Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It actually does. Same if you drop DnD as a DK before.

I've seen BS hit 22 people in a 25m raid before, so unless that was some bug, you can hit everyone.
    So did you wipe or do we precast it?

Deleted
    precast it, you won't wipe your raid

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    So did you wipe or do we precast it?
    Precast it. It doesn't do all that much raid damage. In the rare scenario that you're the only one breaking MC it takes 3-4 ticks anyway.

Deleted
    Was pre-casting it on 25HC last night and of the 3 out of 4 MCs I got MC'd... But still there was no substantial damage otherwise one of the 3 healers would've been crying like a bitch <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quick question, how do I filter warcraftlogs to see what someone cast during bloodlust or Colossus Smash. We have a warrior recruit and his dps is bad, so we're trying to figure out what his rotation is. He says he's doing the right thing, but I'd rather see it via logs.

I read that this can be done by making a " a filtering pin... click the Pins box in the upper right. Check Buffs or Debuffs. Check Only Match if Aura is Present on Target. Pick Colossus Smash in the Abilities field. Set the Pin type to Filter. Then Create Pin" But when I do this, other people show up on the events view. I just want one person to.

Is this doable?

Reading the official help would have given you the answer. Just looked it up myself.

Create a new pin, select the right actor(s), select damage and combine this with a new pin which is set for the right debuff. Now select event views

For example look at my juggernaut log. The green square on the right side of the damage numbers mean that CS was on the target. For BL I'd change the setting from decorator to filter to only see the abilities during BL.

The deluxe version would be to create an other pin for the cooldowns/trinket proccs/pot to see if they were used correctly.

Would anyone mind looking over our warrior's logs? Trying to squeeze out some dps from everyone on Heroic Garrosh and could use some pointers from the Warrior Community. I don't think hes far off from where we need him, but any input helps tremendously.

Warriors name is Michh -armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Michh/advanced

Logs from Garrosh - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true (normal Garrosh kill is in log if you need a kill log)

Heroic Paragons- http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done (he was soaking aims in this one)

Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn311 View Post
    Would anyone mind looking over our warrior's logs? Trying to squeeze out some dps from everyone on Heroic Garrosh and could use some pointers from the Warrior Community. I don't think hes far off from where we need him, but any input helps tremendously.

Warriors name is Michh -armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Michh/advanced

Logs from Garrosh - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true (normal Garrosh kill is in log if you need a kill log)

Heroic Paragons- http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done (he was soaking aims in this one)

Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
    Doesnt seem like he is playing the class even remotely as it should be. I would suggest showing him the Fury 5.4 guide.

While this content is farm I'm still trying to figure out what exactly our top Warrior, Zer, is doing that I'm not that is leading to higher single target (I get that I'm not AoE padding as much as I could). This mostly pertains to Garrosh as I know that for Paragons I could be on them better but it just feels that I get picked for every other Catalyst or Fiery Edge which is killing my uptime. I also realize some difference is due to me being Skull Banner bitch but I don't think that fully accounts for a 30+ million spread on Garrosh alone.

Guild's logs

August 28th

Sept. 4th (Zer wasn't able to make it this day)

Sept. 11th

Don't have this week's logs as we were derping it up pretty badly Thursday so have to wait until Monday.

Edit: Oh, relevant armory data.

Zer

Trubo (me)
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-20 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    While this content is farm I'm still trying to figure out what exactly our top Warrior, Zer, is doing that I'm not that is leading to higher single target (I get that I'm not AoE padding as much as I could). This mostly pertains to Garrosh as I know that for Paragons I could be on them better but it just feels that I get picked for every other Catalyst or Fiery Edge which is killing my uptime. I also realize some difference is due to me being Skull Banner bitch but I don't think that fully accounts for a 30+ million spread on Garrosh alone.

Guild's logs

August 28th

Sept. 4th (Zer wasn't able to make it this day)

Sept. 11th

Don't have this week's logs as we were derping it up pretty badly Thursday so have to wait until Monday.

Edit: Oh, relevant armory data.

Zer

Trubo (me)
    Looking at your armories he has better gear. He has ~~1.1% more crit than you and almost 5% more mastery. So there's that.

In the logs I can you can see that there are some differences (looking at the Sept. 11th one). He did about 10 more BTs than you resulting in a much higher enrage uptime (around 10%). He also did two more colossus smashes and storm bolts than you which is a pretty big deal. You also got _one_ Rude Interruption proc over the whole fight. Hardly worth using over the WW dmg glyph. He also used one more reck.

Then there are some small things like prioritising execute when you have strength procs and overall bladestorm damage. Think about when you use BS and try to think if you can maximze the dmg of it.

Im hardly a professional but these are just some things that i saw.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Looking at your armories he has better gear. He has ~~1.1% more crit than you and almost 5% more mastery. So there's that.

