Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You seem to be doing something wrong with raging blow. Taking Nazgrim you stay on 2 stacks of raging blow for about 10 secs and you do that 6 times in the fight, that's pretty terrible. You should aim to stay at 1 stack and use RB whenever you get 2 stacks. Go into a CS with 1 stack and if the BT before CS and the BT during CS crit you get the 3 RBs you need if one fails to crit use berserker rage to make up for that.

For comparison
    Pricy 42 RBs
    Davski 39 RBs
    Milolady 29 RBs
    And it's not just more crits/procs, Davski had the same number of crits but used berserker rage 5 more times and used another 5 more RBs on top of that.

Checking the first 30 secs of the fight (see below trimmed it up a little and removed HS) you seem to be doing some things wrong as well. NINE sec gap at 20:53:05, don't think I loose more then 2 gcds when nazgrim does his heroic shockwave. During both CS you delay BT for no good reason just go BT>CS>RB>BT>RB>RB or if you have stormbolt and 2RB stacks BT>CS>RB>BT>stormbolt>RB. You have 1 empty gcd during reck at 20:53:03 and I would use reck+banner+CS at the same time.

[20:52:53.610] Milolady casts Recklessness
    [20:52:53.648] Milolady casts Skull Banner
    [20:52:53.736] Milolady casts Bloodthirst on General Nazgrim
    [20:52:55.810] Milolady casts Colossus Smash on General Nazgrim
    [20:52:57.528] Milolady casts Storm Bolt on General Nazgrim
    [20:52:58.713] Milolady casts Raging Blow on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:00.203] Milolady casts Bloodthirst on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:01.785] Milolady casts Raging Blow on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:05.093] Milolady casts Bloodthirst on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:14.520] Milolady casts Wild Strike on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:15.779] Milolady casts Bloodthirst on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:17.282] Milolady casts Colossus Smash on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:18.814] Milolady casts Raging Blow on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:20.401] Milolady casts Raging Blow on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:21.941] Milolady casts Bloodthirst on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:23.516] Milolady casts Wild Strike on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:24.827] Milolady casts Wild Strike on General Nazgrim
    [20:53:26.808] Milolady casts Wild Strike on General Nazgrim
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-10-01 at 07:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that makes sense. I've kinda been afraid of using RB outside of CS at all in fear of not having any going into CS, but with Zerker rage and stuff...

I have a tendency to be afraid of abilities and be extra(Needlessly) cautious, but tonight I'm going to go in a bit more brave(Not stupid brave...but brave) and try my best to fix the RB problem. Thank you ^^
    Last edited by seam; 2013-10-01 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. I've kinda been afraid of using RB outside of CS at all in fear of not having any going into CS, but with Zerker rage and stuff...

I have a tendency to be afraid of abilities and be extra(Needlessly) cautious, but tonight I'm going to go in a bit more brave(Not stupid brave...but brave) and try my best to fix the RB problem. Thank you ^^
    Think of it this way. You want 1 RB charge saved before you hit the BT before CS. If you have 2 RB charges, spend one before you hit BT again.

Deleted
    is the 4p bonus worth getting as smf ?

i am currently running with a xifeng (normal wf ) and shellsplinter greataxe ( hc tf ) , no EoG , 2p from gloves and helm , legs from Malkorok and chest from dark shamans
    (all normal mode no wf ) .

i got set chest and legs too but is the 4p bonus worth get crap stats you get ? for tg its not but smf ?

Hey Pykno,

4p bonus seems to be pretty good for smf as that spec is oriented about bursting at executes phase, also stats on set leggs arent bad at all. I would say, stay with 4piece untill You get warforged offpiece on chest from Ordos or D Shamans

Deleted
    yes the legs are decent , i was more refering to the chest but i guess you are right

hi, i'm at a bit of a loss here. I started playing warrior last tier (i had previously play a ret), and i feel like i'm constantly behind where i should be considering my (quite good) gear.

i'm fairly sure its me mis managing my gcds during cs windows since i've had problems with that before, but beyond that i might be using abilities slowly due to inexperience. i'm at a bit of a loss about how to fix either since i don't know any awesome dps warriors i can talk to.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qj3s9ku4mj0kvhzb/
    heroic sha of pride wipes.

my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vanhi/advanced
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

On the 2 longest tries you die, one time from reflections and one time from debuff+swelling pride. Use defensive stance if you have to when swelling pride comes or shieldwall/die by the sword. But I'm sure you are aware of that

Your timing on bloodbath is a little off it should always have a CS in the 12 sec duration, stormbolt is better but I see you picked that up now. You want to use berserker rage during bladestorm if it's available, no reason not to be enraged and lack 40% extra damage when you use your best ability. Looking at try13 in the expression editor your ability usage is a mess:
    -first CS you use BT-CS-RB-RB-BT-wild strikex3 you delay BT for no good reason and don't use berserker rage to get your 3rd RB into the CS
    -second CS you use BT-RB-CS-RB-BT-RB-WSx3-BT because you use CS 1 gcd too late you don't get 3RBs into it and you delay the last BT too much you should use only 2 wild strikes in that case instead of 3
    - You also consistently use your first heroic strike 0.2 secs before CS might want to work on the timing there
    - third CS you use BT-CS-RB-RB-BT-RB you get 3RBs in at least but you delay BT for no good reason it should be BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB.

