Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From what I've seen... you seem to do better dps than him in general, but on Yor'sajh and Hagara for example you seem to get these extremely low troughs which contribute to a lower average dps... and looking at them in more detail, you didn't use your gcds effectively which suggests slack, distraction, lack of practice, one of those anyway. He seems to spam buttons, you don't D:

Also, good job on Ultraxion in general, but y u no use recklessness? (Logs doesn't indicate usage of reck)

Syncing DC with creche is something that can't always happen because of the fact that you can't control the proc... creche activates almost as soon as you enter combat, which means if you want to sync DC you'll want to use it at the start as well (which will remove the rage deficit which usually occurs when you start an encounter) and as creche has an approximate icd of 110 seconds, it fits perfectly with the cd of DC :-) On Hagara for instance, I'd say saving your DC for the 15 sec stun is a better practice than using it at the start, even though you won't be able to fit it with creche.

As for Madness... I like to save it for "cheesing executes on the claw", I think this one is personal preference, as long as you manage to fit reck 3 times in this encounter which usually lasts... 11 - 12 mins.

Also, let me tell you that 2 arms warriors for a 10 man group is a bad setup >.<

Finally, I have a feeling that you're technically a better arms warrior than him, but you can tell he's more experienced from things such as more spellweave damage due to more brostorms than you, you should plan the encounter and think of when to use your abilities, he's only beating you on fights with aoe and you don't even have blood and thunder specced or a bone-link fetish (I think) so you can forget beating him in aoe encounters D:

Hope I helped

Deleted
    Ye, some fights i've never been dps until this guild, (mor, war, madness) so he has bit more experience.
    And on ultra, i started stacking executioner, then see him at 4%, so didnt bother, slack on my behalf
    Again you're correct, yorsahj i had to run for the first time, going bit on autopilot, i choose different than what was called on vent.

We're currently 4 tanks, some switching come mop, hence the rather odd raid comp.
    He does have bonelink, unsure if he was aoe specced. I have neither.

Guess i just have to practice more, with buff it doesn't matter much, but still dont enjoy being 2nd
    Ty for the input
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-08-05 at 08:29 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, new Fury Warrior here (previously Prot/Arms). Hopefully someone sees this that can provide some insight as to why my number are so bad and I apologize in advance for this being so long. My warrior alt has always been Prot/Arms except for a brief stint before Cata (I am a main tank on my pala). I am not sure if I am just not managing my CD's and rotations properly or if this is just what I can expect with the latest changes. I'm hoping one of the warrior gurus can help me out.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2013-01-14 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    Since noone as answered you in a few days, ill give it a shot.

First of all i suggest you visit the new fury sticky, well written and tons of info.

First thing i noticed is that your at 13.5% hit, the cap is 7.5, even for fury, should give you some extra stats to allocate.
    The fight lasted 804 second, BT has a 4.5cd but lets say 5 to make it smoother, thats 160.8 potential BT uses, you did 97.
    Thats lots of rage that could be spent on other abilities.

I've just macroed DC to HS tbh, so far i've yet to miss the 3 uses it gives.
    BT and CS both can proc enrage, so if neither procced enrage, and enrage is not active, use BR.

I would use the VP trinket over EOU, specially seeing as your rocking the lfr version (VP even beats hc version).
    If you're constantly near capping/capping rage you should use HS and WS more often.

You're executes on madness is lower compared to what it could be.
    If i dont get a creche proc that syncs up with cataclysm, i rotate in recklessness for 600k-1,2 million crits, largest i found in your log was 500k crits.

Hope that helps, if you try asking in the sticky fury guide for mop, im sure someone can give you more detailed help there
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-09-04 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    First thing i noticed is that your at 13.5% hit, the cap is 7.5, even for fury, should give you some extra stats to allocate.
    White hits still need more hit, just as they did before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    White hits still need more hit, just as they did before.
    you don't need to get over the yellow hit cap its not worth it

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice. I made some adjustments for our clear last night and it went much better than it did previously. WoL is broken so unfortunately I cannot pull my actual numbers but watching my meters and the output I did notice a nice difference. It seemed on a few attempts that RNG didn't really like me to much. On one I pulled 62K and on another I pulled 54K even though I didn't change anything.

