Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks for the advice Illana, I will try them out and practice on the target dummies. I have my potion macro'd into my rapid fire and sometimes it seems to prepot and sometimes it doesnt.

Also sometimes when I look at my serenity addon both the RF icon and potion of tol'vir icon are on top of each other which is why I seem to be casting rapid fire twice instead of once

well as I said: don't rapid fire before the fight even starts. Best time to do it would be after you get your ISS up to make full use of the 15% haste and the 50% you get from RF

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 388
    Expectations: 40K+ on Madness (Also DPS on all fights upped as much as possible)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ttfox/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/180776/

Hey guys, Looking for some tips of any kind. Atm my gf and I are working on getting into a Raiding guild that is successful. Im healing, and shes dpsing. As far as we know, she has to step up her dps on almost every boss. Before you start, she did not have her 4 set, Bow, or Trinket when she was raiding on Weds, but on Sunday did not have the Bow or the trinket, but did have the 4 set.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 388
    Expectations: 40K+ on Madness (Also DPS on all fights upped as much as possible)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ttfox/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/180776/

Hey guys, Looking for some tips of any kind. Atm my gf and I are working on getting into a Raiding guild that is successful. Im healing, and shes dpsing. As far as we know, she has to step up her dps on almost every boss. Before you start, she did not have her 4 set, Bow, or Trinket when she was raiding on Weds, but on Sunday did not have the Bow or the trinket, but did have the 4 set.
    First thing's first gear and spec:

Can afford to shave off a little more hit, this is probably because of new gear and she hasn't had time to properly reforge there but it's some extra stats to be gained.

AoE is paramount in madness and also in black phases of yor'sahj. With the new set bonus you really don't need any points in termination anymore so move that to fill out 2/2 bombardment.

Now onto logs:

A common trend throughout her DPS is that autoshot is her highest damage done: this should not be the case for MM spec and it shows that she is not fully utilising every global CD. This means that she is not performing a good shot rotation and this is also seen by her low uptime on improved steady shot.

Improved steady shot is probably THE most important part of MM hunter DPS and you should really be maintaining a 95%+ uptime on every boss unless it's something like Hagara where you have a lot of time not actually DPSing anything.

Even on Ultraxion she only managed 88% uptime. If she cannot manage 95%+ ISS uptime on a standstill fight there is an inherent problem with her shot priority.

Since she has 4set she should be using arcane shot as much as possible to proc the haste bonus and then using aimed shot to dump focus, also I don't think she is using chimera shot on every cd, so the chimera shot glyph is granting her 0 DPS and she might think about changing it to the rapid fire glyph.

Think this might be a good start

To add onto what Illana said. Even if her rotation was bad she'd be doing a ton more dps by just using a gcd at all times which is something she isn't using. While I don't want to jump on the Kripparrian bandwagon that was ever so present through wrath, he did make one great video that would really help a player like the one listed. The video doesn't do much but show how to maximize damage. It's not even necessarily how to maximize hunter damage, just how abilities work in WoW and what you can do to ensure you get the most out of them. The specific spells in general that he uses are outdated, the info on maximizing dps isn't.

Again I apologize for linking it but it's really really good information for someone that based on the logs really isn't used to mashing buttons.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kripparr...32/VgDjG_0ecTI
    Last edited by refire; 2011-12-28 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Spec: Survival
    Item level 390
    Expectations: Doing more dps then I'm currently doing.
    Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B3rb/simple
    WoL link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kloeshq2r5lulh86/

Hi guys, I've been struggling to reach the numbers that I think my gear allows me to do. So far I cant get over 33.5k dps on for example ultraxion, I've gotten only 2 Fading lights and as mentioned I only managed to hit 33.5k. Even though this is an alt of me I feel like I can do so much more.
    I hope anyone of you can recognize some mistakes or anything I'm making.

Kind regards,
    Nórb

Deleted
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 393
    Expectations:
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ildar/advanced
    Old WoL log from when I was 391 geared (didnt do the fight after that): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dq8kp...?s=6172&e=6492

Last time I tried Ultraxxion normal 10m I did 31.5k dps with ilevel 391 this was 2 weeks ago. This reset I did LFR and did 34k dps while not ignoring any tactics
    I currently use ES and BA on CD, click Heroic Will 0.5 seconds before cast ends, im never focus capped.
    Is my DPS good or am I lacking in dps?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind, did Ultraxxion again yesterday, this time I did 37.5k average, that is fine dps AFAIK.
    Last edited by mmoc58074849ee; 2012-01-06 at 01:04 PM.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 393
    Expectations: 35k + Ultraxion 10 Heroic
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Eryhn/advanced
    WoL Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=446&e=697

The WoL link is from a LFR run we did to test his surv dps. Need him higher than the 31.5k dps he was pulling.

