Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimboslyce View Post
    You're in PvP gear right now so I am unable to comment on your gearing.

Looking at the Ultraxion Kill
    Your MS usage is very low. It should be your number one priority at any point outside the Execute phase, and sometimes even then. OP use is OK. Slam use is incredibly low. Compared to other abilities HS is really high. Make sure you have your priorities right, HS is less important than both MS, OP and Slam, even if you have your 2t13 bonus active.

At one point it took a fairly long amount of time for you to use CS after Sudden Death procced, another time you forgot to use it almost entirely (took over 10 seconds for you to use CS after it became available)

Your Rend actually fell off during the fight, as did your stacks of Slaughter, this should never be allowed to happen.

I'd argue that you could use Inner Rage more often, there's a large segment of the fight where it goes unused. Berserker Rage was not used at all. Not only is it 5 rage off the GCD but it also doubles the rage you get from damage taken, which can be significant on a fight with as much raid damage as Ultraxion.

Fight is 5 minutes or lower. If you know this before it starts you should save Recklessness for the Execute phase (unless you need burst at a specific point of the fight). You only used your Orc racial once, should be able to do it at the very least twice, preferably three times in a fight of this length. Deadly Calm was used twice, preferably this should be 3 times in a fight of this length.

Hopefully this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotixa View Post
    I always feel like I'm way under everyone else's dps in raids. I'm wondering if I'm doing alright for my gear, and what I could do to improve.
    All I have right now is a target dummy log, I can get an actual raid log up next week.

Could I pm someone the links since I cannot post links until I post a couple times? (Sorry, I'm new to forum posting in general.)

PS: I was over the hit and expertise cap by just a bit before, I don't know why I'm under it now.
    You can cut up the link to bypass the filters.
    Do something like this www worldoflogs com/reports/blahblah

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    You're in PvP gear right now so I am unable to comment on your gearing.

Looking at the Ultraxion Kill
    Your MS usage is very low. It should be your number one priority at any point outside the Execute phase, and sometimes even then. OP use is OK. Slam use is incredibly low. Compared to other abilities HS is really high. Make sure you have your priorities right, HS is less important than both MS, OP and Slam, even if you have your 2t13 bonus active.

At one point it took a fairly long amount of time for you to use CS after Sudden Death procced, another time you forgot to use it almost entirely (took over 10 seconds for you to use CS after it became available)

Your Rend actually fell off during the fight, as did your stacks of Slaughter, this should never be allowed to happen.

I'd argue that you could use Inner Rage more often, there's a large segment of the fight where it goes unused. Berserker Rage was not used at all. Not only is it 5 rage off the GCD but it also doubles the rage you get from damage taken, which can be significant on a fight with as much raid damage as Ultraxion.

Fight is 5 minutes or lower. If you know this before it starts you should save Recklessness for the Execute phase (unless you need burst at a specific point of the fight). You only used your Orc racial once, should be able to do it at the very least twice, preferably three times in a fight of this length. Deadly Calm was used twice, preferably this should be 3 times in a fight of this length.

Hopefully this helps!

You can cut up the link to bypass the filters.
    Do something like this www worldoflogs com/reports/blahblah
    Im in pve gear now thanks

i was wondering if there is something i could do to increase my dps.
    i did just over 51k on our last ultrax HC kill but that means im still a bit off of getting ranked, even tho i am BiS.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4694&e=4964
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rilen/advanced

anything i can do to push out that last bit of dps?

worldoflogs com/reports /mo2nsww8bmsp0g6v/

us.battle net/wow/en/character/ ghostlands/Kendr%C3%A1/advanced

Sorry for being a noob! :[

Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    anything i can do to push out that last bit of dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Really quick thing, Throwdown has no use outside of Heroic Gunship, and the point can be put into Blitz for extra Rage.
    5 rage per charge may not seem like much now, but on a fights like Gunship, Spine, Madness, Zo'nozz, Hagara, etc, you're charging 4+ (Some cases 10+) times a fight, and those add up to extra Heroic Strikes, or extra other abilities if you're finding yourself rage starved for some reason. Little things like that go a long way when it comes to trying to rank.

Aside from that, doing things like swapping to 3/3 Incite for Ultraxion, swapping in Glyph of Bladestorm for Madness, swapping in Glyph of Slam for nearly anything other than Madness. I also see you using BLF for Ultraxion and a few other fights that Creche would be better for. I'm assuming that's just an issue of not having Heroic Creche. If you do have it however, be sure to swap it in. More Heroic Leap usage wouldn't hurt either.

the reason i have throwdown over blitz is because im too lazy to respec every time i want to have a litle fun in pvp.
    the glyphs are a good point, completely forgot about that, they can be easily swapped between fights, thanks.
    i use BLF because im playing around a bit between BLF and EoU, i guess creche+EoU is still the best combination then.
    heroic leap is a good point, i keep forgetting to use it during the fight :P
    mhh yea incite.
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2012-06-16 at 08:49 PM.

Hey Silmarilen,

A couple of notes to make:

- Good usage of main abilities, your MS usage is ok, but it can be better, it's slightly above 5 seconds between each use on average, and the optimum is of course 4.5 seconds + latency so in between 4.5 and 5 seconds.
    - You're not using berserker rage!!! 9 rage every 30 seconds glyphed!! (It ties in well with the inner rage cd)
    - You overwrote at least two tier 13 CS debuff procs with manual CS.
    - You could've used inner rage at least once more, before the 2nd deadly calm was used I believe.
    - You... didn't use a flask of titanic strength, win
    - Heroic leap was only used twice, you can use it more than twice in a 4 minute encounter.

Besides that, you already did a good job

Everything else has been mentioned by Teye, hope I helped
    Last edited by Luqt; 2012-06-16 at 11:23 PM.

uhm. yes i did use a flask, its always on, i think it doesnt show up for the same reason pre-pot doesnt show up if you dont use a 2nd pot during the fight.
    about the MS, you probably looked at the whole fight, since at the execute phase i dont use it on CD anymore, if you remove the last part of the fight my MS usage is below 4.8 seconds, so i think that's fine.
    if i used my inner rage before the 2nd deadly calm i would have to delay my deadly calm. it would probably also mean that i could get another inner rage out during the last minute, so i guess i'll try that next time.
    berserker rage, would it be a good idea to macro it with inner rage?

thanks for the help guys
    aiming for rank next week.
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2012-06-17 at 08:33 AM.

Well, I'm sorry then if I made a false claim, although your flask of titanic strength is the ONLY thing missing in the buff list, even the 2 pots are included.

As for your MS, I looked at the whole fight and I looked at 2 individual 1 minute segments outside of execute phase, both being above 5 seconds, however on the whole segment before execute phase you used it every 4.97 seconds on average. But yeah, it's fine.

You're correct about the delay on deadly calm, but it would be a very short delay (about 2 to 3 seconds) and you could perhaps fit another inner rage as you stated.

I think making a macro for berserker rage and inner rage would be a good idea if it helps you use berserker rage, I personally just press both buttons simultaneously lol

Good luck with the rank =D

Flasks not showing up is a known issue with logs.

so i tried to get ranked on ultrax today, and some unlucky gurth procs + unholy dk not being here put me 300 dps off rank, also had low CS procs. is there anymore more that can be fixed in that log? already noticed a low MS usage, but anything else?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2519&e=2787
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2012-06-20 at 07:38 PM.

so i tried to get ranked on ultrax today, and some unlucky gurth procs + unholy dk not being here put me 300 dps off rank, also had low CS procs. is there anymore more that can be fixed in that log? already noticed a low MS usage, but anything else?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2519&e=2787
    Mate, really unlucky gurth procs :<

You don't need an unholy frenzy to get ranked with your gear, I got ranked even though I died 15 secs before the encounter finished and actually the top WoL arms warrior parse for ultrax 25 man hc has no unholy frenzy or tricks applied, just lucky gurth procs / crits.

You still overwrote 1 CS debuff, but it shows you have improved in that aspect so good job there. It seems to me like you've done a very good performance, you've used berserker rage and inner rage well, your CS usage was nearly spot on, you could've had a better enrage uptime at the end but it was ok.

As you stated, your MS usage was poor, that's definitely one of the main factors which didn't let you rank. Your OP and slam were used well, you used leap as much as you could.

There's not much to say, you've identified yourself the main reasons why you didn't rank: Low gurth procs (were you always standing at the edge of the platform?) and poor MS usage.

I guess there's one final advice, if you stand near the aspects beneath the dragon soul (the yellow sphere floating), you can charge to ultraxion. If you did charge to Ultraxion then sorry, but according to logs you didn't. It's nice as it gives you rage and activates the juggernaut talent.

Besides that I think you improved, you just fucked up on MS (lag? anxiety?) =) Good job, your dps was already good.

i think the main reason why my MS is so low is because 1: unlucky HoT/fading light and 2: too hasty with heroic strike.
    and no i didnt charge, didnt even know that was possible:P
    i think with frenzy and 10% gruth dmg i wouldve had about 55k dps? maybe even more.

also how can you see CS overwrites?
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2012-06-21 at 12:44 AM.

Go to this page of your log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2519&e=2787

1. Buffs cast tab
    2. On the debuffs table, you should see two Colossus Smash. Click the # next to both.
    3. They should appear in the timeline above

You overwrote the first 4pc proc.

Also, not much to add to zonde's post, but just to nitpick, you got the Creche buff paired with the last few seconds of recklessness (5 sec at most, nothing huge), and it's best to use them separately. You could prevent this from happening by either tracking the Find Weakness buff or the icd on Creche.

EDIT: Hmm looking again it seems you didn't have the 8% spell damage debuff on the boss? AFAIK it increases tentacle's damage so it would be very beneficial (to you and very much to your raid) if a hunter used a dragonhawk pet. Sorry if I'm wrong on this but I can't find it.

Also, if you were not the one recording the log there could be a dps loss due to fading lights and the combat log.
    Last edited by Satori; 2012-06-21 at 01:19 AM.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

i think the main reason why my MS is so low is because 1: unlucky HoT/fading light and 2: too hasty with heroic strike.
    and no i didnt charge, didnt even know that was possible:P
    i think with frenzy and 10% gruth dmg i wouldve had about 55k dps? maybe even more.

also how can you see CS overwrites?
    I see. Don't forget: Yes, heroic strike apparently is supposed to be a very high damaging ability on a boss like Ultraxion because of the high raid damage which increases your rage flow, but never use it if you're not absolutely CERTAIN that you will have enough rage to perform the following more important special abilities such as MS and slam. Delaying MS before execute phase is a dps loss, that I can assure you.

Your gurth procs did around 4.4% of your total damage. According to simcraft it usually does around 8.5%, so your dps would've been around 54.5k dps just with proper gurth procs. If you used MS properly it would've been even higher, and if you had unholy frenzy you would be enraged for 30 secs meaning 10% more damage for that whole duration (I think?), and you would be using HS more often due to the increased haste.

If you meet those conditions you can expect a high rank, np =P

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Go to this page of your log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2519&e=2787

1. Buffs cast tab
    2. On the debuffs table, you should see two Colossus Smash. Click the # next to both.
    3. They should appear in the timeline above

You overwrote the first 4pc proc.

Also, not much to add to zonde's post, but just to nitpick, you got the Creche buff paired with the last few seconds of recklessness (5 sec at most, nothing huge), and it's best to use them separately. You could prevent this from happening by either tracking the Find Weakness buff or the icd on Creche.

EDIT: Hmm looking again it seems you didn't have the 8% spell damage debuff on the boss? AFAIK it increases tentacle's damage so it would be very beneficial (to you and very much to your raid) if a hunter used a dragonhawk pet. Sorry if I'm wrong on this but I can't find it.

Also, if you were not the one recording the log there could be a dps loss due to fading lights and the combat log.
    i thought stacking reck and creche was better? because the closer to 100% crit the better it becomes.
    8% spell damage comes from our unholy dk, who wasnt here this week -.-

No, the more crit you have the worse it becomes. Overpower already has over 100% crit chance during Reck, Slam has the 5% from glyph and there's also Incite making every second HS an auto crit. You can also potentially get over the critical cap of white strikes (I believe it's 76% crit chance for single wielding classes that are hit and expertise capped), further reducing the value of crit.

The 8% damage debuff can and should be applied by hunters, no excuse to not do so, it's a huge raid dps increase.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    While it is true that effect gets somewhat diminished it is a bigger gain to have abilities active during the dps pot than it is a loss to stack find weakness and recklessness for a few seconds. If you want both abilities to benefit fully from the dps pot there will be overlap.

Deleted
    If your raid can kuill ultraxion well below 5 mins you should save your recklessness for the execute phase and I think it's better to use your reckless/creche out of the pot than to let them overlap,unless you have a streak of css debuffs.

Deleted
    Good morning

Recently joined a new guild and i'm full time dps until mop comes when ill go back to tanking.
    They also have another arms warrior, equally geared.

What confuses me is that his damage distr. looks off on the fights he manages to beat me, while mine look decent. Look at hagara for example.

But generally what i feel myself fucking up is my opener and execute phase.
    Syncing DC with creche is also something i tend to fuckup :/
    I do some rotational mistakes here and there but those im aware of.

Madness, whats the best use of recklessness.
    To use it as i would any normal fight, or try to cheese executes on claw ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uella/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2vmadcvizb26brae/ from saturday, they started logging halfway morchok, thats why its invalid.

Just lay it on me, i need to get smacked down and stop slacking :P
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-08-05 at 12:30 PM.