Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Im looking for anime in the likes of Claymore, Elfen Lied. You know, the more "adult-orientated" stuff, I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest some new series.
    Baccano!-
    Baccano! (which translates to "ruckus" or "stupid commotion") focuses on the stories of different characters in the Prohibition Era of America. Originating back to 1711, a group of alchemists seeking eternal youth are given a special potion by a mysterious demon, making them immortal. However, alchemists began disappearing, and realizing the danger of being close to one another they scatter around the world.

Now in the 1930's, all of the immortals have come together once again. Baccano! tells the stories of each of these immortals, ranging from alchemists, street gangs, thieves, FBI agents and even the mafia.

Black Lagoon-
    When Okajima Rokuro (aka Rock) visits Southeast Asia carrying a top secret disk, he is kidnapped by pirates riding in the torpedo boat, Black Lagoon. Although he thought he would be rescued soon, the company actually abandons him, and sends mercenaries to retrieve the secret disk. He narrowly escapes with his life, but has nowhere to go. He gives up his name and past, and resolves to live as a member of the Black Lagoon.

late edit:

berserk (very similar style to claymore) - A mysterious warrior calling himself The Black Swordsman is out to get the King of a country called Midland. As he battles the king's henchmen, their cries of pain and the spilling blood take this relentless warrior's mind back in time to the path that led him to his current state.

On just any day, a pack of hooligans are harassing a young lady in distress when all of a sudden, they're under attack. The Black Swordsman has returned. He wields a giant sword as large as his grudge against the king. When alone in the woods, the Black Swordsman has a flash back to years past and his trials and tribulations in the Band of the Hawk, a successful band of mercenaries under the charismatic leadership of Griffith, a man driven by the ambition to become king.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-06-12 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im looking for anime in the likes of Claymore, Elfen Lied. You know, the more "adult-orientated" stuff, I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest some new series.

Blood and gut sorta mature? Then try Guyver trust me man just imagine say masked rider meets fucking gore central. Instead of sparks you get severed limbs crushed skulls and so on. Instead of the villains leaving his loved ones alone well lets just say things don't go well.

Hi, i am looking for some new animes to watch.

Heres the ones i have watched and liked to give you an idea about my tastes:

Dragon Ball / Z / GT

Naruto / Shippuden

One Piece

Death Note

Devil May Cry

High School of the Dead

Bleach

What i don't like:

Fairy Tail

FullMetal: Alchemist

I am looking for something like Death Note and HotD. That feeling that both of theme give us, i can't explain it but they mix real life emotions and a normal routine and then everything starts to get upside down ( when the Death Note / Zombies appear ) i kinda like that.

I am also interested in comic ones that makes us laugh but i am not talking about laughing a bit, i am talking about laughing my a** off, literally, and my chicks and abs start hurting from so much laughter.

I hope someone can recommend me some good ones for my taste.

Arigato

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should watch the Kara no Kyouai movies, all of them
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2593/Ka...:_Fukan_Fuukei

Or I can recommend you Fate/Zero as well: lots of action, great (and dark) story, great characters
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate/Zero

At xlightning:
    Did you watch Code Geass? If not, go watch it!
    Last edited by bas; 2012-06-18 at 02:37 AM.

Someone know a anime like HighSchool DxD? with "light-romance" and nice fights/spells? don't necessary need the "Ecchi" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Someone know a anime like HighSchool DxD? with "light-romance" and nice fights/spells? don't necessary need the "Ecchi" thing.
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou should do ya.

Other than that i'll have to check some things out(mainly older series LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post

Dragon Ball / Z / GT

Naruto / Shippuden

One Piece

Death Note

Devil May Cry

High School of the Dead

Bleach

What i don't like:

Fairy Tail

I am looking for something like Death Note and HotD. That feeling that both of theme give us, i can't explain it but they mix real life emotions and a normal routine and then everything starts to get upside down ( when the Death Note / Zombies appear ) i kinda like that.

I am also interested in comic ones that makes us laugh but i am not talking about laughing a bit, i am talking about laughing my a** off, literally, and my chicks and abs start hurting from so much laughter.

Arigato
    Funny we have similar tastes expect i liked Fullmetal.

would be keen to see what ppl suggest

Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    At xlightning:

Did you watch Code Geass? If not, go watch it!
    Everyone i tell i liked Death Note suggests me Code Geass but i have read a bit about it and it sounds a bit too futuristic and it has robots and all that. Not sure if i will like it.

