Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Holy has no such awkard hindrances, Holy Concentration just goes.

And TheTrueM4gg0t, two things. One, I agree that Inner Focus is huge on the sustainability front. Which is why I advocate Serendipity off of Serenity, to level the playing field a bit.

Two, I quoted your response to the talents for a Paladin thread. Hope you don't mind.
    Forgot about Serendipity, but I dont think that has a great effect, doesn't get used that often, or does it? at least not that much as raidhealer ^^ except for alysrazor hc, where you can just spamm FH when needed...

Yes, the fact that HC is passive makes it much easier managable.
    But hey, we are so uber super duper pro players that we can watch out for perfect long-mana-gain-CD management, always use the correct heal (hps and hpm wise) for every situation, heal mates that do something wrong, whilst not doing anything wrong ourselves, never overheal, always anticipate incoming dmg, precast befor every big dmg hits, yell at our mates to stop failing, raidlead, forsee dmgspikes on tanks, not lose sanity although staring at green jumping bars for hours on end, never touch a fire, bake cookies and so on.
    So we can assume, that we are also capable of watching out for the rapture timer, wright? ;-)

And yes, as long as it's not in a negative context (concerning me), feel free to quote :-)

You don't lose 15% of current mana when it finishes, you only lose the original 15% you gained. Anything you gained during that times stays the same.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-10-22 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    You don't lose 20% of current mana when it finishes, you only lose the original 20% you gained. Anything you gained during that times stays the same.
    If this is a reply to my post then thank you, that would make a lot of sense :P

yeah it works about this way:
    the moment you gain the +15% buff, your mana gets added a 15% of your current max mana, and at the same time, the max mana gets ancreased by 15%.
    at the end, exactly that mana you got added (the absolute value for example: 17000mana) gets subtractet from your remaining mana.

it doesnt act, as you would expect it to! it does not scale your mana up by 15% then down again!
    you do not lose ~13% (inverse of 1.15 is about 0.87) of your current max mana at the end, it subtracts the same amount in the end that it added at the beginning.

to complicated? then sorry... be reassured that using your current-mana dependant regeneration abilities whilst having more maximum mana through HoH does give you more mana back!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    If this is a reply to my post then thank you, that would make a lot of sense :P
    It was, I accidentally put in the wrong %, but its the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    oh come on rafik... sure its not free, but that mana you spend to trigger the manareturn, actually does something! it shields for a buttload!
    I dont count the manacost from PWS, because PWS is a spell you would be using anyways. its not the most efficient spell in terms of hpm, but still one of the best ones.

or I can say it another way:
    HolyConc gain: 1500 mp5
    Rapture gain potential (according to rafik): 1458 mp5 + about 36k healing every 12sec , ie 3k hps at the cost of 1GCD every 12sec.
    I know what you meant but numbers are numbers ...
    You pay 6300 mana to gain back 9800, so in fact you just gain 3500 and a free heal/absorb.

@kel that's why I said "potential" and in the end you end near to it in practical with procs etc.

ToT + rapture + PI + (archangel) +more int ... + absorbs, god that's why I hate disc so much.

I like your ideas with serendipity, and sol+serendipity right now are far from enough to compete.
    Last edited by mmoc2af960cd60; 2011-10-23 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafik View Post
    I know what you meant but numbers are numbers ...
    You pay 6300 mana to gain back 9800, so in fact you just gain 3500 and a free heal/absorb.
    If you had no spirit (no mp5) but a talent, that let you refund 100% mana of every spell you cast, would you also say your class has 0 mana regeneration??

Does your t13 2set bonus when rewarded for using a FlashHeal cost you (1236-5765) 4529 mana, but does some free healing?
    It just doesn't make sense to talk about it that way. t13 2p bonus gives you 412 mp5...
    same for rapture. shield is a great spell, that you cast anyway, so the resulting managain comes more or less "passive", ie with no downside.

You would gain Raptureproccs exactly as much, if it would be tied to Prayer of Mending or Greater Heal, wright?
    depending on which spell you tie it to, your spell breakdown would look a tiny bit different, bit tied on those mainhealabilites you use anyway, its easer to look at it as a passive regen effect...