Note: He left for every HoT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    I will eat an entire plate full of hats if there isn't a new raiding tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Acdc1234 View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 393
    Expectations: 35k + Ultraxion 10 Heroic
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Eryhn/advanced
    WoL Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=446&e=697

The WoL link is from a LFR run we did to test his surv dps. Need him higher than the 31.5k dps he was pulling.

Note: He left for every HoT
    Not sure why he hasn't specced serpent spread? I know it won't help on ultrax but for all other fights with any aoe its kinda important.

His glove enchant should be 20 agi

Try to run firelands hc some more to get him the lord rhyolith cloak, he also should have 22 agi on the cloak.

50 agility should be on wrists not 65 crit

Hit cap, I think 0.17% is too big a miss chance can be easily solved by changed one of his belt gems to glinting.

now onto the logs:

Not sure if this was a mistake or not but there was one multishot used in the log. There is absolutely no reason to use multi-shot on ultrax.

He only had one call of the wild. Assuming he is using a ferocity pet for the fight he can pre-use call of the wild and then summon his fight pet to use another one duing the fight.

both his wolves aren't specced correctly. Survival in this raid tier now used 2/2 wild hunt and nothing in shark attack.

He's got a very low amount of arcane shots which leads me to believe he is focus capping a lot and not utilising every global effectively.

Also seems to me that he isn't stacking cooldowns effectively. Usually on 10man my arcane shot crits for 32k+ and i get up to 26k explosive tick crits and my gear is not as good as his.

Basically whenever he uses cotw or potion he should be hasted or at least using it in conjunction with his kiril staff proc, stacking cooldowns on this fight is essential because it's so short.

Also another minor thing is that his professions are terrible for hunters and DPS in general. Probably get him to change herbalism to LW at least for a 80 agi boost.

Item Level: 392
    Expectations: 35k+ on Ultraxion
    Armory Link: u s . battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Risqueaspect/simple
    WoL Link: w w w. worldoflogs.com/reports/snz2yx20vnkmwxj1/

This is my guilds WoL link from a DS clear after a few shoddy Hagara attempts. For Ultra, i did 33.7K but I am ready to do anything for more dps. Thank you! (sorry for the broken links, new poster)

Item Level: 396
    Expectations: Better DPS on Madness (and overall)
    Armory Link: u s .battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/E%C3%ADthne/advanced
    WoL Link: world of logs.com/reports/07xs8zad7smmjccz/ (tonight's Madness parse)
    world of logs.com/reports/xttgd80i6rhqkrb7/ (the other bosses, from earlier this week)
    (Sorry for the spaces - new poster)

Hi guys, been reading this forum for the last few months and you guys have helped me improve a lot as a hunter. My raiding team hasn't managed to down Madness yet, but I wanted to know if anyone wouldn't mind taking a look at my parses to see if there's anything that I could improve on. From looking at other hunter parses on WoL, I can already tell that my uptime on Serpent Sting is absolutely crappy, but I don't really know how to fix that. I switch targets and I apply Serpent Sting as soon as I can (well, maybe sometimes it takes a few seconds)... I have the same problems on Blackhorn too, btw: multiple targets and really subpar uptime on my DoTs. Would really appreciate any input/suggestion from you guys about target selection (I click-target rather than tab-target), etc.

I know you guys will probably pooh-pooh my Kiroptyric Sigil, btw, but the only other option I had was the 378 Hungerer...

Thanks so much,

Eíthne
    Last edited by Eithne; 2012-01-27 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    LF Advice/Tips for hunters to do max dps. Just hints for getting a few more hundred(or even thousand) DPS.

Log:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j4...e/?s=499&e=767

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Slayrs/simple

Oddly enough, i managed 34,4k on Ultra few weeks ago when i didn't have Vishanka(Had ilvl378), or 397 Cloak, or 397 Boots..

