Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The log should be over 5 minutes, I'll upload another if it's not correct.

Deleted
    How am I doing this is what I get around on a dummy between 80-84k on a dummy without any buffs except for Flask/Food buff.
    Current item level = 476
    Srength=14300
    Mastery=17.26
    Attack Power=28850
    Haste=2.34%
    Hit=+7.56%
    Crit= 20.63%
    Expertise=7.50%/7.50%

Weapons Starshatter 489 / bluesword 463

This parse I logged is about 6 minutes with aprox 30-45s Executes. I used the target dummy in icecrown because its the only dummy I can think of you can use execute on. I didn't do any HL, due that these dummies have a small hitbox. I'd like to hear any feedback / improvements I could make on this based off this parse.

Parse#1
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yl4c7...um/damageDone/

Parse#2 (didnt log that)
    Debuff uptime

buff uptime

damage
    Last edited by mmoc12b13240a4; 2012-11-04 at 04:05 PM.

This is a link to our best attempt on Garalon. I'm trying to help our warrior improve his DPS and get a better understanding of why he's pulling 85k DPS, despite other warriors being able to pull massive amounts more.

He does have 463 weapons, but does that really make or break him here? Any feedback would be great, thanks!

That said, please note there are other issues we have with our attempts on this fight, which I'm taking care of separately.

WoL
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2884&e=3226

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ammer/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't look at the logs but his Crit is abysmally low. The SNT 5 man boots are better than his current ones, he should get the 476 chest crafted, do some PVP for crit/exp bracers or get the August Celestial bracers, buy the BoE Crit/Haste cloak, buy a Relic of Xuen, do some more PvP for the PvP legs, and ask him why he bought the Klaxxi neck which is terrible over the belt, which is good. 170 str to gloves and also get the PvP neck and/or ring to replace his current items. Overall I'd say he doesn't know what he is doing in regards to his gearing.

He missed a Blood Bath, a Blood Fury, did not prepot or use a pot, period and due to his crit his enrage uptime is really low (40%).
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-11-06 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    This is a link to our best attempt on Garalon. I'm trying to help our warrior improve his DPS and get a better understanding of why he's pulling 85k DPS, despite other warriors being able to pull massive amounts more.

He does have 463 weapons, but does that really make or break him here? Any feedback would be great, thanks!

That said, please note there are other issues we have with our attempts on this fight, which I'm taking care of separately.

WoL
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2884&e=3226

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ammer/advanced

Tell him to go Arms and pick up Storm Bolt. As Arms, make sure he keeps up sweeping strikes only while attacking the legs and this goes for popping CDs as well because you get the 100% increased damage from being in their blue circle. Since sweeping strikes mimics 50% of the damage done to the leg and applies it to the boss, you're basically killing two birds with one stone by letting warriors and rogues attack the legs. Storm Bolt is better because 1) the legs don't generally last long enough for you to get benefit from the entire Avatar buff and 2) Bloodbath doesn't apply to the second target via Sweeping Strikes where as 50% of SB damage is done to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I didn't look at the logs but his Crit is abysmally low. The SNT 5 man boots are better than his current ones, he should get the 476 chest crafted, do some PVP for crit/exp bracers or get the August Celestial bracers, buy the BoE Crit/Haste cloak, buy a Relic of Xuen, do some more PvP for the PvP legs, and ask him why he bought the Klaxxi neck which is terrible over the belt, which is good. 170 str to gloves and also get the PvP neck and/or ring to replace his current items. Overall I'd say he doesn't know what he is doing in regards to his gearing.

He missed a Blood Bath, a Blood Fury, did not prepot or use a pot, period and due to his crit his enrage uptime is really low (40%).
    I really appreciate the quick feedback. I just took a dive into his gear selection and using AskMrRobot for a quick and dirty look, I'm mildly raging inside right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    Tell him to go Arms and pick up Storm Bolt. As Arms, make sure he keeps up sweeping strikes only while attacking the legs and this goes for popping CDs as well because you get the 100% increased damage from being in their blue circle. Since sweeping strikes mimics 50% of the damage done to the leg and applies it to the boss, you're basically killing two birds with one stone by letting warriors and rogues attack the legs. Storm Bolt is better because 1) the legs don't generally last long enough for you to get benefit from the entire Avatar buff and 2) Bloodbath doesn't apply to the second target via Sweeping Strikes where as 50% of SB damage is done to the boss.
    Given his current gear selection, the only thing I can think of, is that he was gearing Arms but playing Fury. Generally speaking, which of the two specs is the most viable in a 10m raid setting? ( I'm not sure why I'm doing his homework right now, but I need to keep my raid moving until this problem is fixed one way or another ).

Thanks for the feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, that gearing is even worse for Arms, Haste is just as bad for Arms as Fury. I mean, you get more csmash procs, but... like, a tiny bit.

Deleted
    Wow, SB really applies to Sweeping Strikes and Bloodbath doesnt? Really didn't know that, nice info

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Uh, that gearing is even worse for Arms, Haste is just as bad for Arms as Fury. I mean, you get more csmash procs, but... like, a tiny bit.
    Recent sims showing haste is better than mastery for arms, maybe it's bugged or something but we will see what happens..
    Last edited by mmoc602f0fe87c; 2012-11-08 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    I really appreciate the quick feedback. I just took a dive into his gear selection and using AskMrRobot for a quick and dirty look, I'm mildly raging inside right now.

Given his current gear selection, the only thing I can think of, is that he was gearing Arms but playing Fury. Generally speaking, which of the two specs is the most viable in a 10m raid setting? ( I'm not sure why I'm doing his homework right now, but I need to keep my raid moving until this problem is fixed one way or another ).

Thanks for the feedback.
    Because I didn't know where to find this until now. Let me take care of my own crap, now that I understand where to look on the forums you can go away while I fix stuff.

Moving on, My armory and gear have changed significantly, to where I went out and got more gear with heavier crit on them. Could my improvements be evaluated and given more critic? I'd also like to know if my highest hitting two-hander (the Malev axe) Would be better in arms for the Garalon 10m fight, compared to fury. Despite the CDs of BB, And Avatar, would I still be coming out with better damage output? Thanks.

(My armory is linked above in Mehdi's previous post, I can't link stuff quite yet because of my new account. Jackhammer - Korgath)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerofJack View Post
    Because I didn't know where to find this until now. Let me take care of my own crap, now that I understand where to look on the forums you can go away while I fix stuff.

Moving on, My armory and gear have changed significantly, to where I went out and got more gear with heavier crit on them. Could my improvements be evaluated and given more critic? I'd also like to know if my highest hitting two-hander (the Malev axe) Would be better in arms for the Garalon 10m fight, compared to fury. Despite the CDs of BB, And Avatar, would I still be coming out with better damage output? Thanks.

(My armory is linked above in Mehdi's previous post, I can't link stuff quite yet because of my new account. Jackhammer - Korgath)
    Don't worry, I'll get our of your way seeing as this is no longer our problem. I wish you the best of luck in your future, and hope you figure things out.

It was MY problem. That was slowing down other people. If fixing things on my own is a problem, then I'm sorry you can't see that and then go on a pms outrage. I hope you learn not to be so sensi.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerofJack View Post

You didnt know where to find this stuff? Or, you mean you didnt bother to look.

Doesn't answer any of what I asked. Thanks anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are on the same server why not keep your drama there?

On topic, you still do not have all your pieces you can reforge to crit on reforged to crit.

I would like some help in improving my dps. I have been mainly tanking but as of MoP I'm being now dpsing a lot more. I can sometimes keep up with our other warrior who is fury but all of his abilities just seem to be hitting a lot harder and once execute phase comes along he blows me out of the water.

I use slamandawe addon for rotation helping, but more often than not I have nothing to do so I toss in WW or HS as a filler and then it seems to mess wtih my rage, maybe I should pool my rage more. Should i go back to arms? Raid buffed I'm around 25% crit.

One of last nights attempts: worldoflogs.com/reports/en9coge9bhbgy2wp/details/24/?s=883&e=1366 <me
    him worldoflogs.com/reports/en9coge9bhbgy2wp/details/117/?s=2825&e=3315
    My armory
    blackrock/Sm%c3%a3llp%c3%a3ckage/advanced Yes , I know I'm over hit and exp, I was testing out the oh vs my Ooks slicer offhand. I try to follow the standard fury rotation CS>BT>hopefully enragned if not pop BR and then RB. Since WS hits like a wet noddle, should i be using more WW instead of WS? I save BR if i have a gap of nothing to do so i can get a RB proc.

Here is a full log of 25m stone guard if that helps. Thanks for any help, advise.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l04h45z1ujbcsfgt/sum/damageDone/?s=3431&e=3750
    Last edited by smallpackage; 2012-11-09 at 08:40 PM.

Hi, I would appreciate some advice on my dps.

Our guild has had a very slow start on MSV and I got a chance to do a progression raid with them today (we killed the Spirit Kings). I know it may seem pretty sad to be this early on in this raid as so many seem to have cleared it quite easily, but this is about my dps, not my guilds progression :P

Anyways! I topped the meters in a few of our encounters and topping after finally killing the Spirit Kings, however, my dps seemed pretty low from what I've seen in LFR, WOL data and on these forums. I can't compare myself to anyone else in the guild as I'm the only warrior currently raiding with them, so that's why I'm resorting to posting this to try and improve myself with your assistance

I'm Fury specced and have only been playing this spec for about a week, as I was tank for the most part until I started gearing up to get some raiding done as I enjoyed my Rogue and Fury seemed fun to try (which I've been thoroughly enjoying!). I'm unaware of our guild having any WOL, but on the Spirit Kings I was pulling 45-53k dps, with about 13-15% of the damage being from execute. To me, this seems quite low and would love to know how to improve it further, I use the common rotation of BT > CS > RB (twice if both BT and CS critted - if neither crits I'd use rage CD) > Procced WS - rinse repeat, I feel I work my other cooldown's pretty well, however I'm unsure if there the best and if others are better. I haven't tried arms, but Fury just appealed to me more at the time!

My armoury is - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/En%C3%ADgma/simple

Any help is appreciated, I just want to improve I know it's hard without WOL, but I've tried my best to mention the important stuff, feel free to ask me anything else though if you need too!

What sort of dps am I meant to be aiming for/getting in my current gear though?

Many Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    How am I doing this is what I get around on a dummy between 80-84k on a dummy without any buffs except for Flask/Food buff.
    Current item level = 476
    Srength=14300
    Mastery=17.26
    Attack Power=28850
    Haste=2.34%
    Hit=+7.56%
    Crit= 20.63%
    Expertise=7.50%/7.50%

This parse I logged is about 6 minutes with aprox 30-45s Executes. I used the target dummy in icecrown because its the only dummy I can think of you can use execute on. I didn't do any HL, due that these dummies have a small hitbox. I'd like to hear any feedback / improvements I could make on this based off this parse.

Parse#1
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yl4c7...um/damageDone/

Parse#2 (didnt log that)
    Debuff uptime

buff uptime

damage
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to provide a log that's from a current content boss. Go do an LFR or something because doing dps to a dummy that is 10 levels lower than you doesn't really give and accurate display of DPS.

Deleted
    You need to provide a log that's from a current content boss. Go do an LFR or something because doing dps to a dummy that is 10 levels lower than you doesn't really give and accurate display of DPS.
    There, some encounters werent as good as some others though. I'd like some feedback

Spiritbinder LFR: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=1245&e=1514

Elegon LFR: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=5549&e=6021

Blade lord LFR:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=7497&e=7903

SPirit Kings LFR: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...e/?s=200&e=538

As for gear/stats:

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius
    Current stats with 0 buffs. Inb4 over hit capped, I have too much hit on gear currently even if I reforged all hit this is the best I can come up with.
    Current item level = 481
    Srength=14782
    Mastery=16.28
    Attack Power=29814
    Haste=5.02%
    Hit=+7.81%
    Crit= 20.07%
    Expertise=7.50%/7.50%

Last edited by mmoc12b13240a4; 2012-11-14 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    I've been running Simcraft tests tonight simulating raid training dummy and than also actually doing it ingame.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Falanks/simple
    Simcraft settings: disabled all buffs except Battle Shout. Ran simulation 5 times using a 300 second timewindow (1 recklessness)
    Simcraft result: average of 61.5K DPS
    Realtime result: average of 55K DPS

First of all I'd like to ask somebody with more experience to simulate my character as well, see if we get the same results for comparison as I don't have a lot of experience with this tool.

1. while on the raid training dummy I do not enter Execute phase, but the Simcraft tool does simulate this. can the diffirence in simulation and realtime DPS be translated to missing this phase?
    2. in the settings I saw that you can set the player's skill level. standard it is set to "Elite". Now, I'm far from elite, average if you ask me. is it realistic to change this setting to a lower level or does everybody simulate on elite? in my tests I left it on elite which is default
    3. 1 thing I'm having a lot of difficulty with is Heroic Leap. I feel I waste a lot of time moving the green marker to a spot where it becomes usable. how do you guys deal with that?