Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    i see, well i fixed them now, removed pet auto cast for dash and macroed rabid, will be paying more attention for my CD management, gonna set up a power aura's for those timers, do u think all that could push me 4~5k dps?
    Eh, maybe, but it largely depends on good RNG (many LnL procs, few fading light debuffs). And your kill time is pretty horrible, lasting 30 seconds more would give you a huuuge dps boost due to second rapid fire/COTW. Basically, if we say you sit at 60K dps when COTW/Rapid fire ends, you will slowly be dropping downwards, 57K at 1 min, 54K at 2 min, 51K at 3 min and so forth. So by the time you hit 5 minutes, you will be at your absolute lowest, but when you hit 5:15, you will have been boosted back up. Not saying any of the numbers are "real", but thats the general idea of why a longer fight can sometimes be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eh, maybe, but it largely depends on good RNG (many LnL procs, few fading light debuffs). And your kill time is pretty horrible, lasting 30 seconds more would give you a huuuge dps boost due to second rapid fire/COTW. Basically, if we say you sit at 60K dps when COTW/Rapid fire ends, you will slowly be dropping downwards, 57K at 1 min, 54K at 2 min, 51K at 3 min and so forth. So by the time you hit 5 minutes, you will be at your absolute lowest, but when you hit 5:15, you will have been boosted back up. Not saying any of the numbers are "real", but thats the general idea of why a longer fight can sometimes be better.
    yea i see your point, and does make sense :P
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Wanna-be Hunter here.

Survival
    40-45k ++
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Morcrunk/simple
    worldoflogs.com/reports/7t0qdwdqpdd9qv5n/ Name was Lethal
    femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=73921

I'm having trouble getting off my 30-35k dps plateau. I know I should be well into the 40-50k area especially being item level 401. I average about 30-35k on Ultraxion which is a pure dps-check fight. The logs I posted were when I was about 397ish. Anyone have any help on where I could improve or what I'm doing wrong?!

[
    Last edited by LethalJD; 2012-05-31 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalJD View Post
    Survival
    40-45k ++
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Morcrunk/simple
    worldoflogs.com/reports/7t0qdwdqpdd9qv5n/ Name was Lethal
    femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=73921
    [
    though there is no ultraxion fight in your provided link I will jsut look over Morchok. You was called to dmg Kohcrom.
    - 1 time let SS fall of your target
    - overall ss uptime can be better near 96-98%
    - ES usage on lock'n'load. You can use 2 of this back to back with filler between third ES --> ES:ES:[Filler]:ES or ES:[Filler]:ES:ES
    - you got in melee range...
    - in black ooze phase you can cast another SS on Morchok if in range
    - 4 min fight, only one time used your racial
    - 80% uptime on sniper training, think about better movement so you stand from time to longer and held buff up.
    - you get leader of the pack (5%) but used a wolf; did you really had all buffs?
    - flask used infight, 1 gcd...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Spec SV
    Item Level 400
    Expectations: 43-45k
    Armory Link: us.battle. net /wow/en/character/uldaman/Tylenoljon%C3%AAs/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs. com /reports/bqwa0tjocns8euay/sum/damageDone/?s=6280&e=6553
    Femaledwarf Link: Femaledwarf. com/?setting_id=74062

I've never played SV before up until a few weeks ago. I feel like my DPS could improve. The Ultrax log was with a 398ilvl

first, you log isn't open, so I can't check it. But your expectations are to high. In ilvl ~400 you should aim for 40-41k dps. Everything above is pure critluck, tott, Dark Intent and whatever... With 40k dps + all will be fine. remeber it is ultraxion and will defenitly lose dps for phaseswitches

everything else I suggst you check the SV and the L'n'L Guide here in the forum and mining isn't great for dps ^^
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-06-07 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    first, you log isn't open, so I can't check it. But your expectations are to high. In ilvl ~400 you should aim for 40-41k dps. Everything above is pure critluck, tott, Dark Intent and whatever... With 40k dps + all will be fine. remeber it is ultraxion and will defenitly lose dps for phaseswitches

