Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus83 View Post
    15 flashpoints sounds like all that much and overkill, but consider that fp's like Esseles and Taral V are fraction-specific meaning that in the end i think that 8-11 fp's will be playable per faction (which is more than enough if you ask me ... and it motivates people to try out the "other" side).

As for the LFD-Tool ... implementing it to search for groups on your realm is fine ... x-realm LFD kills the community (as does faction/name change ... althouth not as much). For a good community to grow, reputation has to matter so that everyone has to suppress the little a**h*** that lives in everyone of us
    15 dungeons at max level too is not to me a bad thing. Gives you options to choose from! will not always be the same dungeon your running at max 4 trillion times. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Wow didn't know this. Ok one problem down. Let's hope they make it cross-server.
    KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Cross sever was a slow poison creeping it's way through wow, killing the game day by day while the masses who didn't know better welcomed their muderer with ever eager and open arms.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    15 dungeons at max level too is not to me a bad thing. Gives you options to choose from! will not always be the same dungeon your running at max 4 trillion times. :P
    Has it been confirmed that all flashpoints will have HM's for lvl 50s?

I won't completely hate the Cross-Server LFG tool as everyone else does. Do I like it? No, of course not. People became huge assholes when it was put in over on WoW.

However, I hate LFGing for an hour even more. Not being a tank can suck huge balls. So, I'm going to reserve my judgement to see how it plays out after launch. My hope is, the cross-server shit won't be necessary. With three different ACs able to tank, and three able to heal, I'd like to think it'll even out pretty well, especially with companions.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

First of all. THis is not a problem at launch due to the insane amount of people that have already preordered (630k in the us alone and that is just hardcover copies.)

Second of all, there are space stations dedicated to this kind of thing, and thirdly, the flashpoints are for 4 people, but the lower level ones can be 3 manned with a companion as an example.

The lfg tool is good when the game has gone over its pinnacle and servers start to dwindle down with no control from the developer side.

EU-Deathwing is a good example from wow on alliance side >.>

The good thing about it, is also that you need to fucking show some respect for people and prove that you arent a complete turd and stand in unnnessescary shit and build up your reputation as a good social player that benefits the group.

Last but not least, it creates a good community server wise, which gets severely hampered by the lfg tool.

yes, standing around for hours on end is boring to find a group, but as I said, I doubt it will be a problem in the first 4-6 months of the game.

Deleted
    15 flashpoints was the best news. They are fantastic, but only 4 were implemented in the test build I was part of and it was one of my biggest issues with the game.

Weekend testers report that people are crying if you don't skip the dialogue though and that's a problem as the reason flashpoints are more engaging than run of the mill instances is because of the npc interaction and the storyline that carries you through.

It's a little annoying that so many low-attention span kids are going to be playing this game. Fully voiced and story-oriented, the game isn't being designed for them (granted I have issues with some of the "storytelling" in the game, but that doesn't change the intentions).

I think it's going to end up being a guild game though - I'm not sure I want to run with randoms who might ruin my experience. Being able to take your time with an mmo is a luxury we're not used to. Because of this, LFG cross-server anonymity will kill the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Weekend testers report that people are crying if you don't skip the dialogue though and that's a problem as the reason flashpoints are more engaging than run of the mill instances is because of the npc interaction and the storyline that carries you through.
    You have to keep in mind though that Weekend testers have limited play time, so it's only expected that they want to rush through stuff and see as much as possible. Some even don't want to spoil the story but want to experience a flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    15 flashpoints was the best news. They are fantastic, but only 4 were implemented in the test build I was part of and it was one of my biggest issues with the game.

It's a little annoying that so many low-attention span kids are going to be playing this game. Fully voiced and story-oriented, the game isn't being designed for them (granted I have issues with some of the "storytelling" in the game, but that doesn't change the intentions).

I think it's going to end up being a guild game though - I'm not sure I want to run with randoms who might ruin my experience. Being able to take your time with an mmo is a luxury we're not used to. Because of this, LFG cross-server anonymity will kill the game.
    It makes perfect sense. BioWare mentioned that they *may* *might* include extra features, including puzzles. What they have planned should not be leakable .. and they have been very tight on the other dungeons /kudos.

To your other concerns, there is no concern. People with difficulty grouping, socializing, or wanting everything "right now", are not going to get far. If you were around in early WoW, it was the same way - and it was a beautiful system. If you wanted something you worked for it, otherwise you sort of lagged behind.

My view anyways, I was there in WoW Vanilla. <3 Vanilla.