Could I solo Ulduar?

The title says it all. Running about in prot with full 398 gear. Or is it a case of "One does not simply walk into Ulduar!"? Any help will be appriciated.
    Last edited by AutomaticBadger; 2012-01-16 at 05:56 PM.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

FL 10 man, no tower up should be doable coz its a vehicle fight and it scales with gear.

You wont be able to solo decon.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

sorry but I had to quote that:
    "Most prestigious raid title: Jenkins" XD

back to the point - don't think you can solo whole ulduar.. Some fightst - prolly if you're selfheals are good enough.
    FL - piss easy on any char.
    Go ignis next - if you can't beat him - don't bother with rest IMHO.
    Razorscale will be tricky. It's easier on DK - you need someone to take aggro in p2, as pally you can't do that but rely on rng of boss aggroing on dwarfs..
    rest? well I'd say - j ust try it.

Why would I not be able to solo him? Asking not fighting
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

His Tantrum deals damage dependent on your maximum health - you'd have a very hard time healing through that. The other issue comes with dealing with all of the adds - you really can't handle adds, bomb bots, and XT at the same time.

Feel free to prove us all wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    You also cant let them get to him or he'll heal up.

I don't see a Prot Paladin being able to solo much. After WoG got a CD, the ability for a Prot Paladin to solo stuff tanked. I mean, sure, might have been a somewhat warrented nerf, considering I was soloing heroic bosses from half life in a mix off 333 and 346 gear.

Also, pretty sure you can't solo anything with an enrage timer as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a combination of low self healing, low damage output, and low damage reduction. Now, a DK HAS solod most of Ulduar 10, and from what I understand, most of Naxx 25. I believe that Ferals can solo a bit of Ulduar as well. However, the DK has significant damage reduction, self healing, and damage dealing all at the same time. Ferals have significant damage dealing and reduction, and can heal about 25% of thier health for about 5 secs of missing damage reduction/done (Lifebloomx3 and Rejuve with 2/2 NI). In addition, both Ferals and DKs can completly cancel all melee damage with absorbs, while a paladin can only cancel melee damage half the time, and the other half, 30% damage taken.

Removing Block Value was the worse thing Blizz could have done for Paladin/Warrior Soloing of lower lvl content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Removing Block Value was the worse thing Blizz could have done for Paladin/Warrior Soloing of lower lvl content.
    It was a necessary change, though. The amount of block value we'd need to be viable in current content would be... 20,000+. We'd basically be melee immune in older content.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    It was a necessary change, though. The amount of block value we'd need to be viable in current content would be... 20,000+. We'd basically be melee immune in older content.
    You were "melee immune" to some degree in older content at level 70/80. As also other classes were basically "damage immune" to older content via other perks.

So, yeah, ho proper self-healing, low damage output, and survavibility ain't scaling for older content as for other classes, your only bet in Ulduar is FL.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Razorscale will be tricky. It's easier on DK - you need someone to take aggro in p2, as pally you can't do that but rely on rng of boss aggroing on dwarfs..
    A paladin can bubble (not sure if it works), and they can make their aggro invalid with glyphed hand of salvation

He wont be able to solo anything in Ulduar except 1st boss, not with that gear or full 391 gear . There's no maybe , not possible end of story. Possilby at lvl 90 or whatever the next expansion lvl cap will be

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I don't really know what's soloable and whats not since I'm not really versed in prot paladins, but the best way to know is to simplywalk in Ulduar and bash your head against everything !
    ^best advice ever. Still, I don't know what would be doable in that gear.
    And anyone saying you won't be able to do XT because of adds, I basically ignore all adds but pummelers doing it as a druid. Some scrapbots reach him, but the healing isn't a big deal, and bomb bots reaching him damage him slightly and kill any scrapbots behind them. If you get lucky, you could in theory kill all the scrapbots with bomb bots reaching him .
    I do have the advantage of kitty form though. Tried heartbreaker and was able to kill the heart about 75% through the phase, pretty sure a prot pally isn't pulling that kinda heart dps.

