Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zoma13

Just spent the last couple weeks plowing through Hajime No Ippo, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Monster. I'm thinking of trying either Gintama or Cowboy Bebop next.

At the moment, I'm looking for something with a lot of action. Length doesn't matter, but I'd prefer a completed anime over an ongoing one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zoma13

Just spent the last couple weeks plowing through Hajime No Ippo, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Monster. I'm thinking of trying either Gintama or Cowboy Bebop next.

At the moment, I'm looking for something with a lot of action. Length doesn't matter, but I'd prefer a completed anime over an ongoing one.
    i'd give you some recommendations but i have no idea about your tastes (outside of combat). slice of life? Comedy? Ecchi? etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i'd give you some recommendations but i have no idea about your tastes (outside of combat). slice of life? Comedy? Ecchi? etc.
    Not really into slice of life. I don't mind ecchi, but not what I'm looking for at the moment. No preference on comedy. Some of my favourite series have varied from having tons of comedy to being dead serious. I usually like thrillers.

Yu Yu Hakusho
    Ruruoni Kenshin ovas + episodes 1-62 (skip the last ones). I'd watch those episodes first then do the ovas Tsuiokuhen and Seisou Hen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Not really into slice of life. I don't mind ecchi, but not what I'm looking for at the moment. No preference on comedy. Some of my favourite series have varied from having tons of comedy to being dead serious. I usually like thrillers.
    mondaiji-tachi

Eh it's me again, been watching a lot of comedy anime.
    Started watching Gintama, haven't finished it yet because oh my god it takes long. Watched Date A Live (guess you could call it comedy) and now this fall's NouCome (Which was AMAZING, 10/10)

So yeah, is anyone able to suggest any Comedy anime? No need for action or anything, that's a bonus. I enjoy slice of life, perhaps something supernatural like NouCome and Date A Live too. I really like Harem/Romance as well.
    But if it's an anime where you have to laugh out loud like crazy during almost every episode, then it's fine. I need some laughs to keep the stress off of me latlely :P

Thanks in advance.

Totally unrelated: Does anyone else that watched NouCome know if it'll be continued? The ending gives the "watch the rest" choice but myanimelist says it finished airing. Kind of confused here. Would love a second season of it anyways, 10 episodes is so short

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talzz View Post
    Eh it's me again, been watching a lot of comedy anime.
    Started watching Gintama, haven't finished it yet because oh my god it takes long. Watched Date A Live (guess you could call it comedy) and now this fall's NouCome (Which was AMAZING, 10/10)

So yeah, is anyone able to suggest any Comedy anime? No need for action or anything, that's a bonus. I enjoy slice of life, perhaps something supernatural like NouCome and Date A Live too. I really like Harem/Romance as well.
    But if it's an anime where you have to laugh out loud like crazy during almost every episode, then it's fine. I need some laughs to keep the stress off of me latlely :P

Thanks in advance.
    One anime that I don't think has been suggested to you yet is Seto no Hanayome/My Bride is a Mermaid. It is constantly laugh out loud funny (takes about 5 min to kick in properly though) and I was utterly surprised at just how relentless the comedy in the show is. I'm pretty sure that you can count the number of serious scenes that don't include a joke on the fingers of a single hand. The plot summary seems really tame at face value but the comedy in this show is completely unpredictable and ridiculous. Meets the Slice of Life + Drama + Romance + Harem + Supernatural (mermaids, so supernatural-ish) aspects, though because the show is a parody expect a lot of the content to be played for laughs.

Another possible suggestion is Beelzebub, pretty hilarious take on the whole shounen super powers in a school genre which is borderline parody. Two warnings though: One, the baby that the title is named after is always naked and you'll have to get comfortable with the fact that he has genitals. Two, the anime ends rather abruptly with a forced non-ending at episode 60 leaving you hungry for more, thankfully, the manga continues far past that point, also, thankfully it's not even close to as bad of a forced anime ending as Claymore. Meets the Romance/Harem (unrequited though) + Supernatural (devils!) aspects.

I definitely recommend keeping up with Gintama though, while it's got plenty of episodes it is definitely worth it and Gintama really starts to show how amazing it is after about 30-40ish episodes and onwards, episodes 3>30/40ish are a little weak compared to the rest. I also second the recommendation for Seitokai Yakuindomo if you don't mind relentless sexual humour (frequently delivered deadpan too).

Quote Originally Posted by Talzz View Post
    Totally unrelated: Does anyone else that watched NouCome know if it'll be continued? The ending gives the "watch the rest" choice but myanimelist says it finished airing. Kind of confused here. Would love a second season of it anyways, 10 episodes is so short
    Depends on sales and the amount of volumes of the Light Novel left unadapted (not sure on this personally). As far as I know a second season hasn't been announced yet (they usually don't until it is actually due to happen) so that would be why MAL is listing it as finishing airing. If they do announce a second season then MAL will typically list the new season under a new show entry as a sequel.

