Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I haven't seen any 'decent' horror anime, but I heard somewhere that Serial Lain is down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I was actually pondering over this as halloween was coming up. Are there any out and out horror anime around these days? I've seen things like Demon City, Wicked City, Higurashi, Another, Mermaid Forest etc, etc. But I haven't noticed any modern anime trying to pick up the horror aspect of some of the mid 80's/mid 90's stuff. There was Gyo, but that's just ridiculous as an anime. I checked out the Nyaruko-san thing and wanted to kill the girl half way through the first episode and ceased watching it. Shiki was OK, if a bit off-kilter.

So does anyone know of any genuine horror based anime that don't devolve into moe-blob sludge after a couple of episodes? I can think of plenty of manga that cover the genre, but only a few anime.
    Not many good horror anime as I've said before. I honestly can't think of anything else to suggest, Boogiepop Phantom has some freaky moments, but not enough to be called a horror anime, it's more psychological.

If you're into manga, give Ibitsu or anything by Junji Ito a read.

Give me something better than Berserk manga. It isn't anime but anime is bad in my opinion I prefer reading :->, anyone know something better than Berserk?

Actually, just thought of one that had some horror elements, Denpa teki na Kanojo. It's only a 2 part OVA, but it's very good.

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for an anime to watch with my girlfriend,
    I'm not a huge anime guy but I do enjoy it, and she is alot more into the anime scene than I
    But for some reason, she wants me to pick the next one we watch!
    We just watched 'Heaven's Lost Property' and both really liked it

It needs to be:
    English dub
    And
    Have no giant robots/mechs

Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions all
    I'd not heard of any of those!

@Captain.
    Not much of an anime buff but while I'm here. Don't know what Heaven's lost property is about but based on the name I'd recommend D.N Angel

Hey everyone, Heres a list of my recommended animes. And yes, Before anyone says anything. HUGE Mecha fan... Especially Gundam

Recommended Animes/Animes Ive seen.

Code Geass (By far my number 1# anime )
    D.Gray Man (tied with code geass)
    One Piece
    Naruto
    All Black lagoon sereis
    Elfen Lied
    Gantz
    Deadman Wonderland
    Yu-gi-oh series except GD/XD w/e it was called and the newest one.
    Bayblade series (Yes, yu-gi-oh and bayblade, pretty old school lol.)
    Fairy Tail
    Bakugan
    Gintama
    Air Gear
    Black Cat
    Death note
    07- Ghost
    Loveless (If you don't mind a kind of... Homosexual love tendency ? )
    Blood+
    Blue Exorcist
    DN Angel
    Queens Blade
    Durarara!
    Eureka Seven
    Fate/Stay Night
    Fate Zero
    Soul Eater
    Steins;Gate
    Gundam (the original series)
    Gundam AGE
    G Gundam
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00 Second Season
    Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
    Gundam 0083
    Gundam: MS IGLOO
    Gundam 8th MS Team series
    Gundam (G)
    Gundam Evolve
    Gundam Seed
    Gundam Seed Destiny
    Gundam Unicorn
    Gundam (Victory)
    Gundam Wing
    Gundam (Turn A)
    Gundam X (After War)
    Gundam (Zeta)
    Gundam ZZ
    Highschool of the Dead
    K-On
    Zombie Loan
    Zatch Bell
    Wolfs Rain
    Witchblade
    Pandora Hearts
    Ouran High School Host Club
    .Hack//dusk [Legend of the twilight]
    .Hack//Liminality
    .Hack//Quantum
    .Hack//Roots
    .Hack//Sign
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 000
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OVA
    Spice and wolf
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
    Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    Rosario + Vampire
    Rosario + Vampire Capu2
    DearS
    Bleach
    Hunter x Hunter
    Claymore
    Ghost in the Shell SAC
    Ghost in the Shell:SAC The 2nd Gig
    Darker Than Black
    Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor
    Cowboy Bebop
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight ~Guilty~
    Shugo Chara!
    Shugo Chara!! Doki
    Shugo Chara! Party!
    Spider Riders
    Zero no Tsukaima*
    Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi*
    Zero no Tsukaima: Princesses no Rondo*
    Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa
    Ah! My Goddess
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 000
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu

Now Out of my recommended list of animes, Can anyone recommend me some new animes? Thou I probably just made that a very hard task... lol

Favorite Genres

- Action
    - Adventure
    - Ecchi
    - Drama
    - Fantasy
    - Horror
    - Comedy
    - Supernatural.
    - Sci-fi
    DO NOT SUGGEST CLANNAD I REFUSE TO WATCH IT. Same goes for any Dragon Balls
    Last edited by Burnick; 2012-10-30 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post

DO NOT SUGGEST CLANNAD I REFUSE TO WATCH IT. Same goes for any Dragon Balls
    What's wrong with Clannad? 2sad4u? Well, you've seen Fate/Stay, so watch Fate/Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    What's wrong with Clannad? 2sad4u? Well, you've seen Fate/Stay, so watch Fate/Zero.
    no, Ive seen a few episodes of it, I got bored, And very fast. Ive Seen Fate/Zero as well lol.

no, Ive seen a few episodes of it, I got bored, And very fast. Ive Seen Fate/Zero as well lol.
    Infinite Stratos
    Sekirei
    Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property)

If you're looking for the Comedy/Action (and I.S. has some mecha style exoskeletons as well)

Shuffle!
    Girls Bravo

If you want more Harem/Ecchi/Comedy with a dash of supernatural.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    Deadman Wonderland

For the more twisted, kinda gory, psychological ones.

