Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    when in doubt, use the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary
    a : exertion of physical force so as to injure or abuse (as in warfare effecting illegal entry into a house) b : an instance of violent treatment or procedure
    : injury by or as if by distortion, infringement, or profanation : outrage
    a : intense, turbulent, or furious and often destructive action or force <the violence of the storm> b : vehement feeling or expression : fervor; also : an instance of such action or feeling c : a clashing or jarring quality : discordance
    : undue alteration (as of wording or sense in editing a text)
    See violence defined for English-language learners »
    See violence defined for kids »
    and let the argument rest now ^^
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    do you consider someone walking down the street and tripping violence?

I admit the beginning scene in episode 7 is violence. but the others are not.
    I'd still say they died violent deaths, I never thought of the term involving another person causing such violent death.

i need some good anime suggestion

so i just became a member of crunchy roll considering it is pretty cheap

there are alot of series there but i dont recognize 90% of them lol

anyone got good suggestions?

as far as my preferences

i enjoy anything with a good story

for instance im a big fan of the following

clannad
    code geass
    FMA brotherhood
    trigun
    outlaw star
    naruto

and dozens of others,

Umm I haven't seen a whole bunch myself, but I do love anime as well. Here are a few that aren't on what you listed.

D.Gray-Man
    One Piece
    Fairy Tail
    Rosario + Vampire
    Busou Renkin
    Full Metal Panic! (including Fumoffu and The Second Raid)
    Kekkaishi
    Soul Eater
    High School of the Dead
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Wolf's Rain
    Elemental Gelade
    Bleach

Hope some of these help you out. Not sure if any of them are your "dozens of others" since you didn't exactly list them I don't really know what exactly you have and haven't seen.

Time of Eve was actually pretty good.
    It's only 6 episodes but I thought the story was pretty intriguing since it deals with androids and their place in society.

• Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    • Samurai Champloo
    • Fate Stay Night
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Durarara!!
    • Eureka 7

Some comedy/slice of life animes
    • Gintama
    • School Rumble
    • GTO
    • The World Only God Knows

As poster said above, I also recommend
    • D.Gray-Man
    • One Piece
    • Fairy Tail
    • Full Metal Panic! (including Fumoffu and The Second Raid)
    • Soul Eater
    • High School of the Dead

Since you like allot of shows with battles I suggest the following....

Gundam
    Macross
    Super Robot Wars (story feels random sometimes but music/action scene's are good)
    Darker then Black
    Kamen Rider (not anime)
    Super Sentai (again not anime)
    Shakugan no Shana

Some comedy
    Ouran High School host club
    Working

Deleted
    The problem I have with Crunchyroll is that they often have to remove old episodes, like plenty of ongoing anime only has last month's episodes available and old anime is removed. Nevertheless, there's plenty of great shows on there and if you keep up to date you'll be able to see most shows.

Anime on Crunchyroll that I like/enjoyed:

• Fairy Tail
    • Bleach
    • Beelzebub
    • Eyeshield 21
    • Durarara!!
    • Gintama
    • Demon King Daimao

Other than those, I'd greatly recommend:

• One Piece
    • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    • Hajime no Ippo
    • Steins;Gate
    • Death Note

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

I have two requests if possible, something I can watch for myself, and then something I can watch with my husband. We have completely different tastes for the most part, and when we do watch something it's limited to 2-3 a night. So I need something in between!

I enjoy pretty much anything. Dislikes so far would be anything over the top, like High School of the Dead. Not sure if I can pin that on a certain genre though. Apparently I can't link anything yet, so my MAL name is Katagari. Sorry for the trouble =(

My husband likes Bleach, Naruto, Steins;Gate, Durarara, Gosick and the sort. Dislikes pretty much everything else on my list.

Thank you =)

Oh and no Clannad After Story. Haven't emotionally prepared myself for that one just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    so i just became a member of crunchy roll considering it is pretty cheap

there are alot of series there but i dont recognize 90% of them lol

anyone got good suggestions?

as far as my preferences

i enjoy anything with a good story

for instance im a big fan of the following

clannad
    code geass
    FMA brotherhood
    trigun
    outlaw star
    naruto

and dozens of others,
    If you like Code Geass, definitely check out Gundam and Death Note.
    The former has a LOT of material to watch if you want to start with the very first series, you'd be busy for months getting through it all.
    Also check out Fate/Stay and Fate/Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
    Hey all,

I have two requests if possible, something I can watch for myself, and then something I can watch with my husband. We have completely different tastes for the most part, and when we do watch something it's limited to 2-3 a night. So I need something in between!

I enjoy pretty much anything. Dislikes so far would be anything over the top, like High School of the Dead. Not sure if I can pin that on a certain genre though. Apparently I can't link anything yet, so my MAL name is Katagari. Sorry for the trouble =(

My husband likes Bleach, Naruto, Steins;Gate, Durarara, Gosick and the sort. Dislikes pretty much everything else on my list.