As for the 13.5% hit, I actually did that because I thought it would help on spine. It did, but it would suck to have to reforge every time so now I'm leaving it at 7.5

If only I could actually get a weapon or trinket upgrade, life would be good.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2012-09-05 at 06:54 PM.

Is this thread still active? I'm in need of help with Fury at 90 ilvl 464, on Normal Mogu'shan Vaults. I will post more detail when confirmed that the thread is indeed still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritanik View Post
    Is this thread still active? I'm in need of help with Fury at 90 ilvl 464, on Normal Mogu'shan Vaults. I will post more detail when confirmed that the thread is indeed still active.
    And if it is, as an Arms warrior I'd like to know how I'm managing to be 10k behind everyone else. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    And if it is, as an Arms warrior I'd like to know how I'm managing to be 10k behind everyone else. :I
    I feel you my Damage is horrid in both specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greetings, fellow warriors, brothers in arms.

Boy its been a week since people posted here...If your damage is low as a warrior, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. But I can help! Post your logs or send me a tell. Heck I'd even be willing to help over skype.

Deleted
    @ Darkfriend. I would like to offer you a challenge that would benefit the both of us.

First of all: Im Prot. Not Arms, not Fury.

So, right now we are on Gara'jal the Spiritbinder and we only lack a little bit of dps to down it. My question is about my burst with very little or zero Vengeance. The boss casts Voodoo Doll on our DK tank and then i have to wait 1 minute before it's my turn to tank (taunt immune). During this 1 minute i peak at 70k dps and end around 40k. I would like to improve this part a bit.

What I aim to do at the pull tomorrow: I prepot Str-pot, leap through the boss, taunt and stand with my back against the boss, get 1 or 2 hits before my dk taunts and get the voodoo doll. I do this to gain some Vengeance. After the taunt i swap to Battle Stance, stack 3 Sunders, fire of a Shattering Throw and finally pop Skull Banner.

Remember that im kind of in a hurry since my attack power is about to drop. I pop Reck, Bloodbath (going with Avatar tomorrow I think), Berserker Rage and Dragon Roar. When not tanking I dump rage with Heroic Strike.

The reason I use these abilities when not tanking is because the enrage timer is 6 minutes. So rather than waiting until the boss is on me to pop this i want to use it at the start in order to use Reck twice. Also we pop BL at the pull.

Is there ANY way you think I could improve my burst/overall damage?

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1xsdezgf9yheglh6/ . Any suggestions to spec, rotation, abilities, glyphs, anything would help, really.

final note: Im mostly going to use Shield Block tomorrow. Today i used Barrier mainly because of the large amount of Vengeance, but i'd rather get some more Enrages along with Shield Slams with Heavy Repecussion-glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd charge first, than heroic leap, during your combo, to get the bonus rage from charge and the bonus damage from all your CDs. Make sure skull banner is down before you DR so that it benefits from the 20% crit damage bonus. Also, I think using shattering blow is only worth it during bloodlust with a lot of melee.

I havn't played prot in over a year, so can't really tell you anything else specific to prot. Are you using Heroic Throw when you have no GCD to fill?

Granted all these will be very minor DPS increases, but they are increases.

Deleted
    Hehe thanks for at least taking your time to look at it, mate.

Yeah usually I Heroic Leap and charge at the same time.

Im currently doing the things you've mentioned but will discuss with my BM Hunter and Rogue about Shattering Throw. Maybe i should delay it until my Vengeance hits zero. But then again, their trinketprocs and what not could be down, MEH ! I got no problems rotation wise when I'm tanking. It's this offtanking that bothers me

10+ Year Old Account
    After some stupid wipes on Gara'jal due to low DPS tonight I wanted to see if there's any glaring improvements I can make. Here's a link to my armory, the first 2 bosses and the 2 best Gara'jal attempts:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...slash/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2990&e=3375 Stone Guard
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3781&e=4271 Feng
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5160&e=5521 Gara'jal 1
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7476&e=7837 Gara'jal 2

I went with Avatar for the fights because Stoneguard doesn't matter that much, Feng is about Phase 3 and killing him ASAP, and Gara'jal is about the sub 20% enrage (we only got there 1 time though...)
    I think my Enrage uptime is at best decent. In Simcraft, it says I should have a ~74% ish uptime on a Patchwerkish boss and the closest MSV comes to the is Stone Guard, and I had 67% uptime there, but on the other fights it drops a lot (Feng due to movement, Gara'jal because of going in and out, and later on due to burnout due to no progress/stupid). I did NOT go inside at all on the best attempt (1), and in later tries when I did go inside I delayed my big damage CDs to get the most out of the buff. Given I am still learning the encounter fully and trying to completely master basic Fury I am not doing things like using Heroic Leap on single target or using the raging wind glyph.