Gun X Sword
    Trigun

For the classic good guy vs everyone.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:03 AM ----------

@Captain:

Might want to check out:

DearS
    Shuffle!

Both rather tame but similar in style to Heaven's Lost Property

Bit more gore but definitely worth the watch:

Elfen Lied
    High School of the Dead
    Last edited by Tasttey; 2012-10-30 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    Hi everyone!
    I recently watched Guilty Crown / Angel Beats / Spice and Wolf (both seasons ) and i am looking for smth similar to watch
    To sum it up
    Preferable Genres : Action - Drama - Romance (dont mind a bit of comedy ) and not something that is really old
    I hope you understand what i am looking for and if anyone could recommend a few titles , thnx in advance! : )

Quote Originally Posted by fateshaper View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I recently watched Guilty Crown / Angel Beats / Spice and Wolf (both seasons ) and i am looking for smth similar to watch
    To sum it up
    Preferable Genres : Action - Drama - Romance (dont mind a bit of comedy ) and not something that is really old
    I hope you understand what i am looking for and if anyone could recommend a few titles , thnx in advance! : )
    Clannad/After Story, Ano Hana, and Toradora for Angel Beats. (I'd say Little Busters! too, but that's currently airing, on episode 5 I think.)

As for Guilty Crown, try Mirai Nikki, Darker Than Black, Code Geass, and Accel World.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-11-02 at 02:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Clannad/After Story, Ano Hana, and Toradora for Angel Beats. (I'd say Little Busters! too, but that's currently airing, on episode 5 I think.)

As for Guilty Crown, try Mirai Nikki, Darker Than Black, Code Geass, and Accel World.
    Thats more than i could possibly ask for , thnx a lot : )

Last few I've watched are Witchblade, Air Gear, and Angel beats. I've pretty much watched all of what netflix has to offer. I'm looking for something with action/decent story line/ cute girls.

Have you tried Toaru majutsu no index? (A certain magical index)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Have you tried To aru majutsu no index? (A certain magical index)
    I'll back that up with Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Have you tried Toaru majutsu no index? (A certain magical index)
    Well I started watching this. First 3 episodes done so far. I'm not sure what up with this anime tho the subs seem really funky. I don't know some things are just worded really bad I guess. Also some of the fastest subs I've ever seen.

Just out of curiosity, what are people thinking about BTOOOOOM!! so far? It started out seeming quite generic and dull, but feels as though it's gradually becoming more like a new Mirai Nikki to me.

Also, I've been looking for something akin to Madoka. Is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha worth checking out in full?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone, Heres a list of my recommended animes. And yes, Before anyone says anything. HUGE Mecha fan... Especially Gundam
    *snip*
    After this line, I was surprised to not see Gurren Lagann, Gaogaigar or Rahxephon in your list. So there's my recommendations

Edit: Oh yeah, and Gunbuster + Diebuster as well.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2012-11-17 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    Not trying to force you to watch Clannad. But to you and everyone else in this thread, sometimes few episodes just won't cut it. I know plenty of animes where it takes half a season for the actual plot to begin. Heck, there are animes where the ultimate plot twist happens in the last two episodes, episodes before it being very boring and repeating the same pattern. Cowboy Bepop is perfect example of that, if it weren't for the late plot twist I'd rate it 3-4 out of 10 instead of 8.

Anyway about Clannad. It sure is one the most popular tear jerkers and pretty good overall. But looking back, the first season is pretty much about the oh so boring, stereotypical high school setting with a hint of supernatural elements. I could almost call the first season average, maybe even below average. BUT unlike in many other animes, characters will actually grow up slowly and you will notice the passage of the time towards the end, that's where it gets good. If you ask me, it's the second season that made Clannad so popular, that's when the plot twists come in and the story starts to progress rapidly. I really think you should give Clannad a second chance and try to get past 5-6 episodes.

I've watched quite a lot anime so feel free to ask me for recommendations. I cannot promise I'm into same genres as you, but given my wide taste I should be able to pull of good titles out of my head what'll please you(hopefully).
    Last edited by mmocb3196d46fe; 2012-11-18 at 02:51 AM.