Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    That would be a pretty impressive bit of retcon there, all things considered. I mean. Illidan is quite very dead. I don't imagine that both Akama and Maieve would have been mistaken on this one. Hell, Akama probably had his body burned and his head strung up over the gates of the Black temple after it was all said and done.

I could possibly see some kind of post mortem redemption, were some forgotten plot of Illidans comes to fruit in resulting act of greater good, but the man himself better remain dead.
    We could always explore other timelines.. where Illidan is a good guy

For all you tattoo-requesters out there, I definitely have pics of Tauren and Orcs with tats floating around my screenshot folder somewhere. NPC's, of course, and both out in Northrend (and the Tauren may in fact be a Taunka) but at this point it's not even an issue of Blizzard not wanting to do it, they already have! Just an issue of implementation, which honestly seems like it'd be easy to just slap into the Barbershop. With the rate they come out with new hairstyles that thing barely gets used anyways except by Druids so it'd be nice for more options there.

10+ Year Old Account
    he did lol

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    But.... He didn't have the tattos at that point >.> .... Unless that's a piece of "Knaak-hack" I've missed....
    Dont know what the point you are talking about, but he got tatoos in the same moment he lost his eyes.

Hmm Maybe if they spend so much detail on our old friend, maybe he might be seen some more in the future? not litterly the future but maybe in more Caverns of Time stuff.. Maybe when grabbing the skull of Gul'dan or etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Problems for me is that the pattern seems off....idk if it is but the eye tattoos DEFINITELY were never there. Now I think they should revisit the old illidan model (the one from BC) and fix that.

In a way Blizzard has already taken a step towards redeeming the memory of Illidan.

In the new Cataclysm demon hunter questline in Felwood a demon hunter explains to you Illidan's actions and sacrifice from their point of view, and how the night elves are ungrateful.
    They had a really crappy model too representing Illidan before he get's Guldan's skull, hopefully they replace the quest model with this. With all the demon hunter quests in cataclysm, including the secret Darkshore "path to becoming a demonhunter" scroll and mention of the Dark Embrace, a secret order of demon hunters, I would not surprised to see them having a major presence soon.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 01:37 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    That would be a pretty impressive bit of retcon there, all things considered. I mean. Illidan is quite very dead. I don't imagine that both Akama and Maieve would have been mistaken on this one. Hell, Akama probably had his body burned and his head strung up over the gates of the Black temple after it was all said and done.

I could possibly see some kind of post mortem redemption, were some forgotten plot of Illidans comes to fruit in resulting act of greater good, but the man himself better remain dead.
    Not really. Illidan was wanted by the Burning Legion for a number of things. The Burning Legion has access to your soul, Kil'jaden tortured Nerzhul's soul for long time before imbuing it within the Lich King's armor. I can easily see Kiljaden just waiting for the moment Maive killed Illidan with a big smile on his face. Illidan had many talents, perhaps Kiljaden punished him and then decided to use him again. Or perhaps Illidan was imprisoned in the nether and managed to escape through his cunning. There's plenty of room for storytelling here. Death is no limit.
    Last edited by Yig; 2011-10-14 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALSO a little side note for those who I saw post about his black hair...its supposed to be dark blue. they should fix that too. but overall GREAT model

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I would have like to see his pants a bit lower to see more of his abs and him have a little more butt because that pancake is not working. The female players in WoW get no type of eye candy what so ever. Yeah, I know I should not be looking at pixel butt in a game but really......
    Like the guys do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Like the guys do?
    rly? You don't see the boobies bouncing?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    No. But thats because I raid from looking towards the back end. And wear plate armor. And don't look up close. And don't decisively focus on the chest of the women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    . Death is no limit.
    i mean look at kael over there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why can't our characters look that good? >.<
    I wish they did but there isn't a magic button that could turn each race into better forms like these NPC. Takes way more work to make sure each updated model works properly for every single animation they already have, among other things like gear they wear. Creating a custom model like this one is much easier because he is unique and doesnt have thousands of animations, and only wears one outfit. I do think them making these custom models serves as a template for future class updates though. I can see both Malf and Illi's features being choices whenever they do update the Night elf model. Same for Ysere and the new Tyrande.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

The model looks awesome. It made me wonder why Blizzard made unique model for him if they will just use it 1 time in this dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Random bit of WoW trivia: Female Draenei do not breathe. Noticided this when i was stripping all the gear off one of my alts to delete. Really rather creepy. They have absolutely no independant chest motion. None. Every other female race has some kind of visible breathing motion (even the freaking undead, who dont actually NEED to breathe), but not Female Space Goats.