Some of my CD usage is rather sloppy I know but I haven't gotten around to making macros just yet, redid my comp only recently.

I have 2 Dancing Steel scrolls but I am not wasting them on blue weapons, and I should be able to buy the Golden Lotus ring soon. I am not using the 250str food right now because it's rather pricy and if the other DPS aren't doing good enough 50 str isn't going to make a kill happen - not when your best attempt is ~15%.

Ah jeez, just realized I am missing crit to cloak. Crap, just got that today. And after reading some I think I am going back to Windsong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Hello -

I'm having some trouble with my offspec, Fury.

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Blave/simple

Here's a log of my on the Feng fight:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1485&e=1945

I know my gear is lacking in many spots (it's my offspec,) but I'm wondering, based on what is in the logs, what I can do better?

I am doing some stance dancing (Battle -> Berserker) while taking damage. I am not sure if this is hurting me, but I figured it would help with rage generation.

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    The LFR trinket you have is worse than the Carbonic Carbuncle off SB last boss, the boots from SNT (last boss, the guy who blows you around) are much better than your boots, the 476 crafted chest is better than your current chest, and you should get the 476 crafted gloves. You're also missing a lot of enchants and are over hit cap by 1% and under exp cap by roughly the same amount. Dont' reforge crit unless you have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garrotte View Post
    Hello -

I'm having some trouble with my offspec, Fury.

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Blave/simple

Here's a log of my on the Feng fight:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1485&e=1945

I know my gear is lacking in many spots (it's my offspec,) but I'm wondering, based on what is in the logs, what I can do better?

I am doing some stance dancing (Battle -> Berserker) while taking damage. I am not sure if this is hurting me, but I figured it would help with rage generation.

Thank you!
    Looking at your armory, I noticed that you're slightly over expertise cap and pretty far over hit cap. I would suggest installing ReforgeLite and using that to help you get as close as possible to them before your next raid/dungeon/whatever. I know that you stated that this is an offspec but there's no enchants at all on any of the gear. That alone will make a marginal increase in your DPS. Next thing I noticed was your gems; Fury gemming scheme is crit > strength. Seeing as your only piece of gear with a yellow socket is your chest, I would replace the strength JC gem in your helm and shoulders with the Smooth Serpent's Eye cut. Exchange your red socket gems with the Crafty cut (Expertise/Crit) and your blue socket gems with the Piercing cut (Hit/Crit). This will allow you to obtain caps easier as well as not having to reforge away from the better secondary stats on your gear.

From your logs, one thing really stuck out to me from other people who I've helped: You make great use of your Berserker Rage to maximize your Enrage uptime. You did not clip it a single time. Good job!

Starting with your opener, I can see that you do effectively stack your CDs. However, the whole point of doing that is so your your initial Dragon Roar and Colossus phase hits incredibly hard. This is where all of that immediate burst comes from. You did about 106k burst and your opener looked like this:

Code:
    [22:13:56.599] Blave casts Charge on Feng the Accursed
    [22:13:57.079] Blave casts Berserker Rage
    [22:13:57.189] Blave casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [22:13:58.679] Blave casts Colossus Smash on Feng the Accursed
    [22:13:59.089] Blave casts Deadly Calm
    [22:13:59.229] Blave casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:00.209] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:00.209] Blave casts Raging Blow Off-Hand on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:00.209] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:00.779] Blave casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:01.679] Blave casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:01.849] Blave casts Bloodbath
    [22:14:02.359] Blave casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:02.909] Blave casts Recklessness
    [22:14:03.279] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:03.279] Blave casts Raging Blow Off-Hand on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:03.279] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:04.689] Blave casts Dragon Roar
    [22:14:05.559] Blave casts Heroic Leap
    [22:14:06.309] Blave casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:07.779] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:07.779] Blave casts Raging Blow Off-Hand on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:07.779] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:07.789] Blave casts Skull Banner
    [22:14:09.279] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:09.299] Blave casts Raging Blow Off-Hand on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:09.299] Blave casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [22:14:10.789] Blave casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    Now I mean, 106k DPS is cool and all but whats even cooler is doubling or even tripling that in the first few seconds. This is where using and knowing about your CDs comes in handy. So lets look at what we have to work with.

