Thread: Glyph of Shadow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just makes you less see-through!
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Oh I did all the researches and even tried the glyph books when the PTR first went live, it wasn't there then. They must have pushed the glyph to learnable in a recent build

edit -- going into shadowform doesn't give you two buffs on the PTR anymore. Definitely a change in the most recent build.
    Same here. I believe it got put into yesterday's build. Which was the ones I was referring more so to saying it didn't exist.

Yeah we're not demon/evil casters, we're the shadow cast by the light, the yin to the healing priest's yang. Green fire is so far from our lore I would be very surprised if Blizz did it, and I definitely would not use it myself.

I like the option that the glyph provides but I personally love the pitch black silhouette effect and don't mind at all that gear isn't visible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsake View Post
    my god why can't druids get one these for furry fat chicken mode?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71259 works with boomkin form (for now). Its better than nothing.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    How anti-climatic! I was really looking forward to seeing this as well. :|

well... that was certainly not worth the anxious wait. Here's hoping it's a PH.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    How anti-climatic! I was really looking forward to seeing this as well. :|
    Glad I'm not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Edit: Added image

Hey that's me!

Here is a larger and higher quality image:

I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Hey that's me!

Here is a larger and higher quality image:

Looks a bit like Shadowform without the darkness, translucence and the particle density setting turned all the way down. I'd be interested in seeing a video of this, because currently I don't see the appeal of this over the default on/off toggle for the visual effect you get without the glyph on the PTR currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks75 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnYpZibtZs

Youtube video showing the effects.

As usual pretty lame and a big letdown of what it could possibly be.
    Ya just watch this to see it.. pictures arent really the same :P
    <3 Thanks Geekissexy for the sig <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say that I am really enjoying this glyph...
    Still going to take it up so my transmog gear will be easier to see.
    trololol didn't read

Didnt expect to much and for real its not really this big but its cool and i will use it cause more dark t6 version

Side note:
    Now I have 3 different forms to play as spriest: normal look, without shadow and with more visible shadow....pew pew
    Worgen spriest definatly have most transform options
    Im sorry for my bad english :P

NOO!O! its horrible... why are they turning us into Locks

It's about what I expected. The biggest complaint that I saw everywhere was that people couldn't see their gear or that they didn't like the one-dimensional purple (even if it was translucent) and so they changed both aspects for the people who wanted the changes. I appreciate that Blizzard actually listened to the spriest community and I do like what the glyph does since it doesn't remove the spriesty-ness. Won't be using the glyph though, I love my dark purple self too much xD

Warlocks got a new shadowbolt spell effect, we still throw little purple flames and we call it Mind blast

Quote Originally Posted by Dami View Post
    Warlocks got a new shadowbolt spell effect, we still throw little purple flames and we call it Mind blast
    They can only do so much at once.. and at least Mind Blast doesn't have travel time like Shadow Bolt... QQ
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Well... that was anticlimactic. One word shall sum this up. That word is lame.
    Here's to hoping it's a placeholder. /toast.
    Last edited by mmoc5927889c78; 2011-10-16 at 08:23 PM.

not to bad but not really what i expected

Deleted
    Hmm, pretty cool. Nothing spectacular, but I'll probably be using it. Will be nice to see my gear a little more.

I feel so...underwhelmed...

Well, I guess it's okay, I suppose. I always say variety is the spice of life...

...but I don't think I'd be using it all that much...

Ha, I'll stick to my shadowfiend glyph. Real spriests appreciate the classic shadowform. Who cares if other people can see your "cool" transmo gear?