Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hoobler, just looking through the fights on your log your numbers look very decent so I don't think there's really anything majorly wrong. If you look at my Iron Juggernaut 10m kill back in 9/21, I was probably around 550-555 ilevel back then as well and I logged 264k, ranked top 10 back then. You aren't ranking now because your gear has fallen behind. Your 522 trinket needs a big upgrade for eg. And you mentioned soaking, so that's some dps loss right there for doing mechanics which is a good thing. There's some tips and tricks which I learnt subsequently 1) charge the moment you get knocked back to reduce downtime and 2) berserker stance in p2 which can probably help up your dps a little.

As for N galakras trinket , I use my SB on cooldown. It will always fall within my CS window.

Again, the experts would probably go through your logs but I jus want to to tell you that on the surface, your ilevel/numbers look pretty okay. Don't think there's any major thing you do wrong.

We 3heal immerseus heroic, lots of healing blobs near the end anyway. And for protectors arms is really nice assuming that will be your next heroic, can do 350-400k if your raid keeps rook & anguish add in range of cleaves on sun.

Now for fury if I look at your Sha kill you use CS>stormbolt>reck>RB>RB>BT which is all kinds of wrong, you use reck too late but on juggernaut you seem to use a macro which works much better, I got /cast CS also in my reck macro so that if I HS right after it also gets the benefit. You shouldn't delay your BT that much if you use CS>RB>BT>stormbolt>RB>BT you don't delay your BTs and you don't waste RB stacks if you happen to get 2 right after CS.
    It seems like almost all your CS windows are wrong just stick to CS>RB>BT>RB>RB or CS>RB>BT>stormbot>RB you delay BT way too much. I don't have an evil eye of galakras yet but with a normal mode trinket stormbolt got a 21 sec duration I think, might want to alternate 20/22.5 sec between CS or just use 22.5 sec between each CS to make it easier.

Deleted
    Alright, Thanks for good answers both of you! I usally am Arms on Protectors but i just wanted to try out fury for once^

Yeah, thats what worried me, That my CS windows are all screwed up. :/

Fully upgraded Normal Galkaras trinket is 21.1 Sec CD on SB.

Thanks for looking at it!

I will start off by saying I have read through the fury guide (and arms guide) a few times, I have used simcraft several times on different gear setups, and I am always parsing combat to get better. I have links at the bottom to examine in detail.

I have played for many years as MT of my guild before I stopped for a year. Now I Am back and looking to fill a fury warrior spot in a raid group.

I have been going for the past week or so (started out arms when I came back) and I Believe I have taken all the right moves with gear, gemming, enchants, and rotations.
    I am behind on my raid group's dps. I am a bench player that comes in to gear up until I am ready, but now I am sitting at around 540ilvl and still not really getting the dps I want. I am familiar with simcraft and have used it to calculator my dps (on raid dummy, no buffs) around 180k-190k, though I am not seeing that in raids. It may be because I am panicked watching for raid mechanics (some fights I have only learned for the first time, this week), but either way I think I can still be higher.

I was hoping that some of you could help me figure out what I am missing (besides higher level gear) with my gear, rotation, etc.

Below is a link to a world of logs parse from JinRokh on LFR last night. I popped in just to get a reasonable parse on a relatively "standstill" fight.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...18/?s=14&e=284

I have also included the timeline plot, for those that are unsure how to get that, to show some of my rotation spacing, timing, overlap, etc.

My wow armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tnetjer/simple

I am hoping that some maybe be able to see areas where I could correct my gameplay to increase my dps a bit further.

Some questions I have besides an overview/response from the WOL and timeline:
    • I seem to have tons of rage all the time. So I just end up spamming HS at the same time as RB and BT during CS, and sometimes during non CS. Is that optimal? I have read both to use WS and HS during non CS. Which is the best move?
    • I just recently got Skeer's talisman in 10man normal. I Was previously using the Brutal Talisman(Up2) from the valor vendor, and Fusion Core on LFR (Up2). Sim craft is giving me the best sims using skeers and the brutal talisman. I have decided to stick with that set up, just wanted to confirm that is what everyone else has seen as optimal.
    • On Aoe fights (spoils, galakras, shaman), is the consensus to switch back to arms and regem? My gemming is to hit the exp caps for fury, but if I just put on the single weapon, I have to regem to get up to cap again. Or, is everyone just staying as fury, and using ww, the raging blow aoe glyph, tclap, etc?
    • I am working on the legendary cloak atm, though it will be a few. I just recently came back. As I understand it, that could add around 8% dmg, so I am going to be behind the raid in that respect.

