Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've finally grown bored of all these slice-of-life animus I've been watching (and frankly, I think Mitsudomoe killed off a large portion of my brain), so right now I'm really feeling in the mood for an odyssey. Some sort of adventure anime with an continuous story, preferably a long series. I've already seen Inuyasha, FMA, FMA:B, Dog Days, Fate Zero, and SAO, so those are out.

Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Long series? damn! :P

Spice & Wolf is awesome.
    Mouretsu Pirates
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Black Lagoon
    Campione (this aint very long, but I like it a lot)
    Eureka Seven
    Claymore

Hmmm, not sure if it's long enough, but, there's a two-cour anime called "Tower of Druaga". It's got an additional attachment to it for the first and second season: The Aegis of Uruk, and then The Sword of Uruk. It's got comedy, both satirical and sometimes slap-stick, but it also has an underlying sense of foreboding when it nears the end of the first season. And, I have to say, those last two episodes from the 1st season were pretty darn good, and it really sets up the plot for the second (Which in all honesty isn't "that" deep, it's about getting to the top of a really high tower with monsters. But, the twist as to why it exists are the real cool parts).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    So I've finally grown bored of all these slice-of-life animus I've been watching (and frankly, I think Mitsudomoe killed off a large portion of my brain), so right now I'm really feeling in the mood for an odyssey. Some sort of adventure anime with an continuous story, preferably a long series. I've already seen Inuyasha, FMA, FMA:B, Dog Days, Fate Zero, and SAO, so those are out.

Any suggestions?
    Trigun, Hero's quest to right the wrongs committed by someone from his past and the adventures he has on the way. Heavy on gunfights, switches moods quickly from quirky humor to profound and thoughtful. Half a year of content (1 episode per week), particularly good English Dub (this is rare).

Gun x Sword, similar to above but involves mechas.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are people thinking about BTOOOOOM!! so far? It started out seeming quite generic and dull, but feels as though it's gradually becoming more like a new Mirai Nikki to me.

Also, I've been looking for something akin to Madoka. Is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha worth checking out in full?
    BTOOOM is trying to bandwagon off of what Mirai Nikki and Sword Art Online have done well, it's okay, nothing special. Nanoha is worth watching if you're okay with ten year old girls having more destructive power than the Wing Zero Gundam.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    *snip*
    Good god LISTS. Would help if it were sorted by genre or alpha'd or something.

Anyway you watched all of what I categorize as Shounen Epics (in excess of 100 episodes) minus KHR (Kateikyou Hitman Reborn, english: Hitman Tutor Reborn) so I guess you should add that to the list.

I saw DRRR and didn't see Baccano! so watch that too (same animation group, same style, same awesome)

Think someone mentioned Trigun and Gun x Sword, I second the motion on both counts.

I saw Ghost in the Shell so best throw Psycho-Pass into the mix as well. Futuristic Police Psychological Drama, it's easily my favorite of Fall 2012.

Enjoy

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    It needs to be:
    English dub
    And
    Have no giant robots/mechs

Any suggestions?
    I don't think I've seen such a small filter narrow a search so far. I had to look up what "Heaven's Lost Property" was since I was too lazy to translate myself. At the risk of doing something incredibly foolish I'm going to recommend Elfen Lied. It's gorey to the point that even I stay away from it and that says something, but it's a very popular series. They spare no expense on fan service.

Out of obligation to anyone who appreciates a good english dub I'd also recommend Trigun. It doesn't play heavy on romance but if there's a dub that does the anime justice that would be the one.

And on straight up romance... Romeo x Juliet. Don't think too hard, Japanese people like Shakespeare too, and ANYTHING GOES when making an anime. But seriously, it's not a bad series.

If she's seen all of these then it's a safe bet she'll have to set the search criteria herself.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are people thinking about BTOOOOOM!! so far? It started out seeming quite generic and dull, but feels as though it's gradually becoming more like a new Mirai Nikki to me.

Also, I've been looking for something akin to Madoka. Is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha worth checking out in full?
    I do enjoy Btoom a bit, it is very Mirai Nikki-esque.