Funny we have similar tastes expect i liked Fullmetal.

would be keen to see what ppl suggest
    I discovered School Days and Monster and i am enjoying theme. Give it a try, maybe you will like theme too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone i tell i liked Death Note suggests me Code Geass but i have read a bit about it and it sounds a bit too futuristic and it has robots and all that. Not sure if i will like it.
    Try the manga then. No giant robots in there. They were mainly added at the behest of Sunrise from what i know. I mean hell they can't even make armor that doesn't look like a robot(see Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers OVA aside) so like hell they'd let a series ripe for giant robots slip by without them LOL.

Dragon Ball / Z / GT

Naruto / Shippuden

One Piece

Death Note

Devil May Cry

High School of the Dead

Bleach

What i don't like:

Fairy Tail

Arigato
    How can you like something like Naruto and DBZ, but not Fullmetal Alchemist, specifically Brotherhood?

Watch: kore-wa-zombie-desu-ka if you like zombies and swords and comedy. The main character dies about 10+ times an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by feress12 View Post
    How can you like something like Naruto and DBZ, but not Fullmetal Alchemist, specifically Brotherhood?

Watch: kore-wa-zombie-desu-ka if you like zombies and swords and comedy. The main character dies about 10+ times an episode.
    I just don't.

I will read about it, thank you for the suggestion.

Hey all I'm currently in need of some more anime! Here is my MAL for starters.

Currently I'm in the mood for a good romance/comedy like School Rumble which I just finished! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hey all I'm currently in need of some more anime! Here is my MAL for starters.

Currently I'm in the mood for a good romance/comedy like School Rumble which I just finished! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
    I'd recommend
    Toradora
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
    Kämpfer
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-06-20 at 08:20 PM.

What are some tear jerking animes that aren't super old with outdated art/graphics/cgi?

Oh, and not something that's too girly.
    Last edited by JKim; 2012-06-20 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Luthi- View Post
    What are some tear jerking animes that aren't super old with outdated art/graphics/cgi?
    Tear Jerkers...

Tragic
    Full Metal Alchemist was for me.
    Cowboy Bebop too.
    Angel Beats
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (though I personally wasn't a big fan)

Romantic
    Myself; Yourself
    Bokura ga Ita (We were there)
    5 Cent per Second
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Quote Originally Posted by -Luthi- View Post

Oh, and not something that's too girly.
    Clannad/Clannad After Story, probably the most tear jerking anime to date.

Would like some advice aswell, ill put them as liked and didnt like

Like:
    Beyond the clouds the promised place
    5 Centimeters per second
    The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya ( spelled dreadful iknow)
    Great teacher Onizuka
    Samurai X, Trust and betrayal
    Black lagoon
    Blood +
    Deathnote
    Code Geass
    Requiem for the phantom
    Darker than Black
    Claymore
    Now and then here and there
    Heroic age
    Fullmetal alchemist ( haven't seen brotherhood yet tho)
    Pale cocoon
    Princess mononoke
    Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Didn't like:
    Elfen lied
    Cowboy bebop

From those Now and then here and there, black lagoon, darker than black and deathnote are probably my favorites, I've looked for other animes but none of them sounded very appealing.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Clannad/Clannad After Story, probably the most tear jerking anime to date.
    Ya, most people feel that way about Clannad... it was kind of polarizing for me. Too much crying just makes me care less and less...

@Kenjji that's a pretty good list, other than Bebop I think we have similar taste.

Something dark like Requiem, Death Note, try
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    Gungrave (episodes 2-20... don't even watch episode 1 or the ending)
    Shigofumi
    Another

Something purely romantic, look at the ones I recommended Luthi.

Something like Pale Cocoon, I'd say Time of Eve is the way to go.

Lastly, I'd say... watch Kino's Journey just cause it's good.

Not really into the romantic stuff, downloading Kino's journey and Shigofumi both look promising, thanks for the advice, already seen Time of eve, forgot to add it ( probably a few more i forgot).
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Oh actually, I forgot a few good ones:

Hotarubi no mori e, it's an OVA rather than a full series, it's about 40 minutes. It's really well done, the atmosphere, and even the characters are so well made in such a short run time.

Anohana, I thought it was a bit overrated, but I can't deny it was a rather well made tear jerker. I liked the plot, but some of the drama moments seemed forced.