Quote Originally Posted by RisqueBlock View Post
    Item Level: 392
    Expectations: 35k+ on Ultraxion
    Armory Link: u s . battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Risqueaspect/simple
    WoL Link: w w w. worldoflogs.com/reports/snz2yx20vnkmwxj1/

This is my guilds WoL link from a DS clear after a few shoddy Hagara attempts. For Ultra, i did 33.7K but I am ready to do anything for more dps. Thank you! (sorry for the broken links, new poster)
    Im assuming you use hc dreadfire drape on your back since you're not hitcapped and wearing guild cloak.

gear and spec looks all fine.

Logs:

Only used 1 potion for ultrax: where's the prepot?

I don't see any call of the wild, did you forget to use it?

Your deterrence ran for the full 5 seconds, make a cancelaura macro on your explosive shot so you can deflect Hour and immediately start DPSing again.

That's about the most DPS you're going to be able to squeeze. Might put you close to 35k in your gear.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eithne View Post
    Item Level: 396
    Expectations: Better DPS on Madness (and overall)
    Armory Link: u s .battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/E%C3%ADthne/advanced
    WoL Link: world of logs.com/reports/07xs8zad7smmjccz/ (tonight's Madness parse)
    world of logs.com/reports/xttgd80i6rhqkrb7/ (the other bosses, from earlier this week)
    (Sorry for the spaces - new poster)

Hi guys, been reading this forum for the last few months and you guys have helped me improve a lot as a hunter. My raiding team hasn't managed to down Madness yet, but I wanted to know if anyone wouldn't mind taking a look at my parses to see if there's anything that I could improve on. From looking at other hunter parses on WoL, I can already tell that my uptime on Serpent Sting is absolutely crappy, but I don't really know how to fix that. I switch targets and I apply Serpent Sting as soon as I can (well, maybe sometimes it takes a few seconds)... I have the same problems on Blackhorn too, btw: multiple targets and really subpar uptime on my DoTs. Would really appreciate any input/suggestion from you guys about target selection (I click-target rather than tab-target), etc.

I know you guys will probably pooh-pooh my Kiroptyric Sigil, btw, but the only other option I had was the 378 Hungerer...

Thanks so much,

Eíthne
    Spec and gearing looks fine.

If you're hurting on a trinket go and kill normal rag, think you will get more benefit out of matrix than the sigil.

Log:

Looks like you forgot to mark ultrax before the fight started

Should always lead with SrS, getting that up is no.1 in your priority above everything else.

You used wyvern sting at one point XD? Wasted global

Shouldn't need to misdirect again during the fight, that's another wasted extended globa (MD triggers 1.5 second GCD instead of 1 second)

[20:50:29.315] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:50:30.309] Eíthne begins to cast Cobra Shot
    [20:50:32.043] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:50:33.100] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:50:34.041] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:50:34.348] Eíthne casts Heroic Will
    [20:50:38.944] Eíthne casts Synapse Springs
    [20:50:38.944] Eíthne casts Black Arrow on Ultraxion
    [20:50:40.580] Eíthne casts Heroic Will
    [20:50:47.070] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion

Time between ES is too long, think you might have mis-hit a key or something but 8 seconds between ES is a bit long.

You seem to do it quite often: try and hit ES on every CD it's what's going to make a difference on your DPS. Prioritise it above BA.

[20:51:43.254] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:51:44.287] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:51:45.260] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:51:46.816] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:51:50.386] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion

You kind of messed this LnL up a little but it's ok it will come with practice.

[20:52:04.962] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:05.964] Eíthne casts Kill Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:06.964] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:07.964] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:08.978] Eíthne casts Kill Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:09.981] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:10.981] Eíthne casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:11.506] Eíthne casts Heroic Will
    [20:52:18.916] Eíthne casts Black Arrow on Ultraxion
    [20:52:19.914] Eíthne casts Kill Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:21.552] Eíthne casts Kill Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:22.398] Eíthne casts Agile
    [20:52:22.560] Eíthne casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:52:23.622] Eíthne begins to cast Cobra Shot

Between that first ES and when you started to cast CoS is over 18 seconds, iirc maximum duration of SrS is 18 seconds so it must have fallen off here in a VERY crucial part of survival hunter DPS which is our killshot phase.

Last part is a trick you can use: summon a different ferocity pet before the fight starts, unsummon and while the dismiss cast bar is running cast call of the wild and then summon your actual pet.

This allows you to get like 34seconds of CotW uptime which is a significant DPS boost.