Skull Banner - 20% Critical Damage for 10 seconds. Off the GCD.
    Recklessness - 50% Critical chance for 12 seconds (30% for 18 seconds if glyphed). Off the GCD.
    Deadly Calm - Reduces the cost of your next 3 Heroic Strike/Cleave by 10 rage. Off the GCD.
    Bloodbath - Puts 30% of your damage done in the next 12 seconds into a ticking DoT that continues for 6 seconds after the buff expires. Off the GCD.
    Dragon Roar - Guaranteed crit AoE ability that passively bypasses all armor. ON the GCD.

From here you see that Dragon Roar auto crits, meaning that using it during Reck is a waste of a GCD. Also, it bypasses all armor so you'll want to not waste a GCD during CS as well. This puts it ahead of both of those in the priority list. Skull banner makes all crits do 20% more damage so that'll have to come before DR along with Bloodbath since you want to do as much damage with it up as possible so you get that bleed hitting as hard as possible. So right now we have: Skull Banner + Bloodbath -> Dragon Roar -> Recklessness -> CS... Now as I said before, you really want to stack that Dragon Roar with as many CDs as possible. This means using str or AP trinkets just before with Banner and BB would be the perfect time.

Now that you've got that down, you'll want to hit Recklessness and then CS. Having that much crit is almost guaranteed to proc enrage every time you hit BT and most of the time when you hit CS so you're not going to want to waste a Berserker Rage while its up. All of those Enrage procs are going to give you a ton of excess rage so using Deadly Calm during Colossus is going to be most beneficial since procs and buffs are still rolling as well as it bypassing all armor. Using Heroic Leap during the first CS is a good idea as well (especially if you have it glyphed). From this point on, you go about the normal rotation of pooling rage and dumping into CS.

This same concept of CD stacking applies to execute phase as well. If you know that a CD is about to come off of its cooldown, and it will not be back up again before the bosses health reaches 20%, SAVE IT. Bloodbath, Recklessness, trinkets, Skull Banner, Avatar, anything. Save them all. This will allow your Executes to hit like a truck and you'll see a huge spike in DPS. Judging how much time you have left in an encounter before 20% takes some practice but when in doubt, just save the CDs.

Hope this helped a little and good luck with your DPS!

Deleted
    Hi! My friends has had major problem with his dps, and we (his friends) don't think he's doing the dps that his gear is capable of doing. Here's his logs for feng and armory.

www worldoflogs.com/reports/3no4fbd2hociix3k/details/14/?s=731&e=1227

eu battle net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Muschet/advanced

Can't post links yet...
    Last edited by mmoc44ce42ecbd; 2012-10-23 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiteki View Post
    Hi! My friends has had major problem with his dps, and we (his friends) don't think he's doing the dps that his gear is capable of doing. Here's his logs for feng and armory.

www worldoflogs.com/reports/3no4fbd2hociix3k/details/14/?s=731&e=1227

eu battle net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Muschet/advanced

Can't post links yet...
    Looked over logs and it seems like your friend doesn't know how to use his CDs effectively.

That's what his usage looks like. On an 8 min fight, he should be using Recklessness twice (once at the start and the other saved for execute phase), Avatar 3 times, and all 2 min cooldowns at least 3 if not 4 times. It looks like he's got the idea right for CD stacking, just doesn't do it more than once.

Basically, you want to use your CDs during the fight when your Dragon Roar is about to come off CD (preferably just before a CS window) but at the same time, make sure that there is going to be enough time for that CD to be up again for when the boss hits 20%. He should also be pooling rage and delaying CS to just under cap immediately before execute phase so that he can dump it all with those fully buffed executes. That seemed to be one of the big issues with his damage because at his current gear level, his average Execute crits should not be hitting for only ~180k lol.