Thank you very much for any advice and/or critique you can provide. Open to all suggestions.

Thanks,Henq

Try to read the guide again, having a CS where you only use 2xBT and 4xHS isn't what you're supposed to be doing. Short version use BT on cd save 1 RB stack for CS and always aim to get 3xRB or 2xRB+stormbolt into your CS.
    -Inside CS you do as many HS as possible in addition to RBs, outside you fill gcds with WS but it's also common to use a HS to prevent capping if you get a bloodsurge proc.
    - Skeers
    - I'm using the nazgrim mace for both arms and fury so I can switch easily between the specs, but with your setup you might need to reforge a little.

Can someone please teach me how to obtain the same timeline plot shown above pls? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henqetnetjer View Post
    I will start off by saying I have read through the fury guide (and arms guide) a few times, I have used simcraft several times on different gear setups, and I am always parsing combat to get better. I have links at the bottom to examine in detail.

I have played for many years as MT of my guild before I stopped for a year. Now I Am back and looking to fill a fury warrior spot in a raid group.

I have been going for the past week or so (started out arms when I came back) and I Believe I have taken all the right moves with gear, gemming, enchants, and rotations.
    I am behind on my raid group's dps. I am a bench player that comes in to gear up until I am ready, but now I am sitting at around 540ilvl and still not really getting the dps I want. I am familiar with simcraft and have used it to calculator my dps (on raid dummy, no buffs) around 180k-190k, though I am not seeing that in raids. It may be because I am panicked watching for raid mechanics (some fights I have only learned for the first time, this week), but either way I think I can still be higher.

I was hoping that some of you could help me figure out what I am missing (besides higher level gear) with my gear, rotation, etc.

Below is a link to a world of logs parse from JinRokh on LFR last night. I popped in just to get a reasonable parse on a relatively "standstill" fight.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...18/?s=14&e=284

I have also included the timeline plot, for those that are unsure how to get that, to show some of my rotation spacing, timing, overlap, etc.

My wow armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tnetjer/simple

I am hoping that some maybe be able to see areas where I could correct my gameplay to increase my dps a bit further.

Some questions I have besides an overview/response from the WOL and timeline:
    • I seem to have tons of rage all the time. So I just end up spamming HS at the same time as RB and BT during CS, and sometimes during non CS. Is that optimal? I have read both to use WS and HS during non CS. Which is the best move?
    • I just recently got Skeer's talisman in 10man normal. I Was previously using the Brutal Talisman(Up2) from the valor vendor, and Fusion Core on LFR (Up2). Sim craft is giving me the best sims using skeers and the brutal talisman. I have decided to stick with that set up, just wanted to confirm that is what everyone else has seen as optimal.
    • On Aoe fights (spoils, galakras, shaman), is the consensus to switch back to arms and regem? My gemming is to hit the exp caps for fury, but if I just put on the single weapon, I have to regem to get up to cap again. Or, is everyone just staying as fury, and using ww, the raging blow aoe glyph, tclap, etc?
    • I am working on the legendary cloak atm, though it will be a few. I just recently came back. As I understand it, that could add around 8% dmg, so I am going to be behind the raid in that respect.

Thank you very much for any advice and/or critique you can provide. Open to all suggestions.

Thanks,Henq

Use the expression editor and use this
    Code:
    (type IN (TYPE_CAST) AND sourceName IN ("NAME"))
    Then press on timeline

PS: That was an easy google search

I have a question regarding which Legs parts are the best.

Here is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fella/advanced

I just got Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder Normal (http://www.wowhead.com/item=99199). And I'm nto sure if they are better then my current Legplatate of Willful Doom Flex (http://www.wowhead.com/item=104818). I know i loose alot of mastery but also gain alot of more strength due to socketbonus and main strength on the tier legs.

Thanks for input!
    Last edited by Cityfella; 2013-11-06 at 12:35 PM.

Tierlegs, the ~450 strength extra more then makes up for the difference between 700 haste & mastery.

So, there are three fury warriors on my raid team, and I feel like all three are underperforming to some degree. They are all in the 550-560 ilvl range, but are constantly in the lower half of our dps. That being said, because of some recent real life issues with some guild members, we've been clearing SoO 25 with 20-22 people, albeit without many problems. So while our overall dps is pretty good, I feel like it could be better, and I'm looking to the fury warriors to up their numbers.

It's not a gearing issue, from what I can tell; they are all stacking crit, and have 553's in most slots. We've had a bit of bad luck on trinkets, but I don't think that should be holding them down as much as it is. I feel like it's a rotational or uptime issue. If someone could have a look at this log from a couple weeks ago, they were all in the raid up until Galakras.

Any critique will help a great deal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    So, there are three fury warriors on my raid team, and I feel like all three are underperforming to some degree. They are all in the 550-560 ilvl range, but are constantly in the lower half of our dps. That being said, because of some recent real life issues with some guild members, we've been clearing SoO 25 with 20-22 people, albeit without many problems. So while our overall dps is pretty good, I feel like it could be better, and I'm looking to the fury warriors to up their numbers.

It's not a gearing issue, from what I can tell; they are all stacking crit, and have 553's in most slots. We've had a bit of bad luck on trinkets, but I don't think that should be holding them down as much as it is. I feel like it's a rotational or uptime issue. If someone could have a look at this log from a couple weeks ago, they were all in the raid up until Galakras.

Any critique will help a great deal!
    Have them read the guide here, honestly. It basically comes down to they don't know how to play a fury warrior well. Major things like not knowing how to spend rage (too many HS/too few WS), using the wrong talents (BB instead of SB, DR instead of BS for Sha, etc) and not using the minor things that increase DPS slightly (2-4%, such as heroic leap, heroic throw, impending victory, shattering throw, etc).

Armory link would be helpful too. It takes too long to do free in depth personal log analysis, especially for three people, so I'd advise you tell them they need to improve and point them in the direction of the guide on the forums, and than either have them come ask any particular questions they have here, or have them add me on btag and I can answer them there.

But at this juncture they aren't good players, from what I'm seeing, so the guide is the best place to start for them.

Zephur none of your warriors use shieldwall they know it doesn't require a shield anymore right? Tiywin seems the best of the 3 but if I have a quick look in the expression editor for sha he does some weird things, he uses berserker rage too soon possibly wasting it on the pull, he does CS-RB-RB-BT-RB instead of CS-RB-BT-RB-RB delaying BT for no good reason, his 2nd CS is just terrible with 1xBT and 2xwildstrike instead of 3xRB. And the other 2 pull even worse dps.

Like darkfiend said have them read the guide and make them pick up stormbolt and switch between bladestorm/dragonroar depending on the fight, if they go arms on protectors/galakras they should be able to compete with the locks if they do it right.

Do you guys have the worst luck ever on 2H drops? SMF is garbage compared to TG in equal ilvl weapons.

Tiywin is using Bladestorm on IJ, why? That's really bad.

Can tell you five things wrong in that opener
    He uses BR way too early
    He pops Recklessness before he even charges
    He used H Leap outside of his first CS, and didn't even Charge for the 25R...
    He has Bladestorm instead of DR, and he's not spec'd for SB, with the CDR trinket it's better than BB

Here's a good opener, (I'm not perfect)

There's probably countless things wrong with their rotation inside of the fight, which would take an hour or so to sort out and list, I think it's just a better investment for them to read guides and threads with nerds theorycrafting in them.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Been getting more and more gear but not really seen a huge improvement in DPS looking to improve, feel im falling behind in execute phases but not entierly sure.
    Know i popped reck to early on malkorok but still felt really low compared to my gear.
    Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ippel/advanced
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-do...?s=5206&e=5379

My gear is also a complete mess, been regemming and reforging alot without noticing any differances at all really some points there would be great aswell.

Seems like on some fights its just seems extremely difficult to pull good dps.
    According to epeen bot my dps just sucks on this fight. 9 percentile. The dps on epeen doesn't match on world of logs though.
    I wasn't always this bad though, several expansions ago I could pull 75% or higher.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jx...?s=1849&e=2367
    Video of the same fight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbk6DyqwUd0

armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alvin/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    According to epeen bot my dps just sucks on this fight. 9 percentile. The dps on epeen doesn't match on world of logs though.
    I wasn't always this bad though, several expansions ago I could pull 75% or higher.
    Video of the same fight.

armory
    Heres my logs for this weeks Thok kill - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4537&e=5009 (Lyricals obviously )

Granted my gear is slightly better than yours that dps difference shouldn't exist, i had a hard time really seeing the problem from just the logs and im not a massive pro at digging deep into logs so i just watched the video instead and quite a few things became clear. I see you don't really like taking risks at all during fights which on thok is going to hinder your dps by quite a bit in p2.

Starting from the beginning i cant really work out your opener too well so if you don't mind posting at least your first 6-8 globals assuming your first BT crits on the pull i would be interested to know what you do, i ask this because i didn't even see you break top 11 dps on the pull which makes zero sense to me. On pulls im usually top dps by quite a large margin until reck fades at which point other classes start to overtake.

In fact if we just look at your opener you bursted upto 402k dps on the pull, on my kill i managed to achieve 938k dps on the pull (and i consider that low) so i would defiantly say something about your opener is wrong.

on the video i noticed that during p2 you don't really attack thok at all which i can understand if you don't want to take risks but you should at least be trying to get a BT on him while hes chasing someone just to get deep wounds running.

Not really much else i can add at this point but if you can get back to me on the opener that would be cool.

Your uptime on the fight is very low. Did you die? Or did you get fixated ? Otherwise, your absolute dps is actually okay. Myself I'm getting >90% active time eventhough I died once.

Thok fight is about staying safe during Kiting phase and berserker stance mass damage during the tanking phase. I use potion, cooldowns and Bladestorm for bats. That's a good boost.

In terms of min max, I would suggest that you whack the boss in his first two kites and thereafter go on the mob till it dies. After that, just heroic throw and SB thok when he is out of range. When he runs past, 1-2 hits on him (BT +RB) will keep your deep wounds up and active time up.

Again, thok is not one of the fights ill compare dps for

Video of the same fight.

armory

Yeah tonight I pushed it a little and risked some. And gained some dps. Was around 330k when I died. I saved my SB for boss during kiting phase instead of using it on the jailer. Yeah risking death is not something I normally do since our raid leader hates when we die cause we were not playing it safe. So that's why. But tonight I said screw it cause I'm tired of doing crap dps.

The opener for that fight. I charged in hit BT, skull banner, a WS for filler till BT was up then hit recklessness, BT, CS, SB, BT, RB, RB. And so on. I never see a 900k, don't think I ever bursted that high unless aoe was involved.

Deleted
    Yeah tonight I pushed it a little and risked some. And gained some dps. Was around 330k when I died. I saved my SB for boss during kiting phase instead of using it on the jailer. Yeah risking death is not something I normally do since our raid leader hates when we die cause we were not playing it safe. So that's why. But tonight I said screw it cause I'm tired of doing crap dps.

The opener for that fight. I charged in hit BT, skull banner, a WS for filler till BT was up then hit recklessness, BT, CS, SB, BT, RB, RB. And so on. I never see a 900k, don't think I ever bursted that high unless aoe was involved.
    ok so if that is your standard opener i want you to try this instead, just try it out on a dummy a few times and you should notice its a lot more burst than your current opener.

BT - reck/banner - CS/HS - RB/HS - stormbolt - RB/HS - Beserker rage - RB/HS (that should all be within your CS window).

Note: if you're using Dragon Roar instead of Bladestorm make sure you Dragon roar within the Skull banner, i usually Dragon roar with around 1-2 seconds left on banner and with all my trinkets up and it hits for around 950k.

I assume you have control over your banner during the pull since the only other warrior is prot and he can just use his after yours although that doesnt really matter.

so a few small things to note is that I am obviously assuming your first BT crits and then I also assume that your CS with reck up also crits, if either of these fail to crit you simply replace one of those RB/HS with a BT/HS instead and still make sure to use beserker rage for that extra RB. It doesn't really matter where you use stormbolt but just make sure its not the last global, my list there is just my preferred way of using it.

With that opener working perfectly (BT and CS critting) and both my main hand and off-hand stormbolts critting i can burst up to almost 1.3m on single target.

Try it out and get back to me on how it works out!
    Last edited by mmoc50852f6455; 2013-11-13 at 11:30 AM.