Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    that video is pretty good!
    Yeh, I know right The people that made that movie (fyreuk) have some pretty awesome timelapses too, they make epic builds and serve as my source of inspiration

OT: anyone know an actual ish-ish release date for 1.9 ?
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    Cool that's a nice video

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone still working on this, or are we just patiently waiting for 1.9 ?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Hey, sorry I've been away but was taken into hospital on sunday, so the last week has been a bit bogged down in tranqs and sleeping lol. My american friend should have our semi permanent server up, will pass on the details when I can. Gives us something to do while we wait for release (v soon now woop)

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Anyone still working on this, or are we just patiently waiting for 1.9 ?
    1.9 pretty much - once we've got that running

Deleted
    I've finished making Naxx now, it looks okay on my TP but I may have to change a few blocks around if we're going to use a set one for all of us. As well as doing some general building, who thinks it would be a good idea to put soundtracks/sound effects into the world? If so, I can do that quite easily.

Edit
    Waiting for Warty to get his server up again, then I can post some pictures of the finished Naxx. I haven't done the inside, just the bits you can see through the portals.

Deleted
    this looks intresting, i'd love to help you guyz do this, just PM me if i can, or summin. :P the stuff i've seen, is pretty nice

Just a little update on the Cursecraft front, currently the plan is to make a dedicated map for WoW next to the normal CurseCraft maps. We are still figuring out how this will work in detail. There will most likely be portals though so instances will be close to how WoW does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Just a little update on the Cursecraft front, currently the plan is to make a dedicated map for WoW next to the normal CurseCraft maps. We are still figuring out how this will work in detail. There will most likely be portals though so instances will be close to how WoW does it.
    Gotta love Cursecraft.

Now to hope 11-11-11 will bring us 1.9 =D
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Aha, can't wait
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Just wanted to let people know I am still in this, but the kidney stone I am dealing with is really draining my energy. I promise though I will boot up the server and save the awesome Naxx external and my EoE into schematics/world map for people to use/work ok. Maybe they could be imported into the freebuild so people can work on it there, and taken out when the server goes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Just wanted to let people know I am still in this, but the kidney stone I am dealing with is really draining my energy. I promise though I will boot up the server and save the awesome Naxx external and my EoE into schematics/world map for people to use/work ok. Maybe they could be imported into the freebuild so people can work on it there, and taken out when the server goes up.
    Kidney stones are amazing fun, I know. Best of luck to ya!

Meanwhile on the Cursecraft dev server, figuring out scales.

We decided on trying with Stormwind first, as this has been made in Minecraft many times, allowing us to compare.

This is WAAAY too small. Also, we are working on importing the heightmaps from WoW, so the bland terrain will already be "3D", leaving structures and instances the only things to do. More on this as we come closer to a way of doing it.

This is gonna be pretty sweet. B)

10+ Year Old Account
    What server will this be on? I'd love to check it out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    What server will this be on? I'd love to check it out ^^
    Cursecraft, of course!

I am started to make Thunderbluff on my personal map on my computer, just to see how it would turn out.

This is the Elder Rise, and it turns out that it is also the same height as the highest plateau on the main mesa of Thunderbluff. Did not know that when starting to make it XD

Mjollna is doing some amazing work with making heightmaps from WoW, and making images from them. With these we most likely will not have to do a lot of terrain shaping, as most will already be done at import-time.

Generated heightmap - (Overlay with Minimap: #1 #2)

Keep in mind these are highly WIP, and some heights aren't being rendered properly yet (white part of Deepholm). We also have the huge issue of the Minecraft height limit to overcome.