Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I've watched Bleach (my favourite anime so far, even if certain people dislike it), Sword Art Online, Dragon Ball, and a few episodes of Zetsuen no tempest.

I've attempted watching Naruto and don't really like it as much as the others I've watched, but maybe it's a case of getting further into it (only at around episode 45). I'm not a fan of one piece (can't stand the characters). I've also had a look at Full Metal Alchemist (which is nice, but I don't know if I'll watch it just yet).

If anyone can come up with any suggestions based on this, I'd be really grateful, because anime seems to grip my mind in a way other tv shows can't.
    Possibilities:

Black Lagoon
    Berserk
    Fate/Zero

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    hey guys can someone suggest me an anime similar to Toradora or Mayo Chiki? School life romance genre and such.
    Thanks in advance
    Maybe:

Ano Natsu de Matteru
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-02-20 at 12:46 AM.

I've seen:

Peacemaker Synopsis:

Young Tetsu’s life is torn asunder when his parents are brutally murdered one night. Now, blinded with a thirst for revenge, Tetsu decides to join the Shinsengumi, an elite group of swordsmen sworn to protect the capital. The Shinsengumi are engaged in a brutal conflict with the Choshu rebels, the same ruthless killers who murdered Tetsu's parents. In the name of justice - and against the will of his older brother - Tetsu desperately hopes to join the Shinsengumi.
    But an incident late one night forces him to face reality. The Shinsengumi show themselves capable of the same brutality as his parents' murderers. Wading through a sea of espionage, intrigue, and flowing blood, the young boy must decide whether to shed his humanity and become a demon of the Shinsengumi, or to relinquish his hatred and become a Peacemaker in the spirit of his father. Revenge is sweet, but is it worth losing your soul?

Inuyasha(still watching) synopsis :

Except for the fact that her family lives in and runs the local shrine, Kagome Higurashi is a typical fifteen-year old Japanese schoolgirl. One day, while searching for her missing pet cat, Kagome is violently dragged into a nearby well by a huge, centipede demon that asks her if she has "the Jewel of Four Souls." Kagome, having barely survived the attack, later wakes up at the bottom of the well, finding that the demon has left. When she climbs to the surface, she discovers that she is no longer in contemporary Japan; she's in ancient Japan, a Japan where demons, monsters, and violent swordplay still exist and thrive. Confused, scared, and unsure of herself, Kagome is at a loss at to what to do. She soon crosses paths with a half-human, half-dog demon boy named Inu-Yasha, who has nasty claws, an acidic mouth, and a violent temper. After Yasha easily deals with the resurfaced centipede demon, he turns his attentions and his claws toward Kagome, demanding the Jewel of Four Souls from her.

Midori No Hibi synopsis (just finished the other day and loved it!):

High school delinquent Seiji Sawamura is desperate to have a girlfriend, especially after being rejected by 20 girls as of late. He's afraid that he will end his life with his right hand as his only companion. Apparently, that doesn't change when one day when he wakes up and discovers that his right hand has become a girl named Midori Kasugano, who confesses that she has had a crush on him for the last three years

All of Naruto and love it!
    FMA still need to watch Brotherhood

Started but haven't finished:
    Deathnote
    Monster synopsis:

Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this.

Pokemon(haven't caught up anyway..)

Just throwing this out there for anyone and will take any others suggested!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I've watched Bleach (my favourite anime so far, even if certain people dislike it), Sword Art Online, Dragon Ball, and a few episodes of Zetsuen no tempest.

I've attempted watching Naruto and don't really like it as much as the others I've watched, but maybe it's a case of getting further into it (only at around episode 45). I'm not a fan of one piece (can't stand the characters). I've also had a look at Full Metal Alchemist (which is nice, but I don't know if I'll watch it just yet).

If anyone can come up with any suggestions based on this, I'd be really grateful, because anime seems to grip my mind in a way other tv shows can't.
    Gintama and Hunter x Hunter (2011) are both great if you are looking for Shounen anime, and you should definitely also watch FMA:Brotherhood. I'm curious to know how many episodes of OP you have watched though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Possibilities:

Black Lagoon
    Berserk
    Fate/Zero
    These are also very good if you are looking for something a bit more mature to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The entire thing was rushed. Most of the episodes were irrelevant harem hijinks, then a then a bunch of little relevant plot love, then final boss. There was literally no build up to the end then suddenly "hey we're fighting this big bad" and super detective hacker strongerthangamemechanics Kirito discovers the real big bad. That may be how it was in the LN, but that doesn't make it good writing and pacing.
    I agree with you. I felt that SAO should have more time showing them clearing floors and a bit more build up. Their love story while good did feel a bit rushed. They had a few episodes together and that was it. I know they wanted to go on the 75th floor as he worked out that the guy who was the guild leader was actually not legit. That was a great twist. But the fact that they could have done the first arc in at least another 12 episodes felt a bit rushed to me. But still it did not detract from my enjoyment.

