Spec: BM
    Item Level: 683
    Loggs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pes=2&source=5
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a9rfudd/simple

Just looking for help smoothing out any weaknesses in my dps
    Bump.
    Never got a reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Wich two are the best for me? (BM hunter)

I have 3 trinkets and wich two could be the best for me, please help.

Meaty Dragonspine Trophy685
    Beating Heart of the Mountain685
    Captive Micro-Aberration691

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lmyra/advanced
    First two by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Hey everyone I really could use some advice on what would be the highest dps spec for having item level 638/640 and a 620 weapon? Especially for raiding BRF. I tried to compare specs myself, but results were inconclusive Not sure when a spec is worse and when I just can't play it right.

I can't add links or images, so stats:
    Agility - 3434
    Crit - 26.80%
    Haste - 6.46%
    Mastery - 7.32%
    Multistrike - 3.27%
    Versatility - 1.75%
    Last edited by mmoc4b010987b0; 2015-04-09 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardsami View Post
    Hey everyone I really could use some advice on what would be the highest dps spec for having item level 638/640 and a 620 weapon? Especially for raiding BRF. I tried to compare specs myself, but results were inconclusive Not sure when a spec is worse and when I just can't play it right.

Agility - 3434
    Crit - 26.80%
    Haste - 6.46%
    Mastery - 7.32%
    Multistrike - 3.27%
    Versatility - 1.75%

The only way to know for sure is to sim it, but my guess would be Survival. It relies less on weapon damage than the other specs.

Agility - 3434
    Crit - 26.80%
    Haste - 6.46%
    Mastery - 7.32%
    Multistrike - 3.27%
    Versatility - 1.75%
    Drop the www. and/or other obvious elements from the links and then they can be added back in.

I would not worry about what is the "highest DPS" spec. That really only matters if you are in a guild doing progression raiding and you need to wring every last drop of DPS out.

With your gear you aren't going to be at a level where that would matter nearly as much as your ability to do things correctly and no gear is going to make a difference if you can't play the spec well. So I would pick what you like best and do the best with. Worry about top specs once you've mastered things.

BM is currently top, especially wt regards to AOE, but they are all reasonable close in most situations. Much more so than has typically been the case. SV is probably the easiest to play and can deliver the most consistent results. MM is nominally the worst, but a well played MM can still beat the other two played with less skill.

Your multi-strike is very low so SV isn't your best choice at the moment. You'll pretty much need to be running BRF to get gear with significant amounts of it.

Crit works well for MM and that is fairly high. It is highly dependent on weapon damage, but it's pretty cheap to buy a 640 crafted weapon and the upgrade items are fairly easy to get made, if you can supply the savage bloods and sorcerous elements necessary. "Of the Savage" is crit/MS suffix and that is what you'll want to look for. You can get re-roll items to change what secondary stats it has, so it's probably not worth paying dramatically more for it. It's pretty much blind luck as to what it will re-roll to though, you might get it in 1 or it might take 20.

BM I can't really comment on. I've never used it. Mastery and Haste, I believe are the current favored secondary stats.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-04-10 at 03:00 PM.

Spec: BM
    ilvl: 681-683
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eybeard/simple
    Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...809020/latest#

Note: I didnt have the 715 ring during this, and a few upgrades here and there during the raid.

What I want to improve? Everything, when I look at the top 10 I see them doing quite a bit more dps, so on some things I must be doing something wrong.
    Gruul I was petrified around 4 times, Iron Maidens I was on the boat, I died the last 30% on Furnace.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys!! So I will try to find a better weapon asap and test MM again.... I tried BM yesterday in BRF and did about 17k dps on Hans and Franz, that was MAX, it was way lower on other bosses. Spec feels ok I guess, but BM was never my favourite...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. Looking for some tips. This is my hunter alt. Currently have a 670 weapon and skull of war but I'm sure I'm making some mistakes as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Hunter name is Kytes. Just wondering what the major things I need to work on are.