With stormbolt and your Galakras trinket I would focus on getting every CS like this BT-CS-RB-BT-SB-RB. Hope it helps

While doing sims on everyone in my raid group, it appears our warrior is underperforming a bit. Simcraft says he should be doing 220k dps Patchwerk and on our latest Malkorok kill, he did less than 180k. He is Arms (though he just got a 2nd 2h - is switching to Fury a good idea?), 2pc T16, 2pc T14, EoG. I will note that he had a 548 weapon when he did Malkorok and the sim was run with a 553 (NOT 561), so while he did upgrade weapon it wasn't a full tier upgrade.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thian/advanced
    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/9wld572hoeeartin/

There are other WoLs for this week under that guild as well. Not sure why they were uploaded in pieces. Any of the 10m raids are ours.

Talking to him, a point of confusion seems to be why Overpower should be used over Slam during CS. By both of our math, Slam should be better but SimC says otherwise as do guides. WHY is this? He was prioritizing Slam during it.

Could that be the reason? Do you guys see anything else wrong with it?

I don't play Warrior so your help is definitely appreciated. Thank you all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone like that tell him to do his research. Have him learn fury and read the guide on mmo-c. It's not worth dissecting his logs at this junction.

Thanks for your help.

Actually that didn't help. Why is the priority that way? I did, after all, ask that question. "Go fury" is about the least helpful thing I've heard. He uses Slam because, on its face, it should be higher DPS. So...why is it not? And is there anything other than that? He's already switching that priority but that doesn't mean there's anything else.

EDIT: Actually, MMO-C guide says to use slam during CS. So...why is he not worthy of your help?
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2013-10-16 at 06:34 AM.

1. He doesn't use pots
    2. He has a bad execute phase with just one crit
    3. Compare his damage plot against hunter, he seems to stop dps on boss for a period of time. Was he out of range because he soaked up a pool? Or did he get the debuff during p2, ran out and thus stopped dpsing?

More importantly, it doesn't really matter because he is going fury and should be using fury spec for most bosses/single target anyway.

As for slam vs. overpower: the difference is rather close if you ask me. I personally just slam all the way.

As for meeting sim dps: you need to know that for malkorok, you are whacking from front sometimes so you suffer glancing hits. Also, sims assume patchwork.. Malkorok has movement and soaking mechanics. Also the debuff on p2.

It is not as patchwork as you think it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    While doing sims on everyone in my raid group, it appears our warrior is underperforming a bit. Simcraft says he should be doing 220k dps Patchwerk and on our latest Malkorok kill, he did less than 180k. He is Arms (though he just got a 2nd 2h - is switching to Fury a good idea?), 2pc T16, 2pc T14, EoG. I will note that he had a 548 weapon when he did Malkorok and the sim was run with a 553 (NOT 561), so while he did upgrade weapon it wasn't a full tier upgrade.

There are other WoLs for this week under that guild as well. Not sure why they were uploaded in pieces. Any of the 10m raids are ours.

Talking to him, a point of confusion seems to be why Overpower should be used over Slam during CS. By both of our math, Slam should be better but SimC says otherwise as do guides. WHY is this? He was prioritizing Slam during it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your help.

Actually that didn't help. Why is the priority that way? I did, after all, ask that question. "Go fury" is about the least helpful thing I've heard. He uses Slam because, on its face, it should be higher DPS. So...why is it not? And is there anything other than that? He's already switching that priority but that doesn't mean there's anything else.

EDIT: Actually, MMO-C guide says to use slam during CS. So...why is he not worthy of your help?
    Because people who are that bad and that lazy simply aren't worth the 20+ minutes to help. Have him read a guide to see where he's messing up. It's fairly obvious. (He's playing arms for one.)

There are so many people who ask for help but want the information spoon fed. Very few of us actually spoon feed answers. Have him look at the guides first.

You see, this thread isn't "Teach me everything I or this person is doing wrong." This thread is "I think I know what I'm doing but I'm not sure why I'm not doing better in X case, and maybe Y talent would be better here" etc.

TL;DR, because this thread isn't a "teach me how to play" thread.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-10-16 at 06:44 PM.

He didn't have two weapons. Should he still have been fury? Quit being a jackass. As far as I can tell he's following the guide perfectly. He told me his priorities and it matches what the guide here says. It doesn't match what simcraft says. Why are they different? Quit being an incredible jackass. I know him. He's been in top 100 guilds for years. He's undoubtedly a better player than you. Just not at arms dps maybe.

If you'd like to not help, by all means that's your choice. But you come off as an elitist moron when you say stupid shit like that without knowing anything. Be helpful like the other guy who replied or just don't post. You're not in a position to judge the quality of a raider or the amount of effort put forth with only what I've given.

Am I wrong? Prove it then. If he's not following the guide as he says and appears to be doing, then tell me why not.

You're not in a position to judge the quality of a raider or the amount of effort put forth with only what I've given.
    Considering the guy in question can't even be bothered to post here himself, yeah, that's about enough information to deduce that he's lazy or doesn't care.

He's been in top 100 guilds for years
    Maybe as a social member, looking at his achievement dates.
    Last edited by Kalmah; 2013-10-17 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The guide tells why OP > Slam.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-10-17 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't have two weapons. Should he still have been fury? Quit being a jackass. As far as I can tell he's following the guide perfectly. He told me his priorities and it matches what the guide here says. It doesn't match what simcraft says. Why are they different? Quit being an incredible jackass. I know him. He's been in top 100 guilds for years. He's undoubtedly a better player than you. Just not at arms dps maybe.

If you'd like to not help, by all means that's your choice. But you come off as an elitist moron when you say stupid shit like that without knowing anything. Be helpful like the other guy who replied or just don't post. You're not in a position to judge the quality of a raider or the amount of effort put forth with only what I've given.

Am I wrong? Prove it then. If he's not following the guide as he says and appears to be doing, then tell me why not.
    O.o top 100. Not with those dates on the achievement. Or the fact that the guild he's in is actually rank 2200 U.S 10m. Maybe as a casual/fill rank. But that means even less than being "top 100" If I need to get people to vouch, I can. Or you can look at my logs. Heck, I've taught many of the people on these boards who are in top guilds. Oh, only weekends? How cute. My DK alt raids in the #1 short hour guild in the U.S.

I help those who actually want help, not those too lazy to even read a guide.

Not that you're going to get any help now.

Although to be more polite, as said before:

1.) The guide says why. Since either he/you couldn't find it, it's because due to the way 2p, CS, and number of abilities you can fit inside a CS, along with the increased number of CS procs through SD, OP+HS beats slam. Not to mention the reduced CD on MS.

2.) Generally a raid leader posting a "help my raider" is frowned upon. Why? Because it's generally hard to convey that information through a third party who probably doesn't play the class to begin with, and things often get lost. As well, it shows a certain lack of regard for both those who want to put in time to help others when the person in question can even be arsed to even TRY to find the answer, or ask the question.

3.) Actual detailed log analysis takes a lot of time. Depending on everything you're doing and the depth of detail required, it can take over an hour. That's why detailed logs are something I don't do for free anymore. There are plenty of people who are willing to pay for the time I could have spent working on other warrior stuff. Basic stuff is easy. Basic stuff though generally only helps those who are either good already, and just wanting to know minor things they are missing (Such as not prioritizing HS v WS correctly, wrong CS combo, etc). When I look at someone who clearly is that far behind knowledgewise, rather than spend 2+ hours teaching them over skype/in game (Yes, notice the siggy I do help in game) I tell them to read the guide.

4.) Reading the guide helps. Again, it saves everyone time when people can ask a specific question, or at least present logs that show they have a general idea and want more detailed help rather than simply "IDK WTF TO DO FIX PLZ".

Which leads to 5

5.) No one has time to spend fixing people that clueless. Not meaning it as offensive or anything. It is simply the blunt truth.

I ain't giving away fish. Have him learn to fish, and we can help.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-10-17 at 08:22 AM.

For some weird reason I get the feeling like Xaru is asking help for him self but is just speaking about this "friend" who needs help.

You are asking help & tips and when someone gives you those you reply with "Quit being a jackass.". -_-

If he would be following the guide so "perfectly" then the DPS would not suck.
    Last edited by pulshu; 2013-10-17 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For instance, I could not figure out why I was doing 15k less than a similar geared warrior (albeit a great warrior) on Iron jugg. I did the comparison myself, drew all the conclusions I could, and I was still at a loss. At that point, I reached out to our bretheren to find out I am too conservative with my raging blows and could possibly be more liberal with wild strike usage, in addition to a little RNG.

Deleted
    Hello fellow warriors!

I would appreciate any given tips.
    Im sorry for any wrong in my spelling and i apologice for that before we begin!

im playing a fury warrior, Item level atm 555. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obler/advanced

I expect me do do a lot more damage on singe target fights wit my gear but it seems like i just cant get higher then i do. If you look at my Iron Juggernaut kill^
    I did soak a few bombs but that shouldent bring my dps down that much i think.

Here is the WoL from yesterday, Been watching alot of videos and reading up on guides but i think i got huge issues with optimizing my CS window. And also my CDs parses,

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qs...v0/details/78/

I think im doing something critical wrong with stacking my CDs withing my CS window.
    Im not sure why this happends, But im doing something wrong.

I would like to get some feedback on what i should be thinking off at the start of the pull and how to get maximum damage of my CS windows. (I just got the Evil Eye of Galakras Normal trinket yesterday).

With some constuctive feedback for this i believe i can increase my performance alot but i really dont know the best way to solve the difficulties im experiencing :/

If you need any more information in order to help me i will do my best to get you the required information.

Thanks alot in advance
    /Hoobler