In a way SAO reminded me of tower of duraga. I could have happily watched more episodes of that if they had spent more time on showing them clearing the dungeons/levels.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blah all the people with the "SAO ... Rushed" thing stahp it. The anime did what they could using every chapter available to it from the light novels even including all of the bloody side stories that it could have done fine without. People would be raging so hard if they stuck to the driving plot and wrote a 13 ep series and they would be raging even harder if they put half the content into 52 episodes by Dragon Balling the novels to death. You NEED to read the novels if you want to make any critique on the series, SAO is a book, not a manga or an anime.

Rant off.

Heard various requests so i'll pitch

Shounen:
    Elemental Gelade. It's not a commonly heard name but it's a cute shounen romance that plays it's cards like the other ones all do and concludes in an acceptable way.

Darker Than Black Season 1: Dark, X-Men esque superpower series with an absolute badass of a main character, very enjoyable. Skip Season 2.

Magi, Labyrinth of Magic: The Arabian nights stories meets Anime. Magic, intense fighting, political intrigue, characters with Depth from episode 1 onwards. Ongoing series.

Baccano! + Durarara!: If you watch one, watch the other. If you've seen one but haven't seen the other go do it.

El Cazador de la Bruja: What, who says the Japanese can't use Spanish shit in anime. El Cazador is like Trigun for girls, I say this in the best way possible since Trigun is number 3 of my all time favorite anime. If you aren't ok with girl girl relationships then skip this. (Non ecchi series)

Romance:
    Toradora!: It's probably been mentioned, because it is amazing.

Kaichou wa Maid-Sama: Romantic comedy that plays off of the stereotypes surrounding stellar students and the "Maid Cafe" culture in Japan.

Scifi:
    Stein's; Gate: No spoilers allowed, watch it yourself.

Psycho-Pass: If you haven't seen Ghost in the Shell SAC or Cowboy Bebop watch both of those first. After that watch Psycho-Pass, the culmination of more than a decade of anime work made into sheer, fucking, awesomeness.

Seinen (Shounen but more... adult):
    Jormungand: If you haven't seen Black Lagoon, start there. Guns, and the characters that shoot them.

Mirai Nikki: This is borderline shounen but it gets gruesome and fucked up as hell at some points, an absolute joy to watch.

Deadman Wonderland: Gladiator with superpower humans that use their own blood as weapons, I vomitted once watching this during one character's "Punnishment". Freaking brilliant show.

Shit not animated yet but will be:
    Dangan Ronpa: Based off a PSP game that probably won't get localized in the West due to shit budget and heavy culture shock differences that make the game very troublesome to translate. It's gonna air sometime in 2013 and will VERY LIKELY blow up hard like SAO. Honestly I'm looking forward to this even more than I was for SAO even after reading the SAO light novels. The wait is going to be absolute Despair.
    Last edited by Tsuna; 2013-02-22 at 11:31 AM.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Blah all the people with the "SAO ... Rushed" thing stahp it. The anime did what they could using every chapter available to it from the light novels even including all of the bloody side stories that it could have done fine without. People would be raging so hard if they stuck to the driving plot and wrote a 13 ep series and they would be raging even harder if they put half the content into 52 episodes by Dragon Balling the novels to death. You NEED to read the novels if you want to make any critique on the series, SAO is a book, not a manga or an anime.
    THANK YOU!. someone who gets it. they used ABSOLUTELY everything from the first arc/side stories.
    they couldnt have done any more without alienating the fan base of teh light novels.

Light novel, anime, both are terrible, don't know why you'd want to subject yourself to that. Anyone who says "YOU NEED TO read ___ to critique ___" needs to get a clue, that is such a cop out, any series is open to judgement and critique, if you've read the source or not.

People are allowed to have opinions on something you like that differ from your own you know.

You NEED to read the novels if you want to make any critique on the series, SAO is a book, not a manga or an anime.
    No you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    semi anime related, but si there anyway to know when the next chapter of a manga is going to come out in english? before its actually released?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    semi anime related, but si there anyway to know when the next chapter of a manga is going to come out in english? before its actually released?
    If you mean an official release, then you'd have to follow the publisher's website. If you mean a fan-scan, then you'd have to follow the scanner's site.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Honestly google it is the only way I can think of. I know it sounds dumb, but anime and managa news feel impossible to get. I spent months looking out for an annoucnment of a fairy tail season 2 dub, and I later found out it had been announced in a small news blog 2 months previously. Honestly even if it is announced they seem to be very bad at advertising it. Things like Yahoo answers seem to be the best bet, which really is sad due to how unreliable things like that are

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 12:19 AM ----------

Okay, I need some background noise while I study and I am looking for a fairly action pack anime, Is naruto worth watching? I was told Bleach was terrible by a lot of people and while the filler might be, its second arc is probably one of the best in anime so I am not interested in what fanboy X thinks about Y anime, Instead what do the neutrals think, is it worth watching? Now mind I am not looking for something with a great plot atm, I am happy with good action, some funny one liners etc. Also it seems its second "series" (if you could call it that) naruto shippuden is considered better, can I jump into it without watching the first series without been total lost, ie will there be some small expiation of what is happening