Thanks a lot guys!! So I will try to find a better weapon asap and test MM again.... I tried BM yesterday in BRF and did about 17k dps on Hans and Franz, that was MAX, it was way lower on other bosses. Spec feels ok I guess, but BM was never my favourite...
    If I could maybe counter what was said above me.

What spec is your choice, even in utterly best in slot gear it ultimately will come down to the hunters choice in their raid environment ect.

For you it's actually a bit easier to recommend a spec. First and foremost go with the spec that you have the most mastered (feel like you are making the least mistakes with)

To figure out if you are making mistakes ask yourself If you are

A) Capping focus or starving for focus
    B) Not hitting buttons (hunters always have something to do if you feel like you are waiting for anything then ask what you are doing wrong)
    C) Dieing a lot (dps can't die, hunters rarely die... we can suggest ways to stay alive on some fights).

Pre tier sets I would recommend the following (and others recommend this as well)

If your ILVL is > Weapon ilvl you will likely see better performances with Survival.
    If your Weapon ilvl > your gear ilvl you will likely see better results as Marksman.

BM needs a few things to beat either of these 2 specs. Absurdly high ilvl and tier set bonuses. Even at 700 ilvl with tier bonuses a case can be argued for either other spec... prior to tier set BM will be your least preferred spec (unless you want to practice for when you do get the tier).

The specs play differently but hunter raiding remains fundamentally the same.... I would argue that starting as SV or MM and gearing to a BM swap is just as good as trying to perfect BM prior to having the 2/4 pc bonuses.

Edit : To comment on the you have more crit so go MM idea, keep in mind that as SV your multistrike is 3x better than raw agility which is significantly better than crit even for MM hunters. Just the 100 multistrike enchant for cloak (cheapes enchant in the game) is giving you a ridiculous amount of dps at very low item level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Hey. Looking for some tips. This is my hunter alt. Currently have a 670 weapon and skull of war but I'm sure I'm making some mistakes as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Hunter name is Kytes. Just wondering what the major things I need to work on are.

Going to do a quick and dirty if that's ok as I'm at work.

Opener needs to be double cobra or direbeast for single target. You are doing a cobra (1.4 seconds into the fight so try to start cast after the 2 timer passes) and not following it up with a second cobra to get steady buff.

You are waiting way too long to use focus fire, there are more times than just at 5 stacks to use it, check azors guide for a weak aura string or more detail and when to use it.

For progression on blackhand I would consider it a single target fight, drop steady shots and grab direbeast. He isn't moving too much that you will miss out on pet damage, and it's easier to play if you havn't perfected steady shot up time.

Work on your opener as well, beast master hunters basically ride this 40 second "burst" periods we have.. it's insane to call it a 40 second burst but it is.

On this fight I would ignore the cobra pre cast (don't need focus not specced steady shot). And do Pre pot - Onuses + Stampede - Dire Beast- BW + killcommand - Focus Fire + Barrage

You should get a frenzy stack off pull.. if your lucky 2 stacks the first stack you get you need to focus fire. As soon as the buff falls you focus fire again. You want focus fire at any stacks to be up for all 40 seconds of stampede.
    Last edited by xquizite; 2015-04-10 at 07:41 PM.

Hey there. Posting on behalf of a hunter in my raid team. We're currently experiencing issues with dps, and she wanted me to seek out those that might be able to give her some times.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 669
    Expectations: None, generally. Besides dps
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stuta/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...DZ4w#source=74

That's a log from our kills last week. She wasn't able to attend this week, due to real life, but, that's the basic gist. I'm not very well versed in hunter at all myself, and even then, the hunter I do have, I've only played Marksman and Beast Master, not really even looking at Survival. So, I was hoping some of you guys might be able to offer a hand, give a few tips.
    Last edited by Shieldarm; 2015-04-11 at 10:32 PM.