Also, I'm not sure if I'd recommend Nanoha as being something close to Madoka. I mean, sure, yes it is a Magical Girl anime, one that tends to drift from usual Magical Girl standards, not really in the way Madoka did however. Nanoha is more badass, it's probably one of the very few Magical Girl anime that could easily be called shounen. That being said, I enjoyed Nanoha a ton, Nanoha A's was great fun. I watched the first movie before the first series, which is just a recap of the series, I liked it better than the actual series.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to anime, and need a new series to watch

I've seen:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Fairy Tail
    Claymore
    Death Note
    Hellsing

I realy like the way Bleach, Fairy Tail and One Piece works - some childish, but lots of honor, good fights and that kind of stuff Not very much into guns btw.
    I dont know any anime genres so yeah, would be awesome if someone knew something similar to Bleach, Fairy Tail and One Piece

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I loved Naruto initially, after my sister recommended it to me, but then it just turned into filler. So bad that it was like 80 episodes or something ridiculous like that since the main storyline had stopped and the filler had started. People tell me that most anime is like that, it drives me crazy because when it's good it's really really good, but then comes the filler

Naruto really was quite awesome up until the point where it might aswel have just ended. Dragonball/DBZ had it's share of filler but it wasn't excessive, Gundam series didn't really have any filler (maybe 1 episode per whole 50 episode series), but Naruto... it takes filler to a whole new level.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-12-06 at 12:18 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I realy like the way Bleach, Fairy Tail and One Piece works - some childish, but lots of honor, good fights and that kind of stuff Not very much into guns btw.
    I dont know any anime genres so yeah, would be awesome if someone knew something similar to Bleach, Fairy Tail and One Piece
    I would really recommend Fullmetal Alchemist, Nonslid. Great show. Two seasons (though they start off similar and involve an almost nearly identical cast they're both amazing) and a good movie, so there's a lot there to keep you busy.

I would also suggest using the site MyAnimeList.net and searching an anime you have seen, then going to the user recommendations section to see what fans of that series suggest as being similar to it. Here is the Bleach recommendations page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/269/Bleach/userrecs
    (A lot of people seem to love Gintama and it does look similar to One Piece/Bleach, plus there's over 200 episodes of it! Not watched it myself but could be something to check out. )

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I loved Naruto initially, after my sister recommended it to me, but then it just turned into filler. So bad that it was like 80 episodes or something ridiculous like that since the main storyline had stopped and the filler had started. People tell me that most anime is like that, it drives me crazy because when it's good it's really really good, but then comes the filler

Naruto really was quite awesome up until the point where it might aswel have just ended. Dragonball/DBZ had it's share of filler but it wasn't excessive, Gundam series didn't really have any filler (maybe 1 episode per whole 50 episode series), but Naruto... it takes filler to a whole new level.
    About filler, Bigbazz. It's typically only a problem for the really big and long-running series, like Naruto etc. because the show is churned out so regularly that they frequently almost catch up to the manga and need more story before the original writer has had time to publish any, so they have to get a team to make anime-specific arcs of the story. Some can be good (I thought the Zanpakuto arc of Bleach was awesome!), but a lot of it is pretty crap and breaks the main story. =I
    Most shorter series (13/24/48 episodes) don't have to deal with that so they stay at a pretty consistent quality level for the duration.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-06 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I would really recommend Fullmetal Alchemist, Nonslid. Great show. Two seasons (though they start off similar and involve an almost nearly identical cast they're both amazing) and a good movie, so there's a lot there to keep you busy.

I would also suggest using the site MyAnimeList.net and searching an anime you have seen, then going to the user recommendations section to see what fans of that series suggest as being similar to it. Here is the Bleach recommendations page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/269/Bleach/userrecs
    (A lot of people seem to love Gintama and it does look similar to One Piece/Bleach, plus there's over 200 episodes of it! Not watched it myself but could be something to check out. )

About filler, Bigbazz. It's typically only a problem for the really big and long-running series, like Naruto etc. because the show is churned out so regularly that they frequently almost catch up to the manga and need more story before the original writer has had time to publish any, so they have to get a team to make anime-specific arcs of the story. Some can be good (I thought the Zanpakuto arc of Bleach was awesome!), but a lot of it is pretty crap and breaks the main story. =I
    Most shorter series (13/24/48 episodes) don't have to deal with that so they stay at a pretty consistent quality level for the duration.
    Thanks for the tip! Will check out Fullmetal Alchemist and Gintama
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    No problem. Hope you like 'em. Let me know with a post in the thread sometime if you would recommend Gintama yourself. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello. Recently I have been extremely bored and it feels like I haven't done anything in a while. I have a very high interest in anime, it seems.

Anime List: (** animes I loved)

Death Note **
    Claymore **
    Bleach (stopped after Aizen arc)
    Naruto (stopped like 2 years ago)
    Dragonball Z (obviously)
    Monster **
    Steins;Gate **********

After watching Steins Gate, I realized that I hate that it ended. I was and still am completely addicted to that series. It is one of the most amazing hidden gems of the anime world. I am looking for a suggestion for another anime. I want one as epic or near as epic as Steins Gate. I like the incorporation of science -- or pseudo-science in anime, but I also like the general genre of what Steins;Gate was. Looking at this list, it seems that I tend to watch darker animes (Death Note, Claymore, Steins;Gate, Monster were the animes I enjoyed the most), or animes that are as dark as those that I mentioned.
    Thank you.

Edit: I would prefer an anime which I do not have to commit to watching weekly, I would like to watch an anime that has already come to a conclusion (ended). If you can mention one that has not ended but is still exceptionally good, that is okay as well. SUB or DUB is ok, I have no preference.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:17 PM ----------

I have been googling results for a little while. Would you guys recommend Ergo Proxy, Welcome to NHK, Darker Than Black, or Guilty Crown?

Guilty Crown looks definitely interesting.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-01-11 at 08:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guilty Crown
    Code Geass
    Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse

few others out there but those are the first to come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    After watching Steins Gate, I realized that I hate that it ended. I was and still am completely addicted to that series. It is one of the most amazing hidden gems of the anime world. I am looking for a suggestion for another anime. I want one as epic or near as epic as Steins Gate. I like the incorporation of science -- or pseudo-science in anime, but I also like the general genre of what Steins;Gate was. Looking at this list, it seems that I tend to watch darker animes (Death Note, Claymore, Steins;Gate, Monster were the animes I enjoyed the most), or animes that are as dark as those that I mentioned.
    Thank you.

Edit: I would prefer an anime which I do not have to commit to watching weekly, I would like to watch an anime that has already come to a conclusion (ended). If you can mention one that has not ended but is still exceptionally good, that is okay as well. SUB or DUB is ok, I have no preference.
    3x3 Eyes, Episodes 1-4 (OVA 1 + 2 alternatively)
    Gasaraki
    Mirai Nikki
    Noein
    Sci-Fi Harry

Hello. Recently I have been extremely bored and it feels like I haven't done anything in a while. I have a very high interest in anime, it seems.

Anime List: (** animes I loved)

Death Note **
    Claymore **
    Bleach (stopped after Aizen arc)
    Naruto (stopped like 2 years ago)
    Dragonball Z (obviously)
    Monster **
    Steins;Gate **********

Thank you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:17 PM ----------

I have been googling results for a little while. Would you guys recommend Ergo Proxy, Welcome to NHK, Darker Than Black, or Guilty Crown?

I had the pretty much same list, and I found Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass to be extremly fun to watch

[/COLOR]I have been googling results for a little while. Would you guys recommend Ergo Proxy, Welcome to NHK, Darker Than Black, or Guilty Crown?

Ah...Guilty Crown. While I want to say it was a great show, I can't deny that it feels very much like previously done stories (I'm looking at you Code Geass). Whereas, alone, I feel they were both pretty good, GC is more fresh in my mind (in the sense that it's been 4 years since I watched CG...dear god, the acronyms are reversed). GC, I suggest you continue to watch to through the end, if you're to watch it. Stopping halfway though will leave you feeling it was must worse than it was. It's not the masterpiece it was touted it as through hype (to be fair, a lot of hype is done by fans), but I feel it was good enough to recommend, just get used to the main character not changing for about 2/3 of the show.

I had the pretty much same list, and I found Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass to be extremly fun to watch
    Also, Nonslid makes a good point. If you have not seen FMA or CG, you really should, perhaps put off CG until after GC. FMA:Brotherhood is the FMA you want to see. The original anime made, in 2003-2004 diverged from the manga when it was made, and it isn't bad, but I really liked Brotherhood more. FMA:Brotherhood was animated in 2009-2010. The FMA movie: Conqueror of Shamballa is a direct sequel to the first FMA anime. The movie: The Sacred Star of Milos is a standalone movie animated in the way of Brotherhood, so I assume it's more tied to that iteration (But again, it's standalone mostly.)
    Last edited by Jamber; 2013-01-13 at 03:52 AM.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Let me Edit this post a bit to help you guys out.

I've watched

Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    Blue Exorcist
    Angel Beats
    Hitman Reborn
    SAO
    Elfen Lied
    My Little Monster
    Dragonball

Type of Anime I'm looking for:
    I'm trying to find an anime.. thats alot like Angel beats.. not 100% like it.. but.. What I'm interested in is an Action type anime with a cool story just like Angel beats (Fighting againts god while they're in limbo) but that also has comedy and a touching/sad story. I have been suggested to watch Clannad who is the same creators.. but I just cant get use to it.. It doesn't have that.. "Cool" feel to it that gets you intrigued. I'm not sure how else to ask it.. but yeah.. An Action packed Anime with comedy and touching/sad story to it with a tad bit of "WOW I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING AT ALL"

What I dont want..:
    Is a Sad anime thats about school life and how a person is depressed or yada yada.. they're to typical and you can tell what may happen before hand..

All help is much appreciated ty.
    Last edited by Chat; 2013-01-13 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys for the replies. I am actually not watching Guilty Crown atm, but I am watching Mirari Nikki.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Ah...Guilty Crown. While I want to say it was a great show, I can't deny that it feels very much like previously done stories (I'm looking at you Code Geass). Whereas, alone, I feel they were both pretty good, GC is more fresh in my mind (in the sense that it's been 4 years since I watched CG...dear god, the acronyms are reversed). GC, I suggest you continue to watch to through the end, if you're to watch it. Stopping halfway though will leave you feeling it was must worse than it was. It's not the masterpiece it was touted it as through hype (to be fair, a lot of hype is done by fans), but I feel it was good enough to recommend, just get used to the main character not changing for about 2/3 of the show.

Also, Nonslid makes a good point. If you have not seen FMA or CG, you really should, perhaps put off CG until after GC. FMA:Brotherhood is the FMA you want to see. The original anime made, in 2003-2004 diverged from the manga when it was made, and it isn't bad, but I really liked Brotherhood more. FMA:Brotherhood was animated in 2009-2010. The FMA movie: Conqueror of Shamballa is a direct sequel to the first FMA anime. The movie: The Sacred Star of Milos is a standalone movie animated in the way of Brotherhood, so I assume it's more tied to that iteration (But again, it's standalone mostly.)
    Whats GC?

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats GC?
    Guilty Crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Let me Edit this post a bit to help you guys out.

I've watched

Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    Blue Exorcist
    Angel Beats
    Hitman Reborn
    SAO
    Elfen Lied
    My Little Monster
    Dragonball

Type of Anime I'm looking for:
    I'm trying to find an anime.. thats alot like Angel beats.. not 100% like it.. but.. What I'm interested in is an Action type anime with a cool story just like Angel beats (Fighting againts god while they're in limbo) but that also has comedy and a touching/sad story. I have been suggested to watch Clannad who is the same creators.. but I just cant get use to it.. It doesn't have that.. "Cool" feel to it that gets you intrigued. I'm not sure how else to ask it.. but yeah.. An Action packed Anime with comedy and touching/sad story to it with a tad bit of "WOW I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING AT ALL"

What I dont want..:
    Is a Sad anime thats about school life and how a person is depressed or yada yada.. they're to typical and you can tell what may happen before hand..

All help is much appreciated ty.
    I'd recommend:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Bakemonogatari
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica