Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How do you pull up that specific window to show buff up-time and usage?

When I click on the orange "Buff details" tab, it only shows the graph, but nothing underneath it.

Deleted
    So today was my first raid as a Arms and im pretty much IN LOVE with the spec , but still i fell that i lack something, i would appreciate if someone will check my log and give me a tip or two (i pretty much play with my right hand broken so give me some slack,i would appreciate if someone check the heroic wipes first

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9669&e=9873

Thanks

Deleted
    I'm stupid and haven't seen the Sticky at the top...

mmo-champion.com/threads/1215583-Fury-Help-on-Elegon

Maybe someone can tell me where I can improve more.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could use some help or tips if possible. From what I've gathered on this board and comparing myself to others results, I can't help but think that I'm underperforming. I know I didn’t pre-pot/pot during the first two fights, I was working late and showed up a tad unprepared.

I seem to be averaging between 50-52k dps on Stone Guard and 53-56k DPS on Feng. I don’t have a kill yet on Gara’jal but I seem to be following the same pattern on the two previous fights. Bursting for 80-90k and sustaining dps between 50-60k.

On Stone Guard, is it better to single target the dogs or go through the AOE rotation? I have been using the AOE rotation for RB and WW usage. I’m not sure if this is right or wrong. Here is the log for that fight. Stone Guard 10n

On Feng the Accursed, I try to follow the standard maintenance, buildup and burst phases as close as possible as what is outlined in the fury guide. Here is the log for that kill. Feng the Accursed 10n

I have a 471 ilvl and it seems to me that I should be doing more than I am, here is my armory. When I start the fight, I go with BT>CS>RB>Burst macro(reck, DR, banner, DC, BB). During CS I can get my 3 HS in and usually a RB or two, to empty my rage bar. After that I follow the standard maintenance/buildup rotation in prep to unload on my next CS.

Right now I am TG because I picked up a Starshatter in LFR and paired it with Goresoaked Headreaper. For SMF I have two crafted maces. Going TG allowed me to get my crit closer to 20% because as SMF it was only 15-16%. I know I need a couple upgrades, just haven't had the time between raiding/gearing multiple toons.

Any advice is appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarento View Post
    I'm stupid and haven't seen the Sticky at the top...

mmo-champion.com/threads/1215583-Fury-Help-on-Elegon

Maybe someone can tell me where I can improve more.
    Updated my thread with a new weapon and a new log from yesterdays raid. Improved a bit, but still think there is more potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarento View Post
    Updated my thread with a new weapon and a new log from yesterdays raid. Improved a bit, but still think there is more potential.
    Read the breakdown I did above. It's a different fight but the same still applies for you. It's mostly about CD usage.

Still trying to figure out why my DPS was so abysmal on Heroic Feng. I didn't rise above the lowest spot all night. Is it my blue weapon? Would an epic weapon make that much of a difference? Here's the log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0dlyw...xqo/details/1/

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eorin/advanced (P.S. My gems are wrong because I was experimenting with Fury before I logged out. Normally they're all Bold in red and Etched in blue.)

I really don't want to be replaced.

I was just wondering if someone could take a look at my friend's log, as his dps has been very low with the gear that he has.

bit.ly/Rnf4Rt - Log of all normal mode MSV bosses.
    bit.ly/W2Xf1E - His armory
    (Sorry, can't post links yet)

Thanks everyone in advance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    How do you pull up that specific window to show buff up-time and usage? When I click on the orange "Buff details" tab, it only shows the graph, but nothing underneath it.
    I would like to know this as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting myself froma PM that I sent answering the same question. Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip
    To answer your question, the way to do breakdowns is first to set the logs to a specific attempt/kill, then click on your name under the Damage Done section so that you bring up just your data.

At the top of this new window, there will be two tabs: "Report Info" and "Buff Details." Click on Buff Details. This will show you a graph of what your DPS looked like over the course of the entire fight as well as the raids average DPS. This is really helpful in figuring out where and why your damage was low and/or spiking. For example: I get really big peaks in my graph when I go into Execute phase or there's a burn phase on a boss and I get smaller peaks when I use things like Bloodbath.

Below those two tabs is another row of tabs for a bunch of different things ranging from healing done to death logs. Now to see when you used abilities, you would have to go to the expression editor or the log browser, but that's an entirely different animal. The thing that this breakdown does is it shows buffs and debuff uptimes. Click on "Buffs Cast" or "Buffs Gained." The difference between these is that buffs cast is ONLY buffs that you have directly used as well as debuffs that you have applied. It will not include lusts or Time warps or anything from another class. Lets start with Buffs Cast. Clicking on that brings up all the buffs that were up (including procs and weapon enchants) from you over the course of the fight, arranged in order of uptime. At the right of each buff is a "#" which will add that buff to the graph above. Click on them and play around with it to get a hang of how they work.

The way that I analyze logs is I first look at enrage vs berserker rage usage to see if I or anyone else has clipped the enrage buff by casting Berserker Rage while Enrage is already active. Next, I'll click on all of the cooldowns that could have possibly been used. This includes Reck, potion, synapse springs, bloodbath, avatar, trinket procs and deadly calm. Also, click CS under debuffs to display that as well. This may seem like a bunch of blocs and lines and graphs, but I promise it all means something. This is where the true understanding of the class and rotation comes in. You have to know when you should be combining your CDs and when you should be saving them. It gets a little more difficult when fight mechanics come into play but ill get to that after.

If you're playing fury properly, you'll be making the most of your CS windows and bursting into them. So at the top, tick the checkbox to the left of your CS display to put an overlay of when you used it on the graph. Ideally, your graph will start to spike here. You can alternate doing this same thing for buffs to see what effect it had on your dps vs what it should have done.

Lets take a step back now and say we want to compare ourselves to another warrior in raid to see why they're beating you/doing worse dps than you. Go back to the Damage Done window that shows the whole raids dps. Uncheck everyones name except for the two warriors. You'll get something like this:

The warriors are the brown lines and the average overall raid DPS is the orange line.

If you look at it, you'll notice that we have about the same damage break down with the exception of a couple spots where I peaked really high compared to him. This is what the individual breakdown is useful for. You go in, and look for those spikes in the smaller graph and determine the difference between the buffs that each had up at that particular time. That will usually give you the reason why one is higher but it also could be attributed to differences in raid target switching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    At the right of each buff is a "#" which will add that buff to the graph above.
    That's all I needed to know! Thanks a ton!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atballs/simple

Hey guys I am Looking for gear help.
    What would be the next best valor point upgrade etc. I am revered/exalted for the 4 factions who give gear. Used 3 tokens (1 a week) pathetically on LFR Elegon to get a weapon upgrade to no avail. Will get Relic of Xuen to replace my carbuncle on the 4th. Also wondering if the 2 piece tier bonus is enough to switch my Bloodforged warfists out if I happen to win tier gloves from sha or something. Is the pvp necklace better than the one I have? Any ways check it out I don't want to make any mistakes.

Deleted
    Hello guys and espcially Rustynip.
    I feel also im not getting the max out of my character. I joined a new guild , and even tho i was "boosted" (being for 1st time in MSV hc) i think i could of done better , looking at fury warrior rankings on WoL. ( Don't even mention stone guards cause i failed badly there )
    Here is the WoL link ---worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uk172hgqilauqavl/details/58/?s=6565&e=7099
    Here is the Armory ---- battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Mcsteamy/advanced ( missing str on bracer and Dancing steel )

Couldnt post link so i modified it.

Where do you think im doing it wrong ? I may have deviated a little from rotation (1st raid in this guild /1st time on hc ) was more focused not to screw up.However i would like to hear your opinion. I am also up for grouping up with other wars and go together at dummy/lfr etc.

Another question about trinkets... i have Relix of Xuen and Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster and Jade Charioteer Figurine. I personaly think the crit 470 ilvl trinket is better then Jade figurine (simulation craft agrees me ) however BiS shows Jade being better . What do you think ?
    Last edited by mmoc386c4df50d; 2012-11-01 at 01:28 AM.

Hey guys, I'm really hoping for some help analyzing my logs and figuring out what I'm doing wrong in my rotation.

I have gone though the Fury Sticky and posted a few things trying to fix my problem, but I still end up with horribly low DPS. I starting out with this general rotation...

Bloodthirst - Fill - Fill - Bloodthirst using Colossus smash whenever it was up and throwing in some Heroic strikes if I had high rage. Using this rotation I had lower DPS than I feel I should and often ended up with very low rage to the point that I could not get fillers (wild strike most of the time because of low enrage uptime) at times.

WHen posting to try to fix this problem I was told to stop using WIld strike when not on a Bloodsurge proc and pool rage close to the cap (only using unmodified WS to bleed rage to avoid capping) and dump everything into a Colossus Smash Debuff. My problem is that my DPS is often the same if not less using this method because of low enrage uptimes (not very many Raging blows) and not very many Bloodsurge procs. I sometimes end up with a rotation that is literally BT - Wait - BT - Wait -BT - Wait - Colossus smash - WS+HS -WS+HS - WS+HS -BT -Wait, ... That is to say that I wont get an enrage or BLoodsurge 1 time in between Colossus smashes, thus I have nothing to do for long periods of time besides perhaps MAYBE using something to bleed rage if im getting close to capping.

At this point I'm getting higher DPS by a few thousand on my rogue that his 90 a day ago and is still in greens with a few heroic 5 man items.

Here's My log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4xxcaplixv81n8cx/

Here's My Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AFah/simple

Ilvl: 466 Equipped

DPS is around 3300 on a test dummy. I've been told I should be getting 40-50k on a test dummy. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong and I really want to be able to fix my problem. For enchants and stuff I dont have the most gold on my new server so I have windsong on my weapons as I'm not really willing to dump 5k a pop on the better enchant on blue weapons; same deal with the wrist enchant).

Broke down and got the bracer enchant and belt buckle (goodbye 3g's ) Im hitting around 35000 DPS now, but I"m still under performing versus my rogue and where People have led me to believe I should be at. Any help would be much appreciated.

Greetings Ladies and Gents.

I felt like I had a pretty good handle on how everything is suppose to work, but it seems like I'm might be missing the forest for the trees. One of the things I notice when I look at other people's parses is that they may have heroic strike as their #3 damage ability. I obviously missed something there, I pretty much only use Heroic Strike during CS when Deadly Calm is available, So I don't know how folks are having it so high. If I'm understand SimC correctly and other reports, Raging Blow should be my #3 damaging attack, but I have Wild strike in pretty much all my parses. Maybe I'm not staying enraged enough to keep Raging Blow up there, not sure why it's not higher.
    Thanks to Rustynips post above on how to look at Buffs gained. I do see some holes where I'm not stacking everything perfectly, and if that's all it is, then I would be pretty happy as I can clean that up with more practice.

Anyways, I'm missing something and I'm not sure what. Thanks for any insight that you have.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aleus/advanced

Last night's Feng Kill
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...?s=4131&e=4592

ilvl 480

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Greetings Ladies and Gents.

I felt like I had a pretty good handle on how everything is suppose to work, but it seems like I'm might be missing the forest for the trees. One of the things I notice when I look at other people's parses is that they may have heroic strike as their #3 damage ability. I obviously missed something there, I pretty much only use Heroic Strike during CS when Deadly Calm is available, So I don't know how folks are having it so high. If I'm understand SimC correctly and other reports, Raging Blow should be my #3 damaging attack, but I have Wild strike in pretty much all my parses. Maybe I'm not staying enraged enough to keep Raging Blow up there, not sure why it's not higher.
    Thanks to Rustynips post above on how to look at Buffs gained. I do see some holes where I'm not stacking everything perfectly, and if that's all it is, then I would be pretty happy as I can clean that up with more practice.

Anyways, I'm missing something and I'm not sure what. Thanks for any insight that you have.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aleus/advanced