Help me fix my wife's DPS now that she's geared and we are ready to move into heroics. She's open to switching to BM if there is a large improvement. Thanks for all suggestions.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 675
    Expectations: DPS closer to my ilvl
    Armory Link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...ccord/jayantii
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...=overview,c=39

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    Hey there. Posting on behalf of a hunter in my raid team. We're currently experiencing issues with dps, and she wanted me to seek out those that might be able to give her some times.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 669
    Expectations: None, generally. Besides dps
    [B]Armory Link
    [B]Warcraftlogs Link

That's a log from our kills last week. She wasn't able to attend this week, due to real life, but, that's the basic gist. I'm not very well versed in hunter at all myself, and even then, the hunter I do have, I've only played Marksman and Beast Master, not really even looking at Survival. So, I was hoping some of you guys might be able to offer a hand, give a few tips.
    you linked the logs twice
    firstly i think some fights you need different talents.

My set up is currently:

Gruul - Stampede, Power shot, Lone wolf
    Ore - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Hans & Franz - Stampede, Glaive Toss, Lone wolf
    Flame - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Kromog - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Beastlord - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Operator - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Blast Furnace - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Iron Maidens - Stampede, Barrage, Focusing shot
    Blackhand - Stampede, Glaive Toss, Lone Wolf

So for all fights i see - no, no pot, no agil flask, check talents and change accordingly, focus management poor, cast per minute very low, lack of utility spells used (aspect of fox, deterrence, disengage) also tranqulising shot, interrupt, binding shot can be used a bit in this raid. For the aoe fights try to combine ToTH with the multi shot procs and stear clear of using the procs for arcane shot if possible. Barrage would of helped so much with dps on aoe. Get rid of murder of crows and use stampede.

Cant really assess gruul as early death, Oregorger early death.

Beastlord seemed to be alot of arcane shots compared to explosive shots. With the 2 set bonus you really need to prioritise that black arrow and use it on cooldown for the procs of explosive shot. 12 arcane shots out of like 22. Important things to remember for beast keep serpent sting up on as many spears as you can with multi shot or arcane shot. Multi shot pack beasts followed by explosive trap and barrage. Try to line the spears up with the pack beasts for barrage. 450~ focus over gained. Alot of wasted time casting focusing shot.

Hans Franz looks good on the serpent sting. Again alot of focus waste costing some dps. Need to get those black arrows off as said above. Dodge stampers as u took about 4 squishes. Need to be using aspect of the fox maybe to help if its focusing shot getting you squished.

Flamebender again good with serp sting, need to use black arrow on cooldown. Noticing a very high amount of arcane shots even without thrill of the hunt proc (over a minute of arcane shots is incredibly expensive focus, if you had black arrow ticking more often, more explosive shots and better focus/damage ratio). Spread from other ranged otherwise lava slash will hurt alottt.

Operator refer to beastlord advice. Cauterizing bolt healed the enemies for 20kk dmg. Not your problem but i will always cast dispels if interupts are missed to help raid. Can deter through a train if it is going to hit you.

Kromog had a death 2/3 in so not too sure on details. Key things no multi shots used on grasping earth, this is a great way to get serpent sting procs across the screen. Good tip for kromog stay on boss right until the hand has picked you up, this allows you to manage focus and not blow up hands too quick. I'll always try to land a focusing shot as the hand grips me so i can instantly cast barrage, RNG on your side and you proc ToTH now you can multi shot 2 lots of hands followed by a focus shot and 3 multi shots. Barrage will come off cd so focus shot barrage and runes will be dead.

Can take this advice how ever you like as im not even sure if i do stuff right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerinn View Post
    Snip
    My bad on the logs thing. Here's the Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stuta/advanced

Also, just to be sure you were looking at the right hunter? The one in question was late, and didn't participate in Gruul. The WCLogs link at least linked with the right player.

yeah was looking at Astuta, sorry was wrong about gruul but the rest is pretty spot on.
    Last edited by Xerinn; 2015-04-12 at 04:15 AM.

Would someone tell me what I did wrong on Gruul here?

Char name: Galaxyquest

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Would someone tell me what I did wrong on Gruul here?

