Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Divine Aegis Build 14849

the new divine Aegis finally made it into this build enjoy!

So... it's exactly the same as before? O_o

Edit - Would be awesome if that was it, I mean there was nothing wrong with the animation to begin with. If this really is the ''new'' DA, it seems more and more to me that the story actually went something like ''We broke the animation but don't tell em, make some random excuse up and slap the same animation in the next big patch''.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2011-10-14 at 11:10 PM.

looks like it i mean its better than just being the same as power word shield. But maybe they will update it again in another build you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, completely different....

Deleted
    They said they took it out because it was too demanding graphically considering how often it would proc. Maybe they just tweaked how it was rendered or something? Good bubble is good anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original Divine Aegis was preceded by a runed-ring that formed the outline of the bubble, before the actual roundbubble appeared.

Now, the bubble simply fades into existence with a gold glow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would of rather they changed Power Word Shield graphic instead of DA.

That way it could be experienced by all Priest Specs.

The old one had giant sparkles on them too
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I would venture to say that looks MORE obtrusive than the original, which is exactly what they were trying to prevent...

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like this animation has more sparkles inside the soap bubble, but I may be misremembering the original animation.

In any case, I like it. I always thought the DA animation was quite lovely, so I'm glad to have it back.

Deleted
    Yes, the "procing" animation seems toned down. other than that, still look pretty smexy.

thnx for sharing this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw this myself yesterday and was pretty much what I expected them to do. Kept the bubble but removed the ring of uber-flash-eye-blinding proc, so it's all good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killaim View Post
    Saw this myself yesterday and was pretty much what I expected them to do. Kept the bubble but removed the ring of uber-flash-eye-blinding proc, so it's all good
    But the awesome bubble-formation was the best part, especially when massively spammed!

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woohoo! Finally...I was starting to think they had "forgotten" their promise as to fixing this. Just having the PwS bubble was getting very boring :-)
    Last edited by PromiscuousPenguin; 2011-10-15 at 02:17 PM. Reason: clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    I took some Screens also.

Now it just appears instead of forming from spinning rings of runes.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    I would venture to say that looks MORE obtrusive than the original, which is exactly what they were trying to prevent...
    You realize that it looks exactly the same as the ORIGINAL just without the spinning runes when it forms.

Omgahhh yeaaah! I just tested it myself on the PTR. It looks just like it did before, complete with the ring of yellow glitter and the "rainbow" effect when it starts, to the soapbubble look. The only thing that's missing is the slight "runes" animation, as Afflictid pointed out.

I'm REALLY happy. I can absolutely live without the runes, I'm just so glad the rest of it is back. I REALLY REALLY hope that this isn't a mistake and they won't change it back or create another animationthingamajic soon on the PTR or on live. This animation is perfect as it is. :3

great you had to run around with the shield anymation and now we get the old "to sparkle" animation back

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's some sparkly bits now? Guess it could have been worse.

I liked the effect of Aegis more than its "formation" anyways. Just the clear 3d soapbubble was pretty cool. Glad we could get back to this, without destroying everything for those of us with crappier machines.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~