Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    Square Enix is having financial troubles, right? Don't they realize that a Final Fantasy VII remake and Final Fantasy VI 3D would sell more than a Final Fantasy X remake and Final Fantasy XIII 2: Electric Boogaloo?
    Don't you realize that an HD version for X is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier to make and a lot less costly than a remake (cause that's what it'd be, not a revamp) of FFVII? Plus X was a great game so I don't get what all the fuss is about.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

The fuss is about long-term wish for a revamped earlier FF. While X may make more sense commercially, it's not what people want.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh it's what I want so I don't really give, if you want a good remake of FFVII you'll look at this as a way to improve their financial situation so you can get more out of the remake you so dearly want. If I remember right, I remember there being an interview with one of the dudes from sqaure enix saying that in in order for them to make another FFVII of the caliber that fans want it would take many years of development and planning.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

People go on and on about a ff7 remake dont get me wrong it is one of my favor games but square enix said after final fantasy 7 crisis core and the remake to the movie that was blu ray only that there will be no more FF7 games and that the ff7 remake got scraped. the remake trailer they used years ago was the bonus ending to ff7-cc. i have played ff7-ffx and enjoyed them all *besides some parts of 9 and 8* i welcome a ffx remake i just started ff13 so i cant realy say if ill like ff13-2 at all but i would pick ffx over it just because you know it more then ff13-2 and u know what your getting.

*also befor people start trolling about what i said on ff7 as i said its my favor game and if u look on there website u still mite find the offical post by SE saying there will be no more ff7 games/movies after CC and the remake to the ff7 movie come out*

I like there wont be anymore ff7 cause thats kinda beating a dead horse u cant remake the feeling ff7 gave you the first time u played it*
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2011-10-15 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic sell out. FFX is easier and cheaper to remake, even though FF7 would def sell more. I guess the net gain is more from FFX since you don't have to completely revamp the engine or cinematics and stuff.

Shame on square their true fans have been waiting for a FF6 or 7 remake forever....they redid the older ff's for nes/snes but skipped the two games that left the biggest impressions in most games minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    These games aren't going to be released for a very long time. Not till late or early 2012. I think thats enough time for you to obtain $130 bucks for both games . Assuming if FF 13-2 and 10 are released around at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFX revamped would, in my opinion, prove to be a better investment, as it is a very very good game, and you are guaranteed to get a good 150+ hours of gameplay out of it, as well as being assured of it's quality. God knows how FF 13-2 will turn out, personally I hated FF13, so I'm not looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the games are so far from release (i think) that it makes little sense to make this choice now. that being said i would prefer ff13: versus. over both of them, that games looks awsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIII-2 is being released January 31, 2012.

I loved X and all, but I'm much more looking forward to XIII-2. I liked XIII, not as much as others, but plenty enough to consider it a good game.

Really, though, I'd like an update to XII more than anything. Better graphics means that the ability queuing that occurs later int he game would be gone, and even more end-game content could be added. There was so much world in that game; there were plenty of regions that we never got a chance to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're remaking 10 before anything else?............ I am dissapoint, I really am

They sort of have have done an XII-2 - its for the DS, called XII Revenant Wings. It isn't bad at all - it really is very different, but not bad. You play with about 5 character at a time (i think 5... maybe 4?) and a whole ton of little espers - every Esper in FF XII is back, with a whole ton fo extras - for example, Tiamat is now an esper. Then there's alot of tiny ones - split into three levels, and you fight alongside those. It's basically set on little maps which you have an overview of, and you have to fight your way to an objective. Quite interesting. The gambit concept is there, but you only have one gambit - you basically choose one ability for each of the chars to use, and you can micromanage. Incidentally, there is no progression past levelling and equipment - they gain new abilities as they level. All the old 6 characters are back (Although Fran, Balthier, Ashe and Basch don't join until alot later) + 3 extras, Filo, Kytes, and Llyud. You may remember Filo and Kytes from the start of XII - they are two orphans, and Llyud is a new character.

It's not new, but it's not old either. An interesting play experience. Also, suprisingly tough at some points. The plot is centered around a new Purvama (remember Bhujerba? It's like that, but a floating continent with lots of little islands, not just one city), and the antagonist is some mysterious dude (or not a dude) called the Judge of Wings. Actually quite a cool game. Also, Ba'Gamnan and his motley crew play a much bigger role, as do alot of other minor characters (Filo and Kytes for example, and a few others come back, like Tomaj and Rikken, and ofc Larsa).

It is by no means a full extension of XII, and plays extremely differently, but it does continue the story and is not an embarassment to the title like X-2 was. I actually played Revenant wings before i played XII, which is interesting.

The game is tougher though - with some unique missions, for example, ones where you have to sneak, using only Vaan for example, or where you have only your characters to fight with, and no espers (which make a huge difference. Although towards the end of the game, level 1 Espers become cannon fodder).

Quickenings are more like overdrives too from X.

Anyway. I've spoken enough - but XII is taken care of, in a sense.

Edit : Vaan is now a full sky pirate. Woo.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    They're remaking 10 before anything else?............ I am dissapoint, I really am
    Before anything else? I'm pretty sure IV has been remade twice and there are probably others though I'm not sure which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    Thing is though they seem to have taken Sazh out of FF13-2 (which makes sense because he has a kid) and Sazh was my favorite character in any FF except for Wakka, and being obsessed with trophies as i am be fun to go back through X trying to do the challenging stuff and being rewarded.
    So Sazh is out and by the looks of things Hope has been given a major role -- no sign of Fang either. What is going on at SE?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Before anything else? I'm pretty sure IV has been remade twice and there are probably others though I'm not sure which ones.
    I thought they were just ported to the DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I thought they were just ported to the DS?
    FFIV was also ported to the PSP.

And it'd be a good move of Square to put something on the launch of the Vita. Honestly, I'm really hoping that Disgaea 3 is also a Vita launch title. Would be far more important - 50 hours of playtime vs. 500? No contest.

Final Fantasy 4 (the one with Cecil, Kain, and Rosa) is on the DS.

Deleted
    im definetly get FFX again if it comes out on Xbox, That game is amazing, think ive played it end to end at least 4 times now

FFX was not the best game ever made, but its certainly up there among the best. Perfect in so many ways. The graphics are absolutely fine too. I could only wish for better voice acting and lip syncing, and maybe a way to make the game more challenging? The game is a bit too easy for people who have played it more then once - despite that, its amazing story gives it replay value.

Rikku and Wakka piss me off though.

OMG remaking FF10? Does that mean..... FF7 remake?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    So Sazh is out and by the looks of things Hope has been given a major role -- no sign of Fang either. What is going on at SE?
    Did you finish FFXIII? I don't think you did because if you had then you'd knew the little spoiler...

She sacrifices herself and so does Vanille to save Cocoon from crashing into Gran Pulse