everything else I suggst you check the SV and the L'n'L Guide here in the forum and mining isn't great for dps ^^
    thanks. the log should be public now. the ultrax kill was 41k i believe , so i guess around where i should be then. it's just with the recent switch to SV im not as confident with the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Odouls View Post
    Spec SV
    Item Level 400
    Expectations: 43-45k
    Armory Link: us.battle. net /wow/en/character/uldaman/Tylenoljon%C3%AAs/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs. com /reports/bqwa0tjocns8euay/sum/damageDone/?s=6280&e=6553
    Femaledwarf Link: Femaledwarf. com/?setting_id=74062
    Keren was right about the expectations but I think you could get a bit closer than that. First, try to convince them to use bloodlust at the start, that's the only time where all of the raid can get the full effect without any interruptions from heroic will; the raid dps will improve and the fight will be shorter. Then consider moving your rapid fire around instead of stacking it with bloodlust and time it together with your second pot and maybe a polearm proc and eng gloves use. In your opening, you threw in a cobra shot before black arrow. Fire off es, ss, and ba right away to get them on cooldown and have ba start proccing lnl as soon as possible. I saw es as es es for lnl which is fine, just make sure that a tiny delay is between the last two so they don't clip. There were only 3 clipped so not a huge issue, just something you can try to perfect. One last small thing, going haste to crit and leaving the mastery on your emergency descent loop would better fit the rest of your reforging and is the only thing wowreforge came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by CityPunch View Post
    Fire off es, ss, and ba right away to get them on cooldown and have ba start proccing lnl as soon as possible. I saw es as es es for lnl which is fine, just make sure that a tiny delay is between the last two so they don't clip.
    I agree with almost everything you suggest except:

Serpent Sting should be first. You do 10% more damage to targets that are affected by it.

No delay is required between explosive shots, I am speaking from a low to non existent latency point of view, to keep them from clipping. However if your latency isn't the best, then a delay may work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Serpent Sting should be first. You do 10% more damage to targets that are affected by it.
    I wasn't exactly meaning to place an emphasis on the order, though I do it that way and think it's superior since even one clip gained from that es coming off cd one second earlier more than makes up for the damage lost from the extra 10% on the first two ticks without it. Either way really, when averaged out, changes in the opening have very miniscule dps effects.
    No delay is required between explosive shots, I am speaking from a low to non existent latency point of view, to keep them from clipping. However if your latency isn't the best, then a delay may work for you.
    Usually I don't promote one single way to handle lnl since every forum thread I've ever read about it has ended with basically "it depends". While I experience the reverse of your situation (clipping on lower latency without a delay, and a delay being unnecessary on higher latency), I saw clipping on the log regardless of knowing the latency so I assumed his latency would need it.
    Last edited by Jayeazy; 2012-06-09 at 02:15 AM.

thank you for all of the help. i appreciate it .

Deleted
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 397
    Expectations: hoping for 37k+ @ultraxion
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iexus/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...um/damageDone/

Hi,
    I hope to find some actions i do wrong to improve my Ultraxion-DpS. Please note that 403-Vishanka is new - had the lfr-version on the logged fight

thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Zefix View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 397
    Expectations: hoping for 37k+ @ultraxion
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iexus/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...um/damageDone/

Hi,
    I hope to find some actions i do wrong to improve my Ultraxion-DpS. Please note that 403-Vishanka is new - had the lfr-version on the logged fight

thank you in advance
    Your log shows you doing 38.5k, maybe you had it showing the whole report instead of just the ultra log, so you're already doing better than you thought!
    Your fight length is the worst it could possibly be at 5 minutes, any longer and you could have a 2nd rapid fire but at the moment you're at the lowest you will get (draco had a good example a few posts up), so keep that in mind if you're not seeing really good numbers. Try to get one of your rogues to tricks you as well, it would be more effective on you as you're the highest dps (unless they're jerks and keep it between themselves like mine do :P). The log showed 9 es ticks missing, though 2 were missing because the boss died before the last application ended, so that leaves 7, which is still a pretty high number. Practice leaving a small delay in between the 2 explosive shots and see if you can get all 9 ticks constantly.
    Last edited by Jayeazy; 2012-06-11 at 02:09 AM.

nvm dont mind this post
    Last edited by marv333; 2012-06-13 at 06:59 PM.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 409(BiS)
    Expectations: Rank 1 for Survival Hunters
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B2sh/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...C3%B2r%C3%B2sh

This isn't a troll post. I'm looking for people to critique me.
    2 Things I noticed I could do better.
    1. Berserking could have been used twice. I based my CD usage off of our (at the time) best kill which was 10 seconds longer, and decided to not use it with Lust.
    2. Perhaps delaying my Synapse Springs to line up with Kiril's proc, which depending on our kill times could or could not be feasible.

