359pvp weapon vs 378pve weapon

which would be better to use as a "DPS" in arena/rbgs

Depends on the class and how much resil you already have, if a rogue then only get one as 180ish resil lost is pretty bad, and they give crit so only go with one.

i switched from a 359 pvp weapon for pvp to my 391 pve weapon. lost about 200 resil dropping me under 4k resil

the difference is noticeable but its kind of made up for by the fact that i blow stuff up that much faster.

Deleted
    +19 ilvl is massive! Doesn't matter what class you play go with the 378 pve weapon, don't let people tell you that 100-200 resi is better than +19 ilvl upgrade.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-17 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    really class dependant

on all my classes i use no more then 3.7k resil at 2.6k rating tho

Healers always get resilience. Including gems and enchants.

As a DPS it's personal preference. If you have 3.6k+ resilience you are fine and I'd use 378. Anything under use the 359.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Healers always get resilience. Including gems and enchants.

As a DPS it's personal preference. If you have 3.6k+ resilience you are fine and I'd use 378. Anything under use the 359.
    say that to my hpala.

If Melee, go PvE
    If caster/healer, go PvP

Not sure about Feral. If they use it as a stat stick, go PvP. If not, PvE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If Melee, go PvE
    If caster/healer, go PvP

Since cata ferals use weapon DPS are their main stat for attacks, so ferals always want the weapon with the best itemlevel no matter the stats (as long as it's an agility weapon of course).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I use the Funeral Pyre staff from Beth'Ilac on my lock, it beats the Vicious Glad Spellblade+offhand by far in Int/SP so Im sticking with it. Got enough resi from the other gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    really class dependant

on all my classes i use no more then 3.7k resil at 2.6k rating tho
    You pribavly never played 3s as ele in cata...resil is by soooooo far better than int cause you are the first target. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    You pribavly never played 3s as ele in cata...resil is by soooooo far better than int cause you are the first target. No matter what.
    I've never seen anyone spell the word probably as "pribavly" before

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If Melee, go PvE
    If caster/healer, go PvP

Warriors and Dk's REALLY need resilence, which makes it a hard choice. I would keep my 359 weapon untill you get the ruthless one.
    As a ferals you take the PvE weapon.
    A frost mage can go for the PvE weapon as well, although a PvE trinket is probably a better option.

Deleted
    You should go for PvE doesn't matter if you're caster or melee, for melee it's huge benefit but for caster not so big but still usefull. I don't see why people say you need resilence you can't lose that much, are you all forgetting that you can gem resilenece? Higher item level has better stats so intellect you lose by changing gems to resilience is back through your 378 weapon since 359 obviusly has lower stats.

Shorted: Pve item has higher item level you don't lose anything just gain by gemming resil gems and taking 378 weapon.