Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bounty Hunter definitely looks like a lot of fun, I'm already sold on the Agent though as far as Empire gunners go

I'm thinking Sith Inquisitor right now, although I want at least one of every class, likely one of every advanced class as well. Maybe even one of every spec if I am feeling really adventurous.

Ah, who I am I kidding, I'm an altoholic, I'll be leveling as many characters as I possibly have time for.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BH Bodygaurd is gonna be my main.....but there still is plenty of time to change lol a few months ago i thought for sure SI assassin

I will more than likely try them all though!

Deleted
    Just see how you feel on the day. See what stands out to you when you put on the game for the first time.

Bounty Hunter for the jawa, or smuggler because Han Solo is awesome

Deleted
    It's hard to pick and even harder with some upfront knowledge. It's such a massive haul to 50 too, so there's indecision gnawing at you when you consider how much you'll have to redo if you change your mind halfway through. Remember; the storyline is only totally unique once per faction and then limited to the small amount of class quests one encounters on each planet.

I was all for Sith Sorcerer or Jedi Shadow and playing them made me realise the shadow was pretty boring and the sorcerer was fantastic (although the companion is dull as fuck - mind you Khem Val and Qyzen Fess are both hulking, non-common speaking monstrosities without the spark of charisma of a Vette or a Kaliyo), however, although the story was fantastic for the Inquisitor up to the early point I finished - I've heard reports that it really goes no where and doesn't have the twists and turns in the 2nd a 3rd chapters that make some of the other class stories great. Will I feel the same though? Without reading spoilers (one of which I stumbled upon already and am super angry about) I can't make that decision, I might find it compelling. If I do not I'll be pretty disappointed I didn't pick Warrior first.

There are too many variables in the game - you got to think what story you're going to like the most, what role you want to play, the companions you like, the faction you're drawn to, viability for any game modes you want to participate in, what's going to work best with LS/DS/neutral leanings.

For the indecisive, this game is going to fuck our little minds up.

TL;DR I can't help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I'm thinking Sith Inquisitor right now, although I want at least one of every class, likely one of every advanced class as well. Maybe even one of every spec if I am feeling really adventurous.

Ah, who I am I kidding, I'm an altoholic, I'll be leveling as many characters as I possibly have time for.
    Yep yep, same here.

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”
    -Greg Anderson, American author

im going either Sith Juggernaut or Sith Assassin and go tank mode for my first alt i will go with juggernaut or assassin depending on which one i choose first and go DPS

I plan on playing a Sith Sorceror, but all of the Bounty Hunter videos I have seen, make it look incredibly, incredibly fun. My guild is swamped with people wanting to play Bounty Hunters and Sith Warriors though, so SI it is!
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people will most likely play lightsaber classes when the game launches. :P I say try 'em all out when the game comes out. You might find yourself liking a class you didn't think you'd like! I wanna go Jedi but the thought of being a Bounty Hunter or Trooper seems awesome as well from all the videos I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    I'm having the same problem. I just don't know what to play ... a problem i have in every MMO ... I like all classes and roles (especially healing). I personally don't even know which side I want to play but my wife has coverd that for me: "I'm definitly playing a sorcerer so you are playing empire ... and NO SORCERER" ... so I narrowed it down to 7 AC's ... I am a fan of hybrid classes so marauder and sniper are no option ... I think it will be a tie between powertech, assassin and juggernaut. Which one will depend on how i can make the charakter look (male/female).

But after playing KotOR i am back on the forceuser-train^^.

Meh ... it's complicated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus83 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I just don't know what to play ... a problem i have in every MMO ... I like all classes and roles (especially healing). I personally don't even know which side I want to play but my wife has coverd that for me: "I'm definitly playing a sorcerer so you are playing empire ... and NO SORCERER" ... so I narrowed it down to 7 AC's ... I am a fan of hybrid classes so marauder and sniper are no option ... I think it will be a tie between powertech, assassin and juggernaut. Which one will depend on how i can make the charakter look (male/female).

But after playing KotOR i am back on the forceuser-train^^.

Meh ... it's complicated
    Don't count out Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent yet though! A lot of people seem dead-set on lightsaber users and you don't hear much about agents or bounty hunters in the same regard. I know I wanna try out the lightsaber classes but also wanna try out the blaster classes equally as much. DANGIT, why can't the game be out already. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Don't count out Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent yet though! A lot of people seem dead-set on lightsaber users and you don't hear much about agents or bounty hunters in the same regard. I know I wanna try out the lightsaber classes but also wanna try out the blaster classes equally as much. DANGIT, why can't the game be out already. ;_;
    I know that a whole bunch of people will be playing with TEH FORCE ... it's really appealing to me too ^^ ... i also had operator in mind, but the damaging aspect of this AC is something thats not my type (yeah, sneaking around is cool, but fiddling around with vibro-blades was never my thing). In the end all the thoughts I'm makning now will not matter and the choice will be someghing like "eeny meeny miny moe". As I said ... I like all classes and I'm a gaming addict (4hrs a day or so^^) so there's a lot of time trying them all out

An agile female Assassin, slicing enemys Darth Maul Style ...
    A huge juggernaut in heavy armor jumping into the middle of a battle with no second thought anihilating everything in his path ...
    A bounty hunter (male/female) grappling the enemy with his hook, drawing him near only to burn of his idiotic grin with a flame thrower ...
    A female operator, being everybodys darling because she throws kolto around in the warzones being one of the few healers and everbody wants to group with her

WAAAHHHH it all sounds cool ^^

€: Typo and addet operator to my list^^
    Last edited by mmoc250e078684; 2011-10-19 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heironeous View Post
    I honestly thought that Bounty Hunters would outnumber Jedi at one point from the way the community seemed to be leaning.
    The thing to remember though is that the vast majority of people who will play SWTOR won't touch these forums, let alone the official ones. Most people who will play it will be the type who saw a Star Wars movie, thought Jedi/Sith were badass, and really want to wield a lightsaber. So any polls on here won't be truly representative. The poll on this website would be mostly taken by people who have read up on every class and figured out one that truly appeals to them. We won't be blinded by lightsabers.

Anyhoo, going to echo the whole 'just give them a try when we get the game' idea. That's the only way you'll truly know. For me, I'm taking my experiences from WoW: I love tanking, so I'll be making a Jedi Knight. But I'll definitely be rolling many alts as well, so who knows what I'll end up with. I do love Hunters too, and seeing as you can get ranged tanks now... Hm. I may have to rethink my position.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was very hard for me to decide as well, but in the end I settled for SW instead of SI. Yet since the story seems to be so awesome and unique for each class I will probably end up leveling at least all the 4 empire classes to 50. Maybe even Republic ones if I have the time, we'll see...

Deleted
    One thing i know for sure ... i won't base my desicion on how many others play that class ... this changes every 2-4 months ... if 2 months after launch the forums say "whoa, the agent is way overpowered in the wz's" then the realms will be flooded with that class ... then the nerfs come and the next class is on top.

So the only factor that matters is: what am i going to try FIRST!

I've already decided for myself to go with a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight. I like tanking but I never liked being at range. Also, it seems like inquisitors all have skirts...not sure if that will always be true, but I do like seeing all my armour pieces - a reason why, in WoW, I don't play races that "ruins" the armour graphic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the IA Operative! First anyways, I do plan on leveling every class or at least playing through every classes storyline.

I've never been to much to hop on the fotm-most OP class bandwagon, and from what I've seen that'll be BH and SI at launch. It's not like I wanna be a special snowflake, but I don't want to be part of the group that is whining all the time after BW adjusts everything. I'll just be steathed in the corner watching the plot unfold like a good little agent.

Is IA Operative played as a stealth melee? I have read some people describing Operative more as a Bard than a Rogue.

If you want to be a Bounty Hunter because of Boba Fett, you're doing it wrong. They even make a remark about this in Robot Chicken Star Wars III

Top 10 Overrated Characters in Movie History
    "1. Boba Fett, “Star Wars” saga

Libraries of fan fiction and expanded universe novels, priceless action figures, amazingly detailed homemade costumes featuring working grappling hooks and jet packs, and for what?? A dude who shows up for eight seconds in “Jedi” and is immediately and very easily killed. He only manages to capture Han Solo in “Empire” with help from Vader and the entire frickin’ Empire, much as the Dolphins’ Zach Thomas jumps onto piles long after plays are over and gets credited for tackles. No other character in cinematic history has produced a subsequent fan following so disproportionate to his actual on-screen accomplishments; nerds wearing Boba Fett costumes have probably killed more people than Boba Fett actually does in the trilogy. Can we please drop the shenanigans and at least focus the crazy fan-energy on a random supporting character that at least deserves it?"

Taken from: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007-11-1...movie-history/