Also you can deterrence 2 Hour of twilights which means less time spent in normal realm and more DPS. Just remember to macro /cancealaura deterrence into explosive shot or something.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazrs View Post
    LF Advice/Tips for hunters to do max dps. Just hints for getting a few more hundred(or even thousand) DPS.

Log:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j4...e/?s=499&e=767

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Slayrs/simple

Oddly enough, i managed 34,4k on Ultra few weeks ago when i didn't have Vishanka(Had ilvl378), or 397 Cloak, or 397 Boots..
    Armory isn't showing.

As for the log:

You have a ferocity pet but no CotW uptime: fix that.

It looks like you RFed before fight even started: don't.

The most damage you are going to get while RFed is your AiS. So use it just before you cast your first AiS along with call of the wild.

iSS uptime is ok. But for ultrax you really should be aiming for 95%+

You readinessed while under the effect of RF, that's a wasted global during your best DPS cooldown. Only ever Readiness after RF has ended and you're not going to drop iSS.

[16:32:06.689] Slayrs casts Rapid Fire
    [16:32:06.876] Slayrs casts Blood Fury
    [16:32:06.876] Slayrs casts Tol'vir Agility
    [16:32:07.266] Slayrs begins to cast Steady Shot
    [16:32:08.255] Slayrs begins to cast Steady Shot
    [16:32:09.252] Slayrs begins to cast Aimed Shot

Here again, you want to maximise the amount of AiS you can cast under RF so you should be using RF at around 80 focus with iSS at max duration and chimera on cd so you can get 2 AiS off in a row.

And again you readinessed while under effect of RF which is a wasted global.

Not a single deterrence either, you can gain a good chunk of DPS by deflecting it and cancelling deterrence right away instead of using heroic will.
    Last edited by Illana; 2012-01-19 at 05:04 PM.

Rassa Anetheron DPS help!

Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 381
    Expectations: trying to get my DPS to a more respectable level (30k)
    Armory Link: us .battle.net/wow/en/character/anetheron/Rassa/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/mmeocl73e39dxuqu
    WoL log is of an LFR raid I went with guildies.

Hello All,
    I'm just recently getting back into playing my hunter and would like to try and optimize my dps for raiding with my guild starting 25man DS.

Any Incite will be greatly appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: SV
    Ilvl: 395 (391-393 on logs indicated)
    Expectations: get my DPS up as much as possible, around 25-40k on all fights
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illon/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...um/damageDone/ for first 4 bosses (w/ t12 chest and 384 LFR bracers) and http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...um/damageDone/ for next 3 (w/ the gear in armory - the new trinky (which replaced normal Hungerer) used only on madness).

If some of you could help me out here. Am the only raiding hunter in our 10-man group and would like to do my best, on most fights my DPS is not comparable with others, although I'm one of the highest iLvl raiders in our guild. I know that am doing something wrong... Would be really great if someone would poke my nose into it what am doing wrong and how to improve.

Don't have the gold for epic gems, but working on it as I have time. Also atm I can change the gloves to Sporebat 397 version ones and the spire of globulus for LFR kiril. Have the deathwing normal ragna bow, which I changed for the pvp one, cause well - that was a signifacant upgrade.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-01-20 at 07:10 AM.

Sorry to clog up this board with non-fix-my-dps material, but I just wanted to thank Ilana for all the awesome feedback!!! Lots of room for me to improve, and I'm glad you showed me where to start =).

Thanks,

Eíthne

Quote Originally Posted by Rassa-Anetheron View Post
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 381
    Expectations: trying to get my DPS to a more respectable level (30k)
    Armory Link: us .battle.net/wow/en/character/anetheron/Rassa/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/mmeocl73e39dxuqu
    WoL log is of an LFR raid I went with guildies.

Hello All,
    I'm just recently getting back into playing my hunter and would like to try and optimize my dps for raiding with my guild starting 25man DS.

Any Incite will be greatly appreciated!
    Insight* just so you know for next time

GEAR first:

No belt buckle that needs fixing.
    Non-optimal enchant on hands, but that's 15 mastery and relatively minor
    No enchant on back
    Non-optimal enchant on chest, but this is only 5 agility
    Try not to gem yellow gems for anything under a 20 agility bonus. For example you will get more DPS with a 40 agility gem in helmet and gloves

You have a little too much haste. I would try and cut it down to 1300 haste and get a bit nearer to the hit cap so you can squeeze more crit and mastery out.
    Your talents are a bit off, since 2part t13 we do not need ANY points in termination now as we overflow with focus as MM even without any points.
    Put 1 point in rapid killing and then the other to fill out MfD

Don't use chimera glyph: it's only a DPS increase if you hit chimera at every cd and not many builds allow you to do that. Replace with rapid fire glyph.
    I know the 2 empty glyph slots won't give u any DPS but it's still better to fill them out.