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Honestly google it is the only way I can think of. I know it sounds dumb, but anime and managa news feel impossible to get. I spent months looking out for an annoucnment of a fairy tail season 2 dub, and I later found out it had been announced in a small news blog 2 months previously. Honestly even if it is announced they seem to be very bad at advertising it. Things like Yahoo answers seem to be the best bet, which really is sad due to how unreliable things like that are

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 12:19 AM ----------

Okay, I need some background noise while I study and I am looking for a fairly action pack anime, Is naruto worth watching? I was told Bleach was terrible by a lot of people and while the filler might be, its second arc is probably one of the best in anime so I am not interested in what fanboy X thinks about Y anime, Instead what do the neutrals think, is it worth watching? Now mind I am not looking for something with a great plot atm, I am happy with good action, some funny one liners etc. Also it seems its second "series" (if you could call it that) naruto shippuden is considered better, can I jump into it without watching the first series without been total lost, ie will there be some small expiation of what is happening
    I wouldn't recommend even attempting to watch Shippuuden without going through the first... saga? It would be almost impossible to figure out half of what's going on. The first season or two of Naruto wasn't too bad though, for background noise. The filler episodes in Naruto are some of the worst things ever conceived however.

I'd probably recommend Samurai Champloo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Light novel, anime, both are terrible, don't know why you'd want to subject yourself to that. Anyone who says "YOU NEED TO read ___ to critique ___" needs to get a clue, that is such a cop out, any series is open to judgement and critique, if you've read the source or not.

People are allowed to have opinions on something you like that differ from your own you know.
    Exactly.

I enjoyed the series but I felt there could have been more content on clearing the levels. That was the only part that fell over. It followed the novel well but still its like tower of duraga. I would have liked it if we saw more of the actual tower/dungeon being cleared. but I can't be picky it was still freaking awesome.

Deleted
    Hello,
    I am wanting to start watching an anime but I am not sure which one. The ones that I have watched and really enjoyed are:
    DragonballZ(gt)
    Bleach
    Naruto

I am looking for something that's somewhat similar or same "feel".
    I am not exactly sure what genre they come under, I am a "noob" when it comes to anime compared to most of guys posting here.

So what do you guys think I should watch next?

Thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    have you tried watching Code Geass season 1 and 2 yet crowz? give it a go.

I mean if the story line in the manga SAO was similar to the anime then wouldn't it just mean (in my opinion) that the story would of felt rushed in the manga the same way the anime was?

If they used all ABSOLUTELY everything from the manga then a some what rushed first arc manga translated into a rushed imo anime, who knew.

Keep in mind i have only watched the anime but the people who keep saying that " you need to read the manga" or " they used all the side stories" doesn't really cut it imo. This is a anime thread not a manga, we make critiques on the show not the book. So saying that somebody can't judge SAO in one medium until they experience it in another is the most close minded thing i have ever heard.

If the anime can't stand on its own feet then it's just not a great anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Hello,
    I am wanting to start watching an anime but I am not sure which one. The ones that I have watched and really enjoyed are:
    DragonballZ(gt)
    Bleach
    Naruto

I am not exactly sure what genre they come under, I am a "noob" when it comes to anime compared to most of guys posting here.

Thank you
    Fairy Tail same genre and VERY similar artstyle to One Piece as well.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    I mean if the story line in the manga SAO was similar to the anime then wouldn't it just mean (in my opinion) that the story would of felt rushed in the manga the same way the anime was?

If they used all ABSOLUTELY everything from the manga then a some what rushed first arc manga translated into a rushed imo anime, who knew.

Keep in mind i have only watched the anime but the people who keep saying that " you need to read the manga" or " they used all the side stories" doesn't really cut it imo. This is a anime thread not a manga, we make critiques on the show not the book. So saying that somebody can't judge SAO in one medium until they experience it in another is the most close minded thing i have ever heard.

If the anime can't stand on its own feet then it's just not a great anime.
    Ummmm i'm not sure if SAO even HAS a manga...I think you mean Light Novel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Hello,
    DragonballZ(gt)
    Bleach
    Naruto

Thank you
    All of those fall under the Shounen genre and have adventure/superpowers/action elements to them, and there are tons of similar series out there.
    My list of recommendations would be:
    Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    Fairy Tail
    One Piece
    Gintama
    FMA: Brotherhood

These are all decently long so you shouldn't run out of episodes to watch anytime soon.

The funny thing about SAO is that its haters are the most passionate people I've ever met. Over at MAL some people have been spending hours debating, hating and bashing it - an anime they don't even enjoy. What's the point? "If you disgree, you know nothing about animes and you should be ashamed of yourself". It's not gonna convince fans that the show is bad. Personally I love it, but some people seem to get offended by that.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but what's the difference between manga and light novel? Or rather, what IS a light novel?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

@Coronius. People only disagree so heavily with the praise of SAO due to the fact some people state it is among the best anime of all time. SAO has alot more people singing its praises then it has bashing it. But most of the people I see bash it never call it bad, they just call it average, which it kind of is.