Deleted

Absorb addon request

I was wondering if anyone knows of an addon that shows absorbs as say an extra bar of health or overlays the health of the absorb above the players HP.

it's kind of hard to explain, at the moment with disc priest healing I feel like I am playing a healing meta game with absorbs but I would like to be able to see how much absorb each player has in the same way their health is shown in grid or HB, I use ingels absorb tracker which shows total absorb on the target but in numbers its handy but only shows the current mouse over target.

The whole reason why I am looking for something like this is because of our DK tank at times during some fights he has more absorb on his head then his max health, I don't know his exact buffed health I have numbers turned off in HB but its above 200k at least and I have seen him with 250k absorb that includes all absorb types mine and his own absorb abilities.

With that much absorb on a players head I know I have spare time before their HP starts dropping again but as I said I can only see absorb on my mouse over target so I would like to be able to see total absorb as a health bar on all players if possible, I think it would be handy info to have available.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-10-15 at 10:23 PM.

I searched around for a bit and it can be a part of Grid with GridStatusAbsorbsMonitor or as a standalone Shield Frames.

They both haven't been updated in a few patches but may still work.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Just checked and Shield Frames doesn't work. Is there any way to read from the buffs? Like PW:Shield on you shows a tooltip of how much it will absorb.

TellMeWhen can do it. (Sorry didn't read op entirely) TMW can put a bar on the icon...
    Last edited by Socra; 2011-10-16 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    hmm looks like no one has made this kind of absorb tracker or at least none since they fixed how absorbs are logged, oh well thx for checking into it for me.

Deleted
    Made this for you. Code if anyone is interested:

Code:
    local absorbSpells = {
    	 ["Ice Barrier"]=1,
         ["Power Word: Shield"]=1,
         ["Divine Aegis"]=1,
         ["Mana Shield"]=1,
         ["Sacrifice"]=1,
         ["Illuminated Healing"]=1,
         ["Sacred Shield"]=1,
         ["Savage Defense"]=1,
    }
    local o_UnitHealth = UnitHealth
    function UnitHealth(...)
    	local health = o_UnitHealth(...)
    	for spellName,valueNum in pairs(absorbSpells) do
    		local value = select(13+valueNum, UnitAura((...),spellName))
    		if value then
    			--print(spellName,"amount:",value)
    			health = health+value
    		end
    	end
    	return health
    end
    local o_UnitHealthMax = UnitHealthMax
    function UnitHealthMax(...)
    	return math.max((o_UnitHealthMax(...)),(UnitHealth(...)))
    end
    PS: Folder name needs to come before your first unit health using-addon in the alphabet. Preferably something with exclamation marks.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-10-16 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Nuke debug output

Could this be made to use the incoming heal function? It could be kind of confusing as is, thinking the person is at full health but really just has a powerful absorb effect on. Using the "Incoming Heal" method would allow you to clearly see that the target could use more lovin'.
    Last edited by DesolatedMaggot; 2011-10-16 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Made this for you. Code if anyone is interested:
    Very noobish question but how exactly would I use this, just dump it into the interface folder or do I need another addon like grid to visually see it?

Made this for you.
    PS: Folder name needs to come before your first unit health using-addon in the alphabet. Preferably something with exclamation marks.
    Thanks! This looks pretty much as to what I want. How do I display this info somewhere though? I uncommented the print statement and it spams the default chat frame with each value. I was hoping to have this displayed on screen or in a frame somewhere.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 09:13 AM ----------

So I poked around the API and was able to create a Frame and show it on my screen (whee! First Hello World ) but no idea how to show text in it esp the return from a function. I have the below code in the same file that has the code Treeston wrote above.
    Code:
    local AbsorbShieldFrame = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, UIParent)
    AbsorbShieldFrame:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
    AbsorbShieldFrame:SetWidth(128) -- Set these to whatever height/width is needed 
    AbsorbShieldFrame:SetHeight(64) -- for your Texture
    AbsorbShieldFrame:SetPoint("CENTER",0,0)
    local AbsorbShieldTexture = AbsorbShieldFrame:CreateTexture("ARTWORK")
    AbsorbShieldTexture:SetAllPoints()
    AbsorbShieldTexture:SetTexture(1.0, 0.5, 0)
    AbsorbShieldTexture:SetAlpha(0.5)
    --AbsorbShieldFrame:SetText("Text")
    AbsorbShieldFrame:Show()
    Problem is I am not sure if SetText is the right function to call or not since it throws some error in game. Would be helpful if someone can tell me what the right function is and secondly, how do I call the UnitHealth or UnitHealthMax function from here. Thanks!

http://www.wowace.com/addons/ingelasabsorbtracker/ works in the manner i wanted. shows a number displaying the absorbs.. Additionally you can track it not only for yourself but also target, focus, and mouse-over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    Very noobish question but how exactly would I use this, just dump it into the interface folder or do I need another addon like grid to visually see it?
    The link in my post is an archive you can just dump into your addons folder regularily. What it does is modify the return value of UnitHealth to include absorb effects - so what you'll see on your grid will be current health + any absorb effects.

Deleted
    The link in my post is an archive you can just dump into your addons folder regularily. What it does is modify the return value of UnitHealth to include absorb effects - so what you'll see on your grid will be current health + any absorb effects.
    Ah okay I was wondering because when I tested it I couldn't see any change, I take it though this is a grid function as it doesn't seam to work with healbot. Not that I mind I didn't ask with the expectation that there would be a well known HB addon that does exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the help though I will get grid again and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/ingelasabsorbtracker/ works in the manner i wanted. shows a number displaying the absorbs.. Additionally you can track it not only for yourself but also target, focus, and mouse-over.
    I am already using that addon and it's the reason I started looking for a more visually appealing version of it.

Deleted
    It modifies UnitHealth. It should work with any addon that displays health as long as it (my addon) is loaded before it (the addon displaying health).