I think sorting your gear out is first priority, it seems you are pretty new to hunter and you should get some more practice before asking for help here as you are making lots of simple mistakes that can be rectified just by reading asrialol's guide.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Spec: SV
    Ilvl: 395 (391-393 on logs indicated)
    Expectations: get my DPS up as much as possible, around 25-40k on all fights
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illon/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...um/damageDone/ for first 4 bosses (w/ t12 chest and 384 LFR bracers) and http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...um/damageDone/ for next 3 (w/ the gear in armory - the new trinky (which replaced normal Hungerer) used only on madness).

If some of you could help me out here. Am the only raiding hunter in our 10-man group and would like to do my best, on most fights my DPS is not comparable with others, although I'm one of the highest iLvl raiders in our guild. I know that am doing something wrong... Would be really great if someone would poke my nose into it what am doing wrong and how to improve.

Don't have the gold for epic gems, but working on it as I have time. Also atm I can change the gloves to Sporebat 397 version ones and the spire of globulus for LFR kiril. Have the deathwing normal ragna bow, which I changed for the pvp one, cause well - that was a signifacant upgrade.
    I know you're gear is usually optimised so won't go into that

Although you have a pretty big mistake in your talents: sic'em is a lot better than CA now on most fights. Could easily get 500 free DPS just from changing those talents around.

As for the logs:

Only 40 seconds of potion, what happened to the other 10? Was it a mistake in pull timer?
    You only managed 2 4set procs in the entire fight, should be able to get 3 easily in a 5minute fight but could be bad RNG.
    Something is wrong with the log oO says you had troll racial up for 110 seconds.

[20:36:13.725] Sonnillon casts Serpent Sting on Ultraxion
    [20:36:15.345] Sonnillon casts Black Arrow on Ultraxion
    [20:36:16.510] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion

I know this is a small thing but it's a bad habit. ES has higher priority than BA

Probably should stagger zerking and RF since having both will put you under GCD for cobra shot.

[20:38:06.448] Sonnillon casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:07.942] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:09.333] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:10.651] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:12.206] Sonnillon casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion

What happened here? Fading light maybe?

You used your second pot at a pretty bad time. Should have done it when you first entered killshot phase to max your damage there. Also not sure what happened but you missed out on a killshot since you only managed 5 and Surv does killshots in pairs.

Also same problem other people have: use deterrence to block 2 hours and you gain a little bit of dps not having to go into normal realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 40 seconds of potion, what happened to the other 10? Was it a mistake in pull timer?
    Have no idea there. Usually poping pot when tanks countdown has started (he goes from 5).

Although you have a pretty big mistake in your talents: sic'em is a lot better than CA now on most fights. C
    Oh, will fix that on the next talent tree reset before the raid. Will go over my most used raiding pet(s) talents as well.

I know this is a small thing but it's a bad habit. ES has higher priority than BA
    Will try to avoid it, but I guess it has stuck to me from the times I started raiding.

Probably should stagger zerking and RF since having both will put you under GCD for cobra shot.
    Using those in the macro alongside of CoW (having that from the time I was MM) (if ofc have the pet has this talent). So Rapid fire alone and then racial/CoW?

20:38:06.448] Sonnillon casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:07.942] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:09.333] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:10.651] Sonnillon casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [20:38:12.206] Sonnillon casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion

What happened here? Fading light maybe?
    2 possibilities, me messing up the rotation and fading light or just fading light. But I guess the first possibility is more likely.

Will change few points to sick'em, go over your guide on SV a bit more thoroughly and check my pet(s) talent tree(s). Thanks for the input and time spent on me

aren't you using a cunning pet?

Either way you can also pre-summon a ferocity pet and use CotW before pull and summon your real pet on pull for about 15-18 seconds more of CotW

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't you using a cunning pet?
    It depends, sometimes I use a ferocity one as well (wolf). But I give the pet switching a try.