This is the only fight I really have fun with in DS as of right now. Thank you for your time and input.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbuux View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 409(BiS)
    Expectations: Rank 1 for Survival Hunters

This isn't a troll post. I'm looking for people to critique me.
    2 Things I noticed I could do better.
    1. Berserking could have been used twice. I based my CD usage off of our (at the time) best kill which was 10 seconds longer, and decided to not use it with Lust.
    2. Perhaps delaying my Synapse Springs to line up with Kiril's proc, which depending on our kill times could or could not be feasible.

This is the only fight I really have fun with in DS as of right now. Thank you for your time and input.
    I've looked at a lot of hunter logs and the one glaring thing that that always stands out to me is that even a lot of bis top dps hunters don't pre call of the wild, which is an obvious dps boost. IMO you should use your synapse springs immediately on pull because Kiril is going to proc within the first 5 seconds of the fight most likely and you will have some big cds up then, call of willd+pot+synapse springs+hero; also gives you a chance to use it again later with some big cds up. About 5-10s after the first hour of twilight your pot will come off cd and you can get off another good round of burst with rapid fire, pot, gloves again, 2nd call of wild and after rapid fire ends you can use your racial because both the pot and call of wild last for 20/25 seconds so you'll get full benefit of all your cds; maybe try to time it with kiril for max benefit. You got a pretty high rank on the parse you posted, but it's probably going to come down to rng when it comes to getting the top parse because of fading light. The only other thing I see is that you should put greater mastery to gloves over 20agi.

At this point it heavely depend on stacking the right buffs, get luck with fading and crit streaks. Moreover you got DI and tricks. Now just use the second berserking =)
    Simple sings to have in Mind: delay your first rapid fire because of chronohunter will proc of first two arcanes, use it after; over all you have Bloodlust, 2x Berserking, 2x Chronohunter, 2x Springs and 4x proccs of kiril. If you mind and able to do, line up each kiril after few stacks (4-6) with tricks, pot, springs and _one_ haste effect. Also relevant is to have in mind, when your cds could line up next with kiril or if it would be better used with the next flintlockes woodchucker.
    Already said: use call of the wild and then switch pet prepull.

Moreover you lost 2 explosive shot ticks and I dont know if WOL just left out, but Kings only did have a 35% uptime and there is no Mark of the Wild mentioned, which would have the greatest inpact for your dps in this log.

Happy Hunting after #1 WOL ^^
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-06-19 at 05:43 AM.

Spec: SV
    iLVL: 402

I am Sindariian on Stormrage-US in the guild, Ante Meridiem and I have been pre-potting and then throwing Explosive trap and following up with Serp-RF-ES and BA and reforged my gear as much as I can so now the only haste I have is 1265 haste rating but my Hit is at 961 perfectly. My issue is that i cant seem to get out of 28-30K in raids. I have been looking for rotation help/spec help for the heroic bosses in Dragon Soul and I have asked for help and input but I think I am getting so many different ideas, i am thoroughly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    Spec: SV
    iLVL: 402

I am Sindariian on Stormrage-US in the guild, Ante Meridiem and I have been pre-potting and then throwing Explosive trap and following up with Serp-RF-ES and BA and reforged my gear as much as I can so now the only haste I have is 1265 haste rating but my Hit is at 961 perfectly. My issue is that i cant seem to get out of 28-30K in raids. I have been looking for rotation help/spec help for the heroic bosses in Dragon Soul and I have asked for help and input but I think I am getting so many different ideas, i am thoroughly confused.
    With your ILvl you should be doing significantly more dps. As far as I can tell you should be using Normal Kiril and normal Vishanka over the heroic weapons you're using because they are still higher dps overall (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). Going to need to see logs from you to really tell you where you can improve, not much anyone can say to help you without your logs. A lot of things can determine dps including raid composition, ping, and rotation; but survival rotation is pretty easy. The main thing with your rotation is not to delay your explosive shot, try to always keep up sniper training and proper use of your cds. Only thing I see wrong with your gear is 50 mastery to gloves, there's a slightly better enchant +65 master to gloves; Find some logs if you can and post them so we can help you out.

Exactly! I have the Norm kiril and Vishanka and i always suspected those would be better. I think it is my rotation but then again, it might be that im not 'throwing a trap, standing on my head, dismissing a pet, recalling it and rubbing my belly before going into my normal rotation" lol With all those presteps, i can see myself losing alot of DPS. I may as well play Marks and I dont even knwo how to do that spec effectively. LOL I have to post 10 times to share my logs or anything but any help woudl be great actually. i am getting so swamped with all this conflicting stuff , its really throwing me for a loop!
    Last edited by Sindariian; 2012-06-20 at 10:05 PM.