Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Basicly my problem is which is better SMF or TG
    I have x2 dubious handaxe w/ Dancing steel
    and i have x2 gravetouch w/ Dancing steel
    Last week i was TG i was 2nd in dps this week i was SMF on elegon but we lacked our mage's 5% crit and i was pretty low.
    What am i missing?

All wep's are upgraded to max 471's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraprime View Post
    Basicly my problem is which is better SMF or TG
    I have x2 dubious handaxe w/ Dancing steel
    and i have x2 gravetouch w/ Dancing steel
    Last week i was TG i was 2nd in dps this week i was SMF on elegon but we lacked our mage's 5% crit and i was pretty low.
    What am i missing?

All wep's are upgraded to max 471's
    SMF is going to be better at higher gear levels, the problem is if your gear level is low, you'll be missing a lot of crit as SMF. Basically, you miss out on ~600 crit using the 1h axe over the 2h sword. But it also depends on what your other gear is like too, and the buffs. An armory link would be nice.

Personally, I'd stay SMF. It'll be better DPS in the long run.

Ultraprime-shandris. It won't let me post link yet.

Ultraprime-shandris. It won't let me post link yet.
    just remove the http;//www & you can post them just fine

What am i missing?
    Lacking the 5% crit buff makes any fury warrior suck really bad so comparing parses where it is missing to ones where it is present is not very useful :/

Hi there guys and girls. Please could you help our warrior improve their dps. He is following your fury guide im sure and previously used some advice that was given. While his dps has improved slightly we feel it could be better still as he is always at the bottom of our dps.

worldoflogs.com/reports/pdbsqg7qk3ebut2i/details/20/?s=2121&e=2584

The blademaster fight was especially aweful but that may be sleep deprivation. Lol

Char name: goregaz
    Server: twilight's hammer
    Horde.

Not sure whats going on for me. I think my dps should be higher than it is. I just switched too playing fury for the last 2 weeks in a raid setting and I haven't raided in ages which hasn't helped. My gear seems decent so I don't know why my dps is so low.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gerus/advanced thats my armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c51gz3toen5j4d7z/

there are some logs.

I am really starting to get discouraged. Most of my guildmates are much more geared than me but I still feel like I should be doing more than I am.

Deleted
    I feel like I'm at the top of my class in terms of DPS but would still like to know more about fundamental flaws in my rotation ( I know there are ). Can someone please iron these out for me by analysing the following parses.

Some pulls were initiated without prepot and/or without CDs.

Thank you.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u8wlpzp02lggij1k/

Deleted
    Hi i have this same truble with my warrior.

Log worldoflogs.com/reports/mumoqqm4oh350y22/analyze/dd/source/
    My warrior: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Hakar/advanced

For dps meter use Skada. For now i'm progresing MV HC and do ~60 k dps, what i do wrong ? Before pull (1sec) use pre pot next charge> (macro Recklessnes+Dragon roar+Skull Banner+Skulling Medalion) >Bt>WS>WS>WS>BT..... Use CS on cd, macro (bloodbath+dedly callm+3 HS) on cd.
    Next problem i have with my rage. Tell me i shoud have spaming my abilities or use ability/next wait/ability (example BT>proc>BT>wait>Bt>wait for next proc Bt>wait>BT>proc> .... ? )Many times i have 30 or lees rage. Can u help me ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel0502 View Post
    Hi i have this same truble with my warrior.

Log worldoflogs.com/reports/mumoqqm4oh350y22/analyze/dd/source/
    My warrior: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Hakar/advanced

For dps meter use Skada. For now i'm progresing MV HC and do ~60 k dps, what i do wrong ? Before pull (1sec) use pre pot next charge> (macro Recklessnes+Dragon roar+Skull Banner+Skulling Medalion) >Bt>WS>WS>WS>BT..... Use CS on cd, macro (bloodbath+dedly callm+3 HS) on cd.
    Next problem i have with my rage. Tell me i shoud have spaming my abilities or use ability/next wait/ability (example BT>proc>BT>wait>Bt>wait for next proc Bt>wait>BT>proc> .... ? )Many times i have 30 or lees rage. Can u help me ?
    Terrible opener. I'd read some of the other threads such as fury warrior guide, since you're doing so much wrong.

Ok,

I recently re-rolled Warrior from Monk DPS in my 10man team to bring more utility.

Since then I have gotten quite geared and feel I have the general feel for the rotation. Why am I here? Frankly my DPS is bad, I am usually last allbeit not by much but still usually last of the 5 main DPS in the guild.

Our setup:

Blood DK/Prot Warr
    Resto Sham/HPlala/Disco
    Fury Warr(Me)/Enhance/Mage/Boomkin/Warlock

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ecute/advanced

Link to WoL parses : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/185577/

Am I doing something severely wrong? Or am I just bad at the class T_T All help is appreciated <3

My opener is - 3 sec to pull BS - Beserker - Prepot - Charge - BT -Skull Banner - Dragon Roar/Bloodbath Macro- Reck -CS ->

No love? :<
    Last edited by Jaja; 2013-02-04 at 09:11 PM. Reason: No love? :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Ok,

I recently re-rolled Warrior from Monk DPS in my 10man team to bring more utility.