Last night's Feng Kill
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...?s=4131&e=4592

ilvl 480
    You should use it even when you don't have deadly calm. You should have a decent number of heroic strikes in each of the Colossus Smashes if you pooled rage and don't have extremely bad luck with RB/BS proccs. Remember Berserker Stance during high incoming damage, the rage gain is quite significant on a Draw Flame, etc, should allow you to get more heroic strikes out as well. Also you only used Heroic Leap once on the boss during the whole fight. If you aren't going to use it for damage, no reason to glyph it really. Start using it or change the glyph to, say, raging wind. Bull Rush isn't a great glyph, glyph recklessness instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    You should use it even when you don't have deadly calm. You should have a decent number of heroic strikes in each of the Colossus Smashes if you pooled rage and don't have extremely bad luck with RB/BS proccs. Remember Berserker Stance during high incoming damage, the rage gain is quite significant on a Draw Flame, etc, should allow you to get more heroic strikes out as well. Also you only used Heroic Leap once on the boss during the whole fight. If you aren't going to use it for damage, no reason to glyph it really. Start using it or change the glyph to, say, raging wind. Bull Rush isn't a great glyph, glyph recklessness instead.
    Thanks for the feedback. In terms of heroic Leap, I'm not gifted enough to work it in as part of a DPS rotation, it just throws me out of whack. I mostly use it for getting myself out of trouble, like on Wildfire spark, leaping to the other side for dogs etc..etc. same for stance dancing. I don't know what I could be doing wrong, but even in Dragon soul as Arms with everything Macro'd,it was a DPS loss when I tried to dance. Right now,I'm just trying to get a feel for the basics. We're just now getting started with raiding, that kill last night was only our 2nd boss kill (weee 2/16 now!)

I use raging wind on fights where I cleave like the dogs, I tried the Bull Rush glyph just because I had a few attempts where I was running out with sparks and wanted to use it to get Rage back up.

In terms of Rage pooling, maybe I need to change my mindset. I'm use to basically spamming buttons at all times. But should I be sitting on some of those wild strikes, if CS has say 6-7 secs before it comes off CD ? I definately don't go into a CS near rage cap, normally around 50-60. So I rarely have the extra rage for Heroic Strikes outside of Deadly calm and sometimes I can't afford to do all three. I thought looking at Rustynips Fury Guide I was doing the basic maintance rotation correctly, but maybe not.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by IpAriaHI View Post
    Hey guys, I'm really hoping for some help analyzing my logs and figuring out what I'm doing wrong in my rotation.

I have gone though the Fury Sticky and posted a few things trying to fix my problem, but I still end up with horribly low DPS. I starting out with this general rotation...

Bloodthirst - Fill - Fill - Bloodthirst using Colossus smash whenever it was up and throwing in some Heroic strikes if I had high rage. Using this rotation I had lower DPS than I feel I should and often ended up with very low rage to the point that I could not get fillers (wild strike most of the time because of low enrage uptime) at times.

WHen posting to try to fix this problem I was told to stop using WIld strike when not on a Bloodsurge proc and pool rage close to the cap (only using unmodified WS to bleed rage to avoid capping) and dump everything into a Colossus Smash Debuff. My problem is that my DPS is often the same if not less using this method because of low enrage uptimes (not very many Raging blows) and not very many Bloodsurge procs. I sometimes end up with a rotation that is literally BT - Wait - BT - Wait -BT - Wait - Colossus smash - WS+HS -WS+HS - WS+HS -BT -Wait, ... That is to say that I wont get an enrage or BLoodsurge 1 time in between Colossus smashes, thus I have nothing to do for long periods of time besides perhaps MAYBE using something to bleed rage if im getting close to capping.

At this point I'm getting higher DPS by a few thousand on my rogue that his 90 a day ago and is still in greens with a few heroic 5 man items.

Here's My log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4xxcaplixv81n8cx/

Here's My Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AFah/simple

Ilvl: 466 Equipped

DPS is around 3300 on a test dummy. I've been told I should be getting 40-50k on a test dummy. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong and I really want to be able to fix my problem. For enchants and stuff I dont have the most gold on my new server so I have windsong on my weapons as I'm not really willing to dump 5k a pop on the better enchant on blue weapons; same deal with the wrist enchant).
    Can anyone help? I'm really hoping to get my problem solved soon. Thanks

Sadly I'm in a hurry right now and can't look at your log but some points I've seen in your armory:

You only have 1 valor point item (i know dailies suck but once you have it, it's over) and do some pvp for easy acces to ilevel 483 items. Don't forget to run the 2nd part of LFR either!

EDIT: A log over 22 seconds makes it impossible to say anything
    Last edited by meteo; 2012-11-03 at 04:50 PM.