In the logs I can you can see that there are some differences (looking at the Sept. 11th one). He did about 10 more BTs than you resulting in a much higher enrage uptime (around 10%). He also did two more colossus smashes and storm bolts than you which is a pretty big deal. You also got _one_ Rude Interruption proc over the whole fight. Hardly worth using over the WW dmg glyph. He also used one more reck.

Then there are some small things like prioritising execute when you have strength procs and overall bladestorm damage. Think about when you use BS and try to think if you can maximze the dmg of it.

Im hardly a professional but these are just some things that i saw.
    Thanks for reminding me about the RI Glyph. Been meaning to swap that out for Bull Rush. As for the Execute when Strength procs active, does a single Execute beat out the damage potential RB + HS during CS? If not, should I even be using HS with Execute in a CS window as that's a pretty hefty Rage dump.

Bladestorm the only thing I can think of is that he's using Bladestorm before I even activate mine as I know the first set of adds will die before my BS finishes and 2nd set I'm supposed to help out killing the weapon. Difference in Reck times is due to me using for 2nd CS window and whenever available afterwards + during CS window (think it came up after Malice 4 but Garrosh was already at like 5% or something so just didn't activate it). His 2nd potion usage might be the biggest thing as he has trinkets back up along with SB and Recklessness after 2nd vision.

From what I can tell on the Enrage thing, a good portion of the excess downtime (excluding phase 2 /afk) is occurring during that RP before transition to phase 4 where damage doesn't matter + repositioning in phase 4. I don't want to accidentally proc my trinkets. Think those 2 extra CS and SBs were in phase 4 with him sitting on Garrosh more than I do as I'm trying not to drop Bombardment fire during the kite portion as well as helping out Malice 4 group in case someone dies (can soak 3 stacks if you Defensive Stance + use every defensive CD).

If someone else catches anything else that was missed/wrong please let me know.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-20 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It actually does. Same if you drop DnD as a DK before.

I've seen BS hit 22 people in a 25m raid before, so unless that was some bug, you can hit everyone.
    My Priest hit halo right as he got MC'd, Definitely hurt the raid, a lot.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

we 2 heal garrosh and i precast blade storm before every mc....even if it does MC me, it doesn't do that much damage to our raid.

Deleted
    Hi guys, I'm a 579 Fury and Arms warrior (Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andogar/simple) who just joined a new guild that is looking to push for server first in WoD. I was given an opportunity to take the step from being a more casual raider, and I was hoping that I could get some help. My raid leader said I should be pulling around 400k at my item level on single target bosses, and I'm pretty far from that on a lot of fights. A couple issues that were brought up that were issues for me are my burst as well as my AoE on non-Arms fights.

Here are my logs (11 bosses): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...Dzr3TQ#fight=7
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/9tp9w...um/damageDone/

Some fights I felt specifically didn't go well were Sha, Nazgrim, and Malkorak.

Anyhow, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited:Posted on wrong thread :/
    Last edited by Ajdhfh; 2014-09-26 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajdhfh View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a 548/552 ret pally. us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Skywall/Ajdhf/advanced
    I'm not a serious hardcore raider or anything, but would like some tips if you could? I recently did a flex nazgrim and a few people who I didn't know, told me that my DPS was too low for it (after we downed him). I don't have a log, but I was consistently pulling 175-180k during the fight, and ended at 179k current fight dps. Should my DPS be higher? Thanks!
    You would have better luck asking in the Paladin forums than the Warrior forums.

Deleted
    [removed].
    Last edited by mmocd1bd1f4e5d; 2014-10-17 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Hello, a quick question about our warrior tank.
    When there's a switch and the other tank taunts the boss, our warrior (not active tank, none attacking him) uses Shield Block to have Heavy Repercussions boosting Shield Slam damage. Is it worth the 60 rage used while being tank-inactive or there are better ways to sustain high dps?
    Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by CardboxHero View Post
    Hello, a quick question about our warrior tank.
    When there's a switch and the other tank taunts the boss, our warrior (not active tank, none attacking him) uses Shield Block to have Heavy Repercussions boosting Shield Slam damage. Is it worth the 60 rage used while being tank-inactive or there are better ways to sustain high dps?
    Thank you for your help!
    I mean why wouldn't it be? What else is he going to use the rage on? So long as he has one charge up for when he takes the boss back, I don't understand the problem. Even if he doesn't have a charge, it shouldn't be that much of a problem, spamming heroic strike wouldn't equate the same dps as a shield blocked SS and unless he needs the absorbs to reduce damage for AOE.
    Last edited by Eatdamuffin; 2014-10-21 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    He might have used the rage for Heroic Strikes. So it's not worth it?