Thread: New Router

Deleted

New Router

Hey guys,

after moving i'm now getting a new internet which should supposedly deliver 100 Mbit per second.
    So i'm looking for a good router, which will last me a while.
    Sadly, after surfing a while i realized i don't have one clue about routers and stuff.
    So if anyone has some info please help me.

I basically just need a router that has good W-Lan and in which i can also stick my telephone. I can pay up to about 150€.

Thanks

Definitely want to get gigabit lan so you don't bottleneck your internet.
    I just bought one a few weeks ago, Cisco Valet Plus, and it's awesome. Much better than the Belkin one which I had to return because it didn't maintain a good connection even on lan. Was on clearance sale for $50 @ Staples which was a great deal xD
    Any gigabit Cisco router should be fine... they're the manufacturer that makes the Linksys brand, but they also make other brands (like Valet).
    I've tried a lot of manufacturers over the years and imho they're the best.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-M20-Cisc.../dp/B003B4AVSS
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    i built my own router, it can be done for less then $200 and is way better then any off the shelf commercial router

although, given the request for a phone line, i think the OP is looking for a modem/gateway combo not a router

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I don't know about you guys, but I built a gateway, not a router. Before that I used a Linksys residential gateway too.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I built a gateway, not a router. Before that I used a Linksys residential gateway too.
    A gateway is an umbrella term... it could mean any number of things... routers are one type of gateway...
    Modems are also gateways.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.