Thank you =)

Oh and no Clannad After Story. Haven't emotionally prepared myself for that one just yet...
    The anime you've listed are all pretty recent, so I'm not sure how long you've been watching anime.

So, here are some of my all time favorites:
    action/drama - Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Code Geass
    heartwarming - Natsumi Yuujinchou, Mushi-shi
    romance - Bokura ga Ita, Yourself/Myself
    short series/movies - Time of Eve, 5 Centimeters per Second, Girl who Lept Through Time, Cowboy Bebop the Movie.

other thing to note: I don't generally like horror, but I really like "Another." I'm recommending that to everyone I know.

Anyways, I am also looking for an anime recommendation. I've seen a lot of anime, probably too many to list, so I'm looking for something that came out in the last 2 seasons (summer 2011 and winter 2011).
    Of those 2 seasons, the only one's I've enjoyed and watched/am watching, are: Another, Nisemonogatari, Dantalian no Shoka
    I felt lukewarm about: Stein's gate, and season 3 of Natsume Yuujinchou

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    The anime you've listed are all pretty recent, so I'm not sure how long you've been watching anime.

So, here are some of my all time favorites:
    action/drama - Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Code Geass
    heartwarming - Natsumi Yuujinchou, Mushi-shi
    romance - Bokura ga Ita, Yourself/Myself
    short series/movies - Time of Eve, 5 Centimeters per Second, Girl who Lept Through Time, Cowboy Bebop the Movie.

other thing to note: I don't generally like horror, but I really like "Another." I'm recommending that to everyone I know.

Anyways, I am also looking for an anime recommendation. I've seen a lot of anime, probably too many to list, so I'm looking for something that came out in the last 2 seasons (summer 2011 and winter 2011).
    Of those 2 seasons, the only one's I've enjoyed and watched/am watching, are: Another, Nisemonogatari, Dantalian no Shoka
    I felt lukewarm about: Stein's gate, and season 3 of Natsume Yuujinchou
    Hmm could you tell me what you liked about those shows. Been slowing down on my aired series lately so have yet to see those. But if i knew WHAT you liked about them and didn't about Steins Gate I'm sure i could help. Oh and try using myanimelist.net to track your series. Just click my sig it'll take you to my account on the site and you can see what i mean. Makes recommendations ALOT easier especially when using ratings.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2012-03-13 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Glitched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmm could you tell me what you liked about those shows. Been slowing down on my aired series lately so have yet to see those. But if i knew WHAT you liked about them and didn't about Steins Gate I'm sure i could help. Oh and try using myanimelist.net to track your series. Just click my sig it'll take you to my account on the site and you can see what i mean. Makes recommendations ALOT easier especially when using ratings.
    Solid story telling, interesting dialogue, good characters, and good character development are all I'm really looking for.

Steins Gate was lukewarm, which means something like it would be a passable recommendations for me. The biggest downfall of Steins Gate from my perspective was a brilliant eccentric scientist who is paranoid and knows the immense importance of time travel, letting random complete strangers use his time machine (Shining Finger), without even wondering or asking, "hey, what're you going to do with the time machine?"

Random acts of stupidity being a driving force of conflict really loses marks from my perspective.

Third season of Natsume Yuujinchou just seemed like they were just out of ideas.

Another has an amazing thriller, good mysterious questions with satisfying well paced answers, so it's just good story.
    I'm mainly watching Nisemonogatari cause I liked Bakemonogatari. They have interesting characters and great dialogue.
    Dantalian had good characters, and a pretty interesting set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Solid story telling, interesting dialogue, good characters, and good character development are all I'm really looking for.

Steins Gate was lukewarm, which means something like it would be a passable recommendations for me. The biggest downfall of Steins Gate from my perspective was a brilliant eccentric scientist who is paranoid and knows the immense importance of time travel, letting random complete strangers use his time machine (Shining Finger), without even wondering or asking, "hey, what're you going to do with the time machine?"

Random acts of stupidity being a driving force of conflict really loses marks from my perspective.

Third season of Natsume Yuujinchou just seemed like they were just out of ideas.

Another has an amazing thriller, good mysterious questions with satisfying well paced answers, so it's just good story.
    I'm mainly watching Nisemonogatari cause I liked Bakemonogatari. They have interesting characters and great dialogue.
    Dantalian had good characters, and a pretty interesting set up.
    Hmm have you considered Gundam AGE or any other Gundam series for that matter? Despite it's artstyle AGE is shaping up rather nicely. Oh and despite my sig i HAVE been skimming. Just waiting for a good time to restart so i do know more than a bit of what's been happening in it. And yeah it may very well suit your tastes. If you can get past the artstyle that is.

I'm feeling rather off so i may give more later but for now i THINK gundam in general(well G-Gundam aside) should work rather well for you. I'm also assuming you've seen Serial Experiments LAIN and Death Note since you said you've seen alot of series.