Char name: Galaxyquest

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    Really, not a whole lot. Three major things stick out -

1. You didn't use FF as soon as you got a Frenzy stack on your opener. you had Stamp + BW + everything else going. Pop it as soon as you get one.
    2. Really low Barrage count. Remember, it's still a pretty high priority even on a single target.
    3. Second pot usage. You popped it at a random time - you didn't line it up with anything. In fact, the only thing you seemed to line it up with was a ring proc? Use it with a BW + FF + BHOM + a Dire Beast if you can. The more stuff you can stack with it, the better.

Your RNG SUCKED. No BW resets, shit-tier trinket procs, Time Warp was late coming in (you didn't have it for 60% of your first BW). Your high uptime on scope couldn't offset the lack of everything else.
    Other than the 3 things I mentioned, play seemed decent - you pushed back only enough to miss 1 KC, so definitely not awful there. You never capped Focus etiher.

Pay more attention to your cooldowns + potion alignment, hit Barrage more often (save Focus for it), and remember to hit FF at any stacks during the opener.

Heey peeps, I stil got my question open from my log, I did improve a bit since then but still not quite their yet.

What I notice a lot is that I often am 5 to 10 frenzy stacks short from my pet in most fights, why is this? My pet is almost always attacking whatever it is suppose to attack..

No so much a fix my dps post so much as what should i be pulling in 650ish ilevel gear. Usually i raid on my tank but i got bored when i dont raid and i have a almost fully geared pvp BM hunter and i was wondering if its ok to go in with pvp gear and what dps should i pulling. I did a dummy test was doing about 28-30k unbuffed. Is it good enough for heroic HM Norm BRF?

Quote Originally Posted by Gattz View Post
    No so much a fix my dps post so much as what should i be pulling in 650ish ilevel gear. Usually i raid on my tank but i got bored when i dont raid and i have a almost fully geared pvp BM hunter and i was wondering if its ok to go in with pvp gear and what dps should i pulling. I did a dummy test was doing about 28-30k unbuffed. Is it good enough for heroic HM Norm BRF?
    There is no real functional difference between PVP and normal gear now, gear with the same ilvl will have the same stat budgets. So it's actually a good way to get geared up if you can't raid.

PVP gear just gets an ilvl boost in BG, arenas, etc...

Some people who don't know this might kick you for it, but that's pretty much par for the course in pugging things regardless.

30k dps wt a 650 or so ilvl, is nearly unbelievable, especially unbuffed on target dummies. Since your DPS would likely be significantly higher in raid.

My server isn't exactly Stormrage, but this should give you an idea of DPS just on normal at a <657 ilvl.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3&class=Hunter

I suspect you were probably on lower level dummies. One of the things Bliz implemented in WoD is basically scaling up your damage on older content as part of the stat squish. So if you were testing out on some of the lv 80 or 90 dummies, your DPS would be significantly higher than it is on current lvl foes.

That would if it were real, qualify you for heroic BRF or mythic HM.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-04-17 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    There is no real functional difference between PVP and normal gear now, gear with the same ilvl will have the same stat budgets. So it's actually a good way to get geared up if you can't raid.

PVP gear just gets an ilvl boost in BG, arenas, etc...

Some people who don't know this might kick you for it, but that's pretty much par for the course in pugging things regardless.

30k dps wt a 650 or so ilvl, is nearly unbelievable, especially unbuffed on target dummies.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3&class=Hunter

I suspect you were probably on lower level dummies. One of the things Bliz implemented in WoD is basically scaling up your damage on older content as part of the stat squish. So if you were testing out on some of the lv 80 or 90 dummies, your DPS would be significantly higher than it is on current lvl foes.

That would if it were real, qualify you for heroic BRF or mythic HM.
    you would be correct lol i went back today to test and was like why am i not hitting as hard as i was and that was it. W went into a norm HM run, just because not that big a deal if i mess up and i was pulling like 22-25k. But thats good at least i know where my benchmarks are. Like i said its my hunter all i do is PvP with him so i really didnt know what numbers to look for. But thank you very much