerate makes it able to be casted on the move.
    Last edited by Shamygandof; 2011-10-15 at 02:29 PM.