Since then I have gotten quite geared and feel I have the general feel for the rotation. Why am I here? Frankly my DPS is bad, I am usually last allbeit not by much but still usually last of the 5 main DPS in the guild.

Our setup:

Blood DK/Prot Warr
    Resto Sham/HPlala/Disco
    Fury Warr(Me)/Enhance/Mage/Boomkin/Warlock

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ecute/advanced

Link to WoL parses : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/185577/

Am I doing something severely wrong? Or am I just bad at the class T_T All help is appreciated <3

My opener is - 3 sec to pull BS - Beserker - Prepot - Charge - BT -Skull Banner - Dragon Roar/Bloodbath Macro- Reck -CS ->

No love? :<
    Using berserker before the first BT is bad.

I dont really see how seeing that by the time my opener is over it is nearly back off cd and by time my next cs window arises it is 100% back off cd. Care to elaborate?

Thanks for reply though
    Last edited by Jaja; 2013-02-05 at 09:27 AM. Reason: phone typos

Deleted
    How is berserker rage (a 30 second CD) available for your next CS window (20 seconds later)?

Anyway, berserker rage gives you 1 RB charge, if that BT crits it gives a second, and if the CS crits (which it is likely to as reck is up) you get a third, so you're wasting a BT charge. You should be saving berserker rage and using it if your initial BT doesn't crit.

Good Morning and thank you in advance for taking your own time to assist me with this. Apparently my forum n00bness shines through and I mistook this threat to be a "guideline" thread and not actually the thread that was intended to be responded to. To give a little background, I have played warrior since Vanilla and I have played this warrior since BC. I have tanked since the beginning of BC and used Arms as my offspec for PVP / raid DPS whenever it was a 1 tank fight. I have found arms to be very dissatisfying this expansion and I am attempting to transition to fury since I don't PVP much anymore. I still tank for raids, but several fights do require a tank to be DPS. I have put a lot of effort into my DPS gear, and though not all pieces are premiere, my set has come along nicely. I have read a multitude of fury DPS guides (including the one on these forums), and tried a multitude of different reforges, specs, rotations, ETC and still find my DPS severely lacking.

So the meat of the problem is, I am in pretty decent gear now and still find myself pulling 30-40k DPS on a single target fight. After 3 weeks of comparing my efforts against other warriors in the raid (who typically are 10 iLvL below me and pull 10-30k more DPS than me), I am at a complete loss as to where my primary issue is. Before I go too much further, I will note that my Bracers and my Legs are on the chopping block to be replaced, I recognize they are not enchanted. I replaced my offhand sword (from scimitar) and my shoulders (from PVP shoulders) last night, and have not completed my reforging to correct my stat deficiency in expertise yet, the rest of the gear remains unchanged. I do recognize the 7.5%/7.5% base requirement and ensure I am meeting it for all encounters (pointing this out because my armory will reflect a lower expertise at this moment).

When my bloodthirst is procing enrage effectively, I can sustain 50k dps, however I will sometimes find lulls where I am just sustaining 80-100 rage and waiting for an enrage proc. I have also noted some warriors doing 1m + Executes while mine max out around 500k with full CD's and enrage. I believe with my gear I should be seeing DPS of 70-90k (based on other members in similar gear in my raids pulling this DPS). I could be wrong and warrior may be more gear dependant. The 3 people I compare against are a Frost DK in 483iLvL Gear pulling 80-105k sustained, a Hunter in 490 pulling 80-105k sustained and a Mage in 486 pulling 85-100k sustained.

I realize I am not narrowing things down very much, but I can not pin point a specific location in the fight where I am lacking, but rather the entire fights.

Rotations

When NOT Enraged: Bloodthirst > Heroic Strik / Wild Strike on Proc to maintain 80-100 rage
    When Enraged: Blood Bath if Available Dragon Roar > CS > BT > > Raging Blow > Wild Strike - and I will pair a Heroic Strike with every attack during this time

I use a macro with Recklessness, Skull Banner, Deadly Calm, and trinket. I will use this when it is up and i'm enraged, unless we are nearing a Heroism. I will try to reserve this macro in the second half of the fight for Heroism / Execute phase depending on the fight. I have considered reserving Reck for Execute phase, but my issue runs far deeper than that and this tweak would be once I am in the ballpark of success.

It will not allow me to post links, so I added them as text.

World of Logs: "worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h7mk9w2gr8wu3eev/details/35/"
    To view a fight, hover over Boss, select the boss, then hover over Player > Warrior and select Nethril. Also ignore Tsulong, I was a little frustrated and gave up trying for that fight.

Armory Link: "us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Nethril/advanced"

Again, thank you for your help, any guidance is greatly appreciated because 30-40k DPS is not even acceptable for my gear and I have found myself lost for any further ideas on how to correct this. I'm sure I have missed some details in the post, but I will be checking and gladly answering anything. I'm not used to asking for help, typically I've been the one helping others so I really do appreciate this a lot.

- Nethril

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to list everything I notice even if you mentioned it.

1.) Fix enchants and reforges.

2.) Fix glyphs. Should be using unending rage, CS (if no one to apply 12% armor reduc) and heroic leap. If you don't need the CS glyph you can either use the glyph of RB for AoE fights or any other one you want (I'd advise 20% movement speed if none of the others are needed).

3.) Get a better set of trinkets, Darkmist vortex is pretty bad.

4.) You are using HS way too much, and WS not enough. Use WS to dump rage, not HS. If you are pooling RB's correctly for a CS, you will have plenty of free GCD's to use those bloodsurge procs, or be able to use WS instead of HS.

Ultimately, I think you are mismanaging your RB/CS/HS period. You should have 2 RBs saved going into a CS phase, and at least 100 rage. CS->RB->BT->RB->RB dumping as many HS as you can in that period (normally 2-4, depending on enrage procs/flurry/deadly calm etc). When you're ready to use BB make sure you're ready to pop CS/RB right after, so it'd be BB->DR->CS->RB->BT->RB->RB.

Also, I see no heroic leaps (Which should be used during a CS, especially with all CDs up) and no heroic throws (which should be used during otherwise dead GCDs).

Lastly, it's not a very good idea to start off with a BT before you pop CDs. If it procs enrage, go into your burst rotation (BB/SB/str trinket DR than reck after DR) if not wait 1 for 1 more BT. This way, you'll have extra rage, at least 1 extra RB proc, and still be under prepot for your burst.

Execute phase is about balancing rage with enrage/cs. You want to be saving enough rage to have 4x executes in a CS, but also be enraged at the same time. You dump rage on executes, but still hit BT on CD (except during that CS phase). This gains rage, and procs enrage (remember, you do anywhere from 10-25% more damage during enrage, based on mastery).

Lastly, remember that even DR is impacted by being enraged, so try not to use it when you aren't enraged.

I have also noted some warriors doing 1m + Executes while mine max out around 500k with full CD's and enrage.
    For me (ilvl 492 smf) these 1,2mil+ or so executes comes in the scenario where all of the following is up when execute crits: CS+enrage+2x str proc trinkets+dancing steel+synapse springs+potion+banner. SMF goes higher than TG on this point though.

Darkfriend,

Thank you for taking the time to offer advice. I will be working at improving my fury warrior rotation over the weekend and check back in with a new WOL report next week. I would post last nights, but while I saw improvement I made numerous mistakes (capped rage several times for starters). I really appreciate the help.

- Nethril

Deleted
    Hello everyone
    Our 497ilvl fury warrior is struggling to exploit the full potential of his spec. Epeenbots shows him at an average 45-55% percentile despite his decent gear.

If you would please tell me where he can improve I will pass along the message. It really is important to our raid since we are at 9/16HM and next bosses have massive DPS-check mechanics (protectors, lei shi..) and we wipe for tiny bit of missing DPS during tries.

His major issue is too low rage generation, too few Wild strikes as a result and I think enrage usage is not fully optimal : during his enrage he may not be using a good priority.

I came here on his behalf because we discussed between guild members and he really wants to find out where and what the problem is.

Here are some logs and his armory :

Luchese's Armory

Logs of Heroic MV
    Logs of HM protectors tries at TP
    Logs of HM/NM HoF

Spells are in FR, but mouseover each to have the EN tooltip
    Thanks a lot in advance
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-02-08 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    For me (ilvl 492 smf) these 1,2mil+ or so executes comes in the scenario where all of the following is up when execute crits: CS+enrage+2x str proc trinkets+dancing steel+synapse springs+potion+banner. SMF goes higher than TG on this point though.
    This. Since Execute scales off AP, and SMF gets a 35% damage increase, SMF will have harder hitting executes. Although I've seen 1m+ hits as TG.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Hello everyone
    Our 497ilvl fury warrior is struggling to exploit the full potential of his spec. Epeenbots shows him at an average 45-55% percentile despite his decent gear.

If you would please tell me where he can improve I will pass along the message. It really is important to our raid since we are at 9/16HM and next bosses have massive DPS-check mechanics (protectors, lei shi..) and we wipe for tiny bit of missing DPS during tries.

His major issue is too low rage generation, too few Wild strikes as a result and I think enrage usage is not fully optimal : during his enrage he may not be using a good priority.

I came here on his behalf because we discussed between guild members and he really wants to find out where and what the problem is.

Here are some logs and his armory :

Luchese's Armory

Logs of Heroic MV
    Logs of HM protectors tries at TP
    Logs of HM/NM HoF

Spells are in FR, but mouseover each to have the EN tooltip
    Thanks a lot in advance
    For one thing he's gemming wrong. After around 495 ilvl, crit becomes worth around, or more point for point than str. My last sims have shown a SEP of between .92 and 1.12 for crit. Basically, almost everything should be a pure crit gem. 320 crit>140 str and 160 crit. Next, why does he have MASTERY enchant on gloves? That should be strength. I gota run to class, but ill try and fix the other things later.