Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wow that server's wol list is short. Beforehand I'd be sort of intrigued to see a log of that colleague pulling 50k+ on single target encounters with that gear on a regular basis.
    Anyways...took a quick glance over your latest log and the Ultraxion kill.
    Although I am pretty sure that you already know that but I will mention it - you don't want to bladestorm on a single target. Also and probably the most important thing - your tentacle didn't proc once which is somewhat unlikely. According to your armory you are wearing gurth so maybe you are just standing on the wrong spot. Since we are at your armory - if you have the vp and the money I'd think about buying the belt.
    That said it's a bit unfortunate that the tank is the one logging. The number of Mortal Strikes appears to be really a little low with only 42 over 315 seconds active time - but the tank is also naturally often in the other phase which swallowed a good bunch of strikes since I will just doubt for now that you were really simply not pressing any button for 10seconds. I'd still try to maybe pay a little bit more attention to use Mortalstrike closer to every 5 seconds. Also you might want to add a couple heroic leaps with colossus strike up but I'd always keep in mind that it just isn't worth it to use them if you miss out or delay your rotation for it.
    Well the last rather obvious thing is the use of your potion appearing rather random. You should definitely use the second potion together with a cooldown. Maybe you were using time warp there though but I am a little bit too lazy to figure out when exactly that happened. Oh your execute crit percentage really sucked - glad to see I am not the only one :P.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-05-10 at 06:37 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

:)

~Rollinforit~
    whoranzone thank you for taking the time to look through the log. I had no idea that placement near Ultraxion was a key point for the gurth proc I will change that around and check the averages. I am also going to log next weeks raid myself to better see my averages. Thank you for your help.

Hello my fellow warriors. I've been looking over my logs and I've been wondering if I could get help to improve. The log I'm linking (more like directing you to) is a couple weeks old, so if you want to use other (newer) logs go ahead, but I'd prefer if you used this one. I don't think that I can post links, but if you go to the world of logs site and type in the extra, it should be good. I hope?

reports/rt-v4kuntw31ay9lwec/sum/damageDone/?s=4042&e=4301#Slughead

As for my character, it's Slughead US/Ner'zhul.

I wasn't the one logging for our kills, so my dps is less than it should be, fading lights and all, but I still think that I could/can do better. I've already changed around my priority system to try and maximize my dps, but it's always nice to have extra sets of eyes look over logs to see if there's anything that I missed.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello MrWhiffles,

In general I'd say you did a good job, however:

- Your MS usage was above 5secs which is not ideal
    - Your OP and slam usage also seems low
    - I think you overwrote your 4T13 proc 3 times.

Then I looked closer at your pre-execute phase and you seemed to be doing fine, which suggests to me that you literally started spamming execute during >20% phase. Excluding overpower from your rotation when the boss is below 20% to fit in more executes is not necessarily a dps gain.

Also, nice one in asking for a DI, tricks and unholy frenzy lol

Please correct me if my analysis was incorrect.
    Last edited by Luqt; 2012-05-13 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    How can I view gurth'alak damage on wol?I tried creatures-> tentacle of the old ones but it seems false.

on the damage done tab there should be a litle triangle next to your name, click on that.

Hello everyone.After several Madness kills I'm really disappointed with my dps and my raid thinks the same about it.I'm playing Arms since 3months now but my DPS still sucks...And I really don't know where the problem is.I watched several videos on YT (for example Landsouls Arms video) and read several guides but Iam still way too low with my DPS.

Here is the log from this week's DS 10-Man Heroic: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8660&e=9488
    This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...amitsoo/simple

As you can see my DPS is around 55k but raidbots.com tells me that I'm only at 25% and as I see other rankings on log-pages I also realize that I should do about 10-20k more DPS.

It would be really great if there are some good advices for my log(s),and maybe you could also check other fights.

I'm thankful for every reply.

Hey Namitsoo,

Looking at your parses and choosing segments of time where it is possible to comment on your single target damage there are several mistakes that can be pointed out:

- Your MS seemed low to me, remember that there should be 2 globals between every MS, it really is your best ability because it gets you enraged, it refreshed LtS and rend and it hits hard.
    - Your Slam and OP usage are also very low, going above 10 secs when they should be around 7.
    - You're not using any golemblood potions!!
    - Your HS usage is not good. I saw this from your ultraxion and madness kill. On madness in particular, you can almost spam the shit out of HS with all the rage regen you have going on. Are you scared of being rage starved? =P
    - You overwrote your 4T13 procs quite frequently with manual CS.

I think your problem is mainly that you're not using your globals correctly, and the only advice that can be given in that case is get to a dummy and practice your rotation. Practice. Practice. Practice. Any good dpser always practices his dps on a dummy and can almost do it with their eyes closed (not entirely true but you get the picture =P).

Then to your character. Fuck me I don't understand german. You're considerably over the hit cap and under the expertise soft cap (which explains why you got blocked 11 times assuming you always stood behind your target), I recommend you use wowreforge.com for optimal reforging.

Also, if the current arms spec you have is for Madness only, I recommend you remove your Executioner talent and complete Incite. This is because HS can be used many times so getting more crits with that is nice, and with all the haste present in madness you don't need an extra 25%, especially when it is very possible that you will lose your stacks because you must change target e.g. to the congealing bloods where you aoe.

Again, I am no expert in using WoL but these are my observations. ^^

P.S. I forgot to point out, you didn't use sweeping strikes once, and there are a lot of things that can be cleaved in this fight.
    P.S.S. Your transmog is hideous lol
    Last edited by Luqt; 2012-05-20 at 11:57 PM.

Hello i just recently started playing may warrior again and i want to make sure im going in the right direction as far as gear, reforge ect. I have looked at all the guides so im following them for the most part. I usually pulling about 27-29k in DS and i think thats kinda low for my gear lvl. Looking for ways to get better and would like some pointers on my gear and stats. Thank you in advance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yzeus/advanced

Thanks zonde. ;-) I will try to fix that issues you were talking about.
    I love my transmog =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Fuck me I don't understand german.
    look at the URL and replace the "de" right after battle.net with "en" and it should be in english

10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone help me find ways to improve?
    Log is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cq98dkvo1xv5a3ug/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cuted/advanced

I have not been able to obtain a gurth yet (even lfr version)

What Not to Post:

- Stealth bragging damage logs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhiffles View Post
    Hello my fellow warriors. I've been looking over my logs and I've been wondering if I could get help to improve. The log I'm linking (more like directing you to) is a couple weeks old, so if you want to use other (newer) logs go ahead, but I'd prefer if you used this one. I don't think that I can post links, but if you go to the world of logs site and type in the extra, it should be good. I hope?

reports/rt-v4kuntw31ay9lwec/sum/damageDone/?s=4042&e=4301#Slughead

As for my character, it's Slughead US/Ner'zhul.

I wasn't the one logging for our kills, so my dps is less than it should be, fading lights and all, but I still think that I could/can do better. I've already changed around my priority system to try and maximize my dps, but it's always nice to have extra sets of eyes look over logs to see if there's anything that I missed.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    like anybody no matter how good we do, one can always improve. however, as i see your parse was a world rank, i call shenanigans!

this is the link you were trying to post: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=4301#Slughead
    Last edited by damescool; 2012-05-31 at 11:20 PM.

Dps feels extremely low.
    I play with around 200 MS at most times. Just looking for some tips to help squeeze some more DPS
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mtekz/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tm...?s=4726&e=4970

Hey Mtekz,

Looking at your character's armory, you could fix your expertise which is slightly below the soft expertise cap.

With respect to your rotation, looking at a non-execute phase your MS was used below every 5 seconds which is good, your slam was used well but your overpower could and should be used more often. You were a bit unlucky with HS crits, and you overwrote a couple of 4T13 CS debuffs with manual CS.

You only used deadly calm once, when you could've used it at least 2 times, since it ties in well with your Creche proc in terms of timing, and you used your recklessness near the start of encounter, combined with your 2nd golemblood potion. Both the 2nd pot and recklessness should be used during execute phase and if you can time it with CS even better.

You used berserker rage on cd which is ok, but you could've used inner rage at least 2 more times in this encounter, it has the same cd as berserker rage so it's easy to time. Again, you should try to time this cd with CS for buffed heroic strike damage and reduced rage cost.

You let your executioner x5 buff stack fall off but you realized this and you stacked it again, just make sure you never let it fall off.

Also, for increased dps you can use heroic leap during a CS debuff since leap is not on a gcd, but make sure you practice it since it CAN be a bit tricky during an encounter such as ultraxion where fps just dies o.o

Basically, my main advice to you would be to work on your execute rotation, since you started (literally) spamming execute, and this meant that you started using MS less frequently, and if you notice you spent the last 50 seconds of the encounter without an enrage.

If you want help with your execute rotation you should visit Lohe's "mini guide" which is very good -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1022071-PvE-Guide-for-the-Arms-Warrior?p=15048345&viewfull=1#post15048345

I hope I was able to help :-)

Hello all. Wanted to throw my info out there and see if you guys notice something I'm not. I feel my dps should be a lot more for my gear. I know my spec is a little off but was trying something for H-Madness and bloods.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kmonkey/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...cpl/dashboard/

Really quick thing, Throwdown has no use outside of Heroic Gunship, and the point can be put into Blitz for extra Rage.

That said, you were top dps over a Shadow Priest and a Fire Mage on that Madness kill... Nothing to complain about at all. If nothing else, focus on getting their numbers up.

I always feel like I'm way under everyone else's dps in raids. I'm wondering if I'm doing alright for my gear, and what I could do to improve.
    All I have right now is a target dummy log, I can get an actual raid log up next week.

Could I pm someone the links since I cannot post links until I post a couple times? (Sorry, I'm new to forum posting in general.)

PS: I was over the hit and expertise cap by just a bit before, I don't know why I'm under it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimboslyce View Post
    I am a scrub any way I can improve my DPS

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...slyce/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Really quick thing, Throwdown has no use outside of Heroic Gunship, and the point can be put into Blitz for extra Rage.
    Aside from that, looking at Ultraxion, your dps spread is really odd. Overpower as top damage, Heroic Strike seems way too high, Execute seems low, Slam is really low, no Heroic Leap damage, and you didn't charge to start the fight. If you stand back by the aspects, you can charge, which will help a lot with your opening burst.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q8.../?s=955&e=1167

That parse is a guild-mate of mine, he isn't perfect, but its a lot closer to what you want to see as a dps spread. Make sure you're sticking to the priority list.