Oh and if you don't mind ALOT of perverted jokes(well tame ones by todays standard) then Aquarion might be up your alley. It's all about the characters and the story(orgasming robot merges aside). Though then again it may not be.

I'm rather off so i may leave it at these for now(TBH not in my best mindframe to make really accurate recommendation) and just look into Aquarion it really does have some VERY interesting character developments. And if you want interesting dialogue well lets put it this way. Season 2 has enough hole jokes to well fill a right big hole with. And no not necessarily dirty ones mainly jokes about well holes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyvm Windry for the suggestions. Natsumi Yujinchou and Another will be next on my list to watch.

If you haven't watched Hotarubi no Mori e, I would recommend that. From the same person who wrote Natsumi Yuujinchou. About a little girl who gets lost in an enchanted forest where apparitions reside. A young boy, Gin, appears before Hotaru, but she cannot touch him for fear of making him disappear. Short movie.

Aside from that I can't really list anything, I've only been watching anime a few months.

Oh, I should've mentioned, I don't like long anime series. Anything over 26 episodes is pushing it, and the only 52 I've ever enjoyed was FMA. I feel like the really long series spend too much of the episode just milking away the time, which leaves me feeling very quickly bored. The last one I actually sat through was Dragon Ball Z... many many years ago, when I was like 9. For that reason, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Gundam have always been things I shy away from.

I've tried quite a few times over the years to get into several different Gundam series, and could just never do it.
    I have seen Death Note, really enjoyed it. I started watching Serial Experiment Lain a few years back, but never finished it. I don't even remember much about it anymore.

I haven't seen Hotarubi no Mori E, and I'll check it out. I'll check out Aquarion too.
    I was perfectly fine with FLCL and Bakemonogatari, which were REALLY weird, and full perverted jokes, so why not.

@ Nyrvana
    Natsume Yuujin Chou is season 1
    Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou is season 2
    Natsume Yuujinchou San is season 3
    Natsume Yuujinchou Shi is season 4

I watched and enjoyed everything in S1. I watched everything of S2, and enjoyed most of it. I watched half of S3, and started to lose interest. So, I only have really high recommendations for S1. As far as I know, the story doesn't really go anywhere, so it's just more of the same in other seasons.

Also, when I think about, I'd say Mushi-shi was better than Natsume Yuujin, so you might want to check that out first.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-03-13 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    I'm looking for an anime that is similar in style to Monster.

It's really the only anime that i've truly enjoyed watching, i like the sense of realism about it, there's no girls in school uniforms swinging swords around or aliens pretending to be little girls. I also loved the darkness about it, it was very creepy and scary without having to resort to actual demons and beasts.

I asked this in another thread and got a great suggestion for a certain manga but i'm more looking for an anime that i can actually watch.

So basically what i'm looking for is:

Realism, no angels/faeries or school girls saving the world
    Scary/dark/creepy kind of genre
    Actually an anime rather than manga
    Ideally i'd like a show that doesn't pointlessly give woman massive breasts and zoom in on them randomly but i understand that this is hard to avoid in anime :P
    My perfect show would probably be the walking dead tv show in anime form!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I'm looking for an anime that is similar in style to Monster.

It's really the only anime that i've truly enjoyed watching, i like the sense of realism about it, there's no girls in school uniforms swinging swords around or aliens pretending to be little girls. I also loved the darkness about it, it was very creepy and scary without having to resort to actual demons and beasts.

I asked this in another thread and got a great suggestion for a certain manga but i'm more looking for an anime that i can actually watch.

So basically what i'm looking for is:

Realism, no angels/faeries or school girls saving the world
    Scary/dark/creepy kind of genre
    Actually an anime rather than manga
    Ideally i'd like a show that doesn't pointlessly give woman massive breasts and zoom in on them randomly but i understand that this is hard to avoid in anime :P
    My perfect show would probably be the walking dead tv show in anime form!
    Umm the zombie WAS done just ya know japanesed up with schoolgirls and giant tits and i mean REALLY giant ones.

But yeah what you want is unusuak and i mean REALLY unusual even a show like Black Jack would probably not fully cut it and that's a medical manga written by a med school dropout(he left to get a degree in art for the purposes of making manga).

So yeah look up black jack it's probably the closest to what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone tell me how I should prioritize the shows on my current list, I don't know which order to watch, but I plan on finishing all of them:

Claymore
    Angel Beats
    Ga-Rei Zero
    Kanon
    Wolf's Rain

I just finished Stein's;Gate, Lucky Star, and Clannad so I'm kinda leanin towards something action oriented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Someone tell me how I should prioritize the shows on my current list, I don't know which order to watch, but I plan on finishing all of them:

Claymore
    Angel Beats
    Ga-Rei Zero
    Kanon
    Wolf's Rain

I just finished Stein's;Gate, Lucky Star, and Clannad so I'm kinda leanin towards something action oriented.
    Ga-Rei Zero
    Kanon
    Angel Beats
    Wolf's Rain
    Claymore

is what i would do.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni