Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ret paladin takes skill

i hate everyone that says that ret is faceroll theyre just really bad players and dont understand ret is the hardest spec to play in wow i think its harder even than frost death knight idk but its really annoying when noobs say omg ret paladin faceroll what do you guys think?
    Last edited by mmocbe55825d0c; 2011-10-14 at 01:00 PM.

What's a Death nite?

OT though; Wings - HoW = Far too powerful regardless of how good you are

No need to be rude, please make sure you have read the forum guidelines so that this does not happen again ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-10-14 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    I think that's a bad attempt at trolling.

OT. ret is not exactly hard to play, it's just not good hence its lacking compared to other classes.

Deleted
    ret isnt hard, its just nerfed to the ground atm.

Deleted
    They're called lolret for a reason, most of the time played by noobs but still able to own.

takes skill to play against ranged classes without your burst macros, although in most arenas if I hit my burst macro it's *INTERRUPTTHROW2HAMMERSBAMDEAD*. other than our burst you have to rely on lucky art of war procs/getting a HoJ in and at least being able to generate HP

isnt necesarrily hard, you just need to know what goes where and the timing of it all

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I play a ret paladin, and how is it hard? You just click whatever is off it's CD and wait for it to come off it again, while watching procs. It's like a slotmachine really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalichbead View Post
    i hate everyone that says that ret is faceroll theyre just really bad players and dont understand ret is the hardest spec to play in wow i think its harder even than frost death nite idk but its really annoying when noobs say omg ret paladin faceroll what do you guys think?
    Made the trolling way too obvious right there, nice try though.

Poor assessment of the situation and don't call other users troll. Read the forum guidelines ~ Ultima
    User received an infraction for this post
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-10-14 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I play a ret paladin, and how is it hard? You just click whatever is off it's CD and wait for it to come off it again, while watching procs. It's like a slotmachine really.
    there's more than that to it but if you say so :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    there's more than that to it but if you say so :P
    Of course, but essentially, that's about it.

Your doing it wrong
    Clicking+Ret=Fail
    Keybinding+Ret=Win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalichbead View Post
    i hate everyone that says that ret is faceroll theyre just really bad players and dont understand ret is the hardest spec to play in wow i think its harder even than frost death knight idk but its really annoying when noobs say omg ret paladin faceroll what do you guys think?
    It's not hard to play, but not easy either. DK's however are lolmode.

Individual skill in wow is like walking.

You only notice people that are bad at it. Everyone else is performing at the "level" they should be. The real test is how well you can coordinate with a group of people.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzzie View Post
    Your doing it wrong
    Clicking+Ret=Fail
    Keybinding+Ret=Win
    .... *facepalm* Did I say that it was mouseclicking per se? No I did not. Tell you, you still press your keybind, which results in the same as clicking the spell, only instead of using your mouse to do so, you press a button. Resulting in the same.

.... *facepalm* Did I say that it was mouseclicking per se? No I did not. Tell you, you still press your keybind, which results in the same as clicking the spell, only instead of using your mouse to do so, you press a button. Resulting in the same.
    well im sorry good sir, i hear "click" and my recruitment officer self comes out with a red flag saying GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER
    I apologize

So, most of the time you use TV with only 1 HoPo and casting Exorcism? Hehehe

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzzie View Post
    well im sorry good sir, i hear "click" and my recruitment officer self comes out with a red flag saying GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER
    I apologize
    Hehe no problem hehe, I feel ya.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    So, most of the time you use TV with only 1 HoPo and casting Exorcism? Hehehe
    More like Crusader Strike + Judgement... Wait... Crusader Strike... wait... Crusa-Oooh a proc... TV... Rinse and repeat... God leveling as ret was boring :P Changing him into a tauren did make it more... Neat though.

Ive never clicked my kb before. Thus if by saying click you infer that youre using a mouse even still youre idea of ret is that of Wrath Ret which is much more similar to the current Enh model than Cata ret.

As it is now ret is obscenely simple. If youre using your cd's properly its a s simple as keeping up inquisition, Exo's on AoW procs, TV's on three HP, and CS on cd with a filler here or there. The vast majority of percieved difficulty comes from how awful and clumsy the stock UI is at showing the various information you need. Setup a remotely decent ui and its about as difficult as playing solitaire.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Deleted
    In PvE, no.

I'd say it's hard in PvP though, because you're so ground-nerfed, that you have to much more skilled than your opponent to win. And no, it's not just to pop wings and win, because that way you are dispelled and are worthless for 2 min. To be a noob in pvp ret might be easy, but to be really good it's hard because of its current balance-state. I have to time my cooldowns for when i'm covered or when they won't be able to dispell etc.

And yet people dare complain that i have to/use bubble in duels etc -.- . Each bloody time.
    "Why do rets always go full and use everything? Jeesh..."
    That one came from an ele shaman. Easy for you to say dude, you basically don't even have anything to pop! And to be on par, i have to.

And then people wanna reduel when my cooldowns are used, and they say,
    "duel without cooldowns please i wasn't serious that try/phone rang/my keybinds are messed up", i miss that and that. 2 spells. DUDE, i have 5-6 things on cooldown! Not fair!
    "No duel? omg noob just because you're afraid i'll win now when i'm going to accually try"
    /cutwrist
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2011-10-14 at 01:17 PM.