Thanks for the suggestions, just finished "My bride is a mermaid", loved it. Watched episode one of Beelzebub, funnily it's not that the baby's naked that I dislike, but it's that round thing he has in his mouth, I'll check out the other one you suggested.In the meanwhile, are there any other hilarious anime someone can recommend?
    Last edited by Talzz; 2013-12-23 at 01:00 PM.

meh.. kinda bored atm need new anime now that current season is coming to an end and the next season seems to be lacking a bit, i plan to follow a few but its rly weak if u ask me.

soo anyone got any good series for me to watch? my animelist: myanimelist.net/animelist/Aapjuh

oh ye can i get a "congrats" for successfully converting yet another person to the ways of anime? ^^
    or mayb a "slap on the wrist" cus he seems to be watching almost nonstop. "woepsie".
    he finished highschool dxd, sora no otoshimono(all seasons and movie), kore wa zombie(both seasons), hataraku maou-sama!, and started kimi ni todoke in just 3 days time. ><
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    meh.. kinda bored atm need new anime now that current season is coming to an end and the next season seems to be lacking a bit, i plan to follow a few but its rly weak if u ask me.

soo anyone got any good series for me to watch? my animelist: myanimelist.net/animelist/Aapjuh

oh ye can i get a "congrats" for successfully converting yet another person to the ways of anime? ^^
    or mayb a "slap on the wrist" cus he seems to be watching almost nonstop. "woepsie".
    he finished highschool dxd, sora no otoshimono(all seasons and movie), kore wa zombie(both seasons), hataraku maou-sama!, and started kimi ni todoke in just 3 days time. ><
    dude youve watched over 400 different anime? i don't even know how to begin with recommendations in this situation...

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    400 different anime?
    Oh my... that's... awesome!

Deleted

All I can really recommend from your MAL is all of the Monogatari's, Steins;Gate and Cowboy Bebop.

How you have watched 400 animes and not those suprises me.

Also Log Horizon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Since you gave high ratings to k-on! and Shinryaku, Those migth be worth checking out

-GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class
    -Manabi Straight!
    -Hidamari Sketch
    -Hyakko
    -Ichigo Mashimaro
    -Kiniro Mosaic
    -Mitsudomoe

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Shadis View Post
    All I can really recommend from your MAL is all of the Monogatari's, Steins;Gate and Cowboy Bebop.

How you have watched 400 animes and not those suprises me.

Also Log Horizon.
    -Monogatari (this right? Bakemonogatari), i tried 1-3 eps orso when it was stil lfresh but the style was not rly my taste, still hear great things about it so might pick it up.
    -Cowboy Bebop, oooh ye, still gotta watch this one good call.
    -Steins;Gate, oh its related to chaos;head been ages ago whas that about the guy living in a shipping container on a roof?

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Since you gave high ratings to k-on! and Shinryaku, Those migth be worth checking out

-GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class
    -Manabi Straight!
    -Hidamari Sketch
    -Hyakko
    -Ichigo Mashimaro
    -Kiniro Mosaic
    -Mitsudomoe
    hehe ye i like them but i kinda gave up on rating stuff.
    the first anime u give a rating then everything else has to be compared to its score thats why i stopped doing it.

i actually tried Kiniro Mosaic when it aired, not sure i can remember why i ditched it.
    i enjoy those kind of anime u linked like once in a while, like i need some slow peaceful anime once in a while.
    currently for me its Non Non Biyori which will give me my fill for a while.
    Last edited by Demontjuh; 2013-12-24 at 06:23 PM.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously from all good anime there is in the world people watch .. this? Kicks me everytime. No wonder people think people that watches anime are freaks. Had to convince my girlfriend that just because I watch anime I'm not like those guys that totally change their appearance and lifestyle and go to events. I've even showed her a couple that she enjoyed, and none are or the 10 pages I checked.. These animes here are those .. Not all, but most.

Deleted
    -Monogatari (this right? Bakemonogatari), i tried 1-3 eps orso when it was stil lfresh but the style was not rly my taste, still hear great things about it so might pick it up.
    -Cowboy Bebop, oooh ye, still gotta watch this one good call.
    -Steins;Gate, oh its related to chaos;head been ages ago whas that about the guy living in a shipping container on a roof?
    Steins Gate is not related to it in anyway, or atleast from what I can tell at a glance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Shadis View Post
    Steins Gate is not related to it in anyway, or atleast from what I can tell at a glance.
    Goes from
    Chaos;Head > Steins;Gate > Robotics;Note

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    i enjoy those kind of anime u linked like once in a while, like i need some slow peaceful anime once in a while.
    currently for me its Non Non Biyori which will give me my fill for a while.
    In that case, Tamayura and Sketchbook: Full Color's would also be a good pick if you're in the mood for it(similar feeling to NNB and Aria).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Seriously from all good anime there is in the world people watch .. this? Kicks me everytime. No wonder people think people that watches anime are freaks. Had to convince my girlfriend that just because I watch anime I'm not like those guys that totally change their appearance and lifestyle and go to events. I've even showed her a couple that she enjoyed, and none are or the 10 pages I checked.. These animes here are those .. Not all, but most.
    I just want to say that we all care deeply for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Goes from
    Chaos;Head > Steins;Gate > Robotics;Note
    in terms of their creation and progress in time. But, none of the characters or plot in any effect the other, and are all standalone. It's just they all happen in the same universe. Kinda like SAO and AW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post

I just want to say that we all care deeply for your opinions.
    That about sums it up.

Who knew, people have different taste. Shocking.

Kezotar, I'd be less concerned with how others perceive you simply because you enjoy something they don't. Especially when it's your own girlfriend.