Hm.. Tantrum is physical damage. Could you alternate Bubble/HoP and completely negate two in a row? 1 minute CD on tantrum means forbearance should go away, and you have a wealth of other cds for the remaining tantrums. Worth a shot, just be sure to push heart damage as best as you can to avoid the 10 minute enrage. I'd think blowing up bombs with AS would work well too, to handle the adds.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2011-10-17 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about ulduar, haven't tried it on a protadin since early cata (whilst leveling \o/, killed XT002 with a spriest helping at level 82 xD), but I know there's a video floating around of a protadin soloing marrowgar. If you spec right (Last word in holy basically doubles your selfhealing at low hp), you can do a LOT more selfhealing than you might expect. Beyond that, gearing for crit and haste is always a nice thing, especially if you have to get off some casted heals in a pinch.

Also, make use of the secondary benefit of crusade, the 300% holy lights.

Mending on weapon, improved wog talent with absorb, seal of insight with glyph, wog glyphed. Should still be a lot of self-heal even with the cd on wog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Not sure about ulduar, haven't tried it on a protadin since early cata (whilst leveling \o/, killed XT002 with a spriest helping at level 82 xD), but I know there's a video floating around of a protadin soloing marrowgar. If you spec right (Last word in holy basically doubles your selfhealing at low hp), you can do a LOT more selfhealing than you might expect. Beyond that, gearing for crit and haste is always a nice thing, especially if you have to get off some casted heals in a pinch.

Also, make use of the secondary benefit of crusade, the 300% holy lights.
    never did it on my pala...but marrowgar is pretty easy, done it with druid(bear) , dk and hunter with terrorpene

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there has been enough conclusive tries recently... give it a go and share your impressions I guess?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of ulduar is actually doable as a paladin, personally ive done FL, XT, Ignis, Razor, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir, Freya and Mimiron, using Full dps set, souldrinker and Warmaster Normal shield (dps gear mostly 397)
    XT really isnt easy as long as u can rotate CD's on tantrums or just use Seal of insight during them
    Razor is tricky, but if u time Bubble right in p2 u can avoid getting 5th stack by making a dwarf get the 5th instead
    Ignis is easy just keep killing the adds Seal of insight when low on HP
    Kologarn is easy as well, stand there take beams nuke the body seal of Insight if needed
    Auriaya can be tricky, but when first set of Cats die the most of the damage is really gone
    Hodir is probably the hardest, he does alot of damage, has alot of HP and enrage timer can be a challenge
    Freya.. lol easy if u know how to deal with her Adds, Trash is alot more of a pain to do
    Mimiron is funfest p1 u want CD's on the plasma beam, and run out of shockwaves, p2 keep running behind him, p3 get the Cores from mobs ASAP to bring head down, p4 keep up Corruption stacks, judgement and avenger shield head, only switch to seal of Insight IF REALLY NEEDED

Vexaz should be doable as well but havent tried cause of Thorim
    Thorim im not sure, but MIGHT be doable as engineer with Speed pots but im not sure bout surviving damage at end of the fight.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Deleted
    Some bosses are easy to solo others not, you may have to go prot to beat some.

I have 2man most of ulduar bosses some we even done it in hardmode, me retri paladin + hunter for most achvs.

My friend hunter was trying to solo Hodir so we had to go and clear some bosses first.

you can solo FL, razorscare is probably doable same with ignaris. has for XT I don't know since you have to kill adds so boss doesnt heal and if you go kill them boss comes with you try and have seal of righteouse up save 3 HP and divine storm + holy wrath real fast to kill the adds don't know if you have the dps to kill them instant. You can't solo Arcades he grabs you and you will die. The cat lady is doable, same with freaya, has for the others I don't think you can do it since you don't have pets to tank adds / boss.

This thread is from October of last year. Locked.