Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menderr View Post
    Uh oh. I recently passed on Jaws in my 10m group thinking "when will I EVER get off that many spells in that time to make it useful?" We gave the trinket to our druid instead. Is there something I'm missing about the trinket that makes all of you suggest it?
    I'm using both the firelands trinkets (Jaws, Eye) simply because of the int. As Disc I only go oom if I play stupidly (at least in current content, all normal modes and some FL heroics) so the int is worth more for me than spirit procs or no spirit procs. I do carry a Fall of Mortality and the Fiery Quitnessence in my bags in case it is needed though, which has mostly been when I for some reason spec Holy.

This is not to say it will be the same for everyone, but if the FL trinkets refuse to drop/mana is an issue, Tsunami is always a good backup choice since it has a solid amount of int and a nice spirit proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    Can't seem to find a good trinket thread so I'll just ask..

I have -
    Petrified Egg
    Core of Ripeness
    Jaws of Defeat
    Jar of Anchient Remedies
    And both rep trinckets

What to use :O?
    Out of complex simplicities, intense difficulties emerge. Don't overcomplicate something when it's not needed. Before making trinket choices, you should ask yourself these questions:
    1) Do I have mana issues? Around 5-20% mana left after each encounter?
    2) Do I have approximately 50% mana left after each encounter?

If 1 then: Use INT trinkets with any form of mana back procs/uses such as spirit or reduced mana costs per casts.
    If 2 then: Use INT trinkets with any form of output stats such as int/haste/crit/mastery procs/uses.

If you find yourself using method 2 and still have around 35%+ mana after each fight, it's time to reforge almost all your spirit to a raw HPM stat such as haste (personal preferance).

In the event that you have spirit on all your gear and two int+regen trinkets and still going oom (assume you're not only flash healing), it's time to have a serious talk with either your DPS or Tanks. They're either not doing enough damage, or taking too much by not avoiding things or using cooldowns as they should. I often see healers making posts about them not being able to heal properly, when in MANY scenarios it's not their build or specific gear that makes them go oom or perform less. It's bad raid members or heal snipers.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-10-19 at 07:15 AM.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menderr View Post
    Uh oh. I recently passed on Jaws in my 10m group thinking "when will I EVER get off that many spells in that time to make it useful?" We gave the trinket to our druid instead. Is there something I'm missing about the trinket that makes all of you suggest it?
    It's Bis for him too so at least it wasn't wasted. :-)

I like the passive intellect on it, and remember things such as penance giving three stacks, you can use it with Power Infusion etc etc.
    Last edited by PromiscuousPenguin; 2011-10-19 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling

i have jaws and core of ripeness macro'd together since both can be used at same time and once i hit about 70% mana I use